The one with the broken Water Pipe

High & Low ~ Another World ~ 「Amamiya Brothers」

"Do you know how much trouble I went through today?" said Masaki as he watched his younger brother stepping inside the apartment."Where did you go?

"Nah, Masaki!" he responded pushing the door behind him "I just needed some time on my own." He took off his black leather jacket and threw it against the couch casting a glance at his brother. "I'll take a shower."

"Could you listen to your older brother for once?" he sighed, while Hiroto disappeared inside the bathroom. "Let's talk when you finish your shower."

Masaki picked up Hiroto's Jacket and hang it. He walked outside the bathroom door and started talking to him "Hiroto you can't keep living your life the way we used to. There is a future waiting out there..."

The doorbell rang and he was interrupted. He walked over and opened the door. In front of him stood 5'1 tall a female. Her dark brown wavy hair was resting freely against her shoulders. Her body type quite slender and her body figure resembling one of a fashion model. She stood there casually with her big black eyes gazing at him. She was wearing a pair of jeans and a close-fitting black shirt.

Although the male was smiling at her in a polite way, she acknowledged who he was. Her roommate revealed the neighbors above them were the Amamiya Brothers. She didn't have to add any other details. When Amaya still lived in Sannoh Region, she had heard the stories. And even if she had not returned for years, nor talked to anyone. Yamato would text her from time to time. To find out how she was doing and share with her the news. Amaya was like a sister to him, and with Cobra still mad at her. He would check that their crazy rebel was doing fine.

"Hi! I'm living downstairs and there has been an issue." said Amaya with an empty look on her face. She gazed at Masaki and peeked inside the apartment.

Masaki happy to find a girl on his doorstep smiled and with his flirt mode on he answered. "Hello, we never met right!? I'm Masaki! How can I help you?" he stepped aside making some space for her to enter.

Though Amaya remained on her spot. "As I was saying there is an issue in your bathroom. Whenever you are using the shower it leaks into ours. There must be some problem with your water pipes. Please fix them." she said in a loud and strong tone.

It was then when the bathroom door opened and a very half- Hiroto showed. A towel only wrapped around his waist, steam evaporated from his warm body. He paused and glared at Masaki and the unknown girl that was looking at him. "Why would that be our problem. Maybe the damage is in your pipe system!" he declared.

Amaya forgot the image of the hot male in front of her and shouted "Our!? No, No! I checked it! It happens when you use your shower. And honestly, the leak is not our only problem. Imagine when we are showering and your dirty water ends upon us!"

Hiroto gave an ironic smile. The idea of his dirty water ending up as shower water for the annoying girl in front of him seemed pleasant. "It's not our problem!" he concluded and pushed Masaki away and closed the door into her face.

Amaya flipped and knocked a few times on the door. But no one answered, and she would not try her luck to get in a fight with an Amamiya today. They would have this talk again, but later. Maybe she would ask Masaki one more time to fix the pipe. He seemed more friendly than Hiroto.

Masaki slowly watched the door close and he could no longer see the cute girl. "What is wrong with you?" he yelled at Hiroto "We have a girl standing in our front door and you send her away?"

The younger of the Amamiya brother ignored his brother and went into his room and changed into a clean pair of loose track pants and a black shirt. He knew that the water system on their shower was broken. Takeru was always the one that fixed any damages inside the house. The only reason the pipe was never fixed, was because it reminded them of Takeru. And fixing it seemed almost out of the question.


The following days the problem with the leaking water pipe remained and Amaya did not contact the Amamiya brothers. She claimed that it was due to her busy schedule. Truth be told the main reason was, she was a coward and facing someone like the Amamiya was a beak deal. Soon though she ran out of luck and stumbled against Hiroto in the staircase.

She cursed her luck and wanted to flee the scene as soon as possible. But she knew that would not benefit her and the leaking problem would remain. She straightened her body structure and cut Hiroto's way. Her right hand randomly touched the wall as she gazed at him "Have you looked into the problem with the water pipe?" she asked him determined.

Hiroto narrowed his eyes and openly glared at her. He was not in his best, and that damn girl kept annoying him. "I told you it's not our problem!" he hissed trying to push her away.

Amaya didn't back off, she grabbed strongly from the staircase and remained to block his way. "You know your water pipes are broken..." she shouted catching his full attention "Stop playing Dump! And brink a plumber and repair them!"

The annoying girl was right. But He could not accept that the last uncomplete task that Takeru left, would be fixed. He shook his head disagreeing with her and forcefully made his way away from her. He decided to ignore her and walked away.

Even chicken-hearted Amaya was now pissed with his behavior. "What the heck!" she voiced up and she knew what exactly she had to say. It would piss the Amamiya but she was sure it would work him to repair the damn pipe. "Takeru would have already patch it up!" she added.

Hiroto paused and cast a glance above his shoulder. It was not only that his brother's name was mention. But the way that annoying girl said it. Indeed Takeru would have fixed it by now. Although he never gave her an answer, Amaya was sure that the pipe would be repaired soon. The problem was that she had just stepped on dangerous grounds and was in Hiroto's blacklist.

"Well done!" she mumbled in irony to herself. And hoped that after that encounter she would never see the youngest of the Amamiya brothers again.


"Aniki! Call a plumber, the water pipes are broken. I cannot fix them!" Hiroto said the same afternoon as he stepped outside the shower. He was trying to repair the pipes but it was beyond his knowledge. Amaya's words had already put him through a lot of thinking. In the end, he could not ignore the fact that Takeru was dead and he would never return. How long would he hide his misery and grief inside that bathroom?

Masaki looked at him with open mouth. His eyes followed him as Hiroto took a seat next to him. "Are you sick?" Masaki asked and placed his palm against his forehead to check if he had a fever.

Hiroto rolled his eyes and punched his hand away. "I'm fine. I think the damn girl from downstairs was right. It's our pipe system that is broken."

"I know that Hiroto. You never really listen to your brother. How many times have I already told you that?" Masaki said while searching his contacts to find a plumber. "Not sure what made you change your mind. But I'm glad that you finally moving on!"

Masaki called the plumber the same evening and the pipe system was repaired. Hiroto never revealed what made him change his mind. Now he had a new enemy on his list. As for Amaya, she found out the same night that she could take a shower without the dirty water from the apartment above her. Though our fearful and gutless girl started an unknown war with the youngest of the Amamiya brothers.

Upcoming Chapter: Act Three


Thank you for reading! ^_^