The one with knowing the Enemy

High & Low ~ Another World ~ 「Amamiya Brothers」

Knowing more would not make someone perfect, on the contrary, it shows just how imperfect that person may be and how much there is to work on. It was the same case with the leader of the Hoodlum Squad as he was putting together the puzzle. This time their foes haven't taken any action yet. A day ago they even didn't comprehend who they were dealing with. He knew and he knew it well, it was time for them to unite their power again. Cobra hoped to reach an entente with SWORD. He had already sent a word to meet with the rest of the leaders of SWORD and their members in the abandoned old Mugen building.

Now their enemy wasn't Kuryu Group or better not only Kuryu. Since the last battle, Kuryu was no longer the same organization as it used to be. The gigantic polar organization named Kuryu Group was created by Kuze Ryushin. Kuryu lost its Leader. Kuze Ryushin died and now his successor was his son Ryu, Kuze Ryu. The main forces of the 'organization' are the nine presidents (also called the nine dragons.) Kuryu lost power. As most of them were in prison due to Saigo's undercover plan.

"There is no failure in Kuryu, failure means death!" The Iron rule of the Kuryu Group. As long as the head existed Kuryu wouldn't collapse. And the head was still standing strong. Even with Kuze Ryushin gone, the main person who led Kuryu was Kuze Rikako. The power of the nine would be revived and Kuryu should take back the old glory. Failure was not an option.

The police were still keeping an eye on them. The Chinese and Korean Mafia tracking them down and cutting their sources in Korean and China's market made them lose more power. Rikako's strategy had started since her husband died. She pushed Ruy to become the next chairman. And she was working to create Kuryu once again.

For the time being the problem was not Kuryu Group. It was the Korean and Chinese Mafia. Geonchugga. One of the largest Architecture Companies around Asia. What people didn't know was that the company had split into three parts. Kuryu kept the branch in Tokyo, Korean Mafia the Chanson kept their part in Seoul. And the third part the Chinese Mafia the Triads kept theirs in Hong Kong.

Kuryu's CEO was Ryu. The company in Tokyo was ready to bankrupt and the only reason it was standing was that the heads of the Geonchugga never announced that the company was separated. Why? Because they still needed the connection to manage and renew the Casino Project.

Korean Mafia the Chanson the Chairman was Kim Li Hoo, known as Li. He was the same age as Ryu and he was the one who cooperated with Kohaku and the Might Warriors a few years ago to break SWORD. Now he was no longer working with Chang. He owned the Seoul branch of Geonchugga now. And on his side were the Mighty Warriors once again. As he required them again to work for him.

On the other hand, now Chang owned the central of Geonchugga. As it was founded in Hong Kong and headquarters were there. The one independent Company was now enslaved to Chinese Mafia 'The Triads'. Only this time his daughter Cherry Chang was the CEO of the company. And the one dealing with the Casino project. But in the background, her father was aiding her.

The Casino Project was designed by a bigger organization and hid larger profits. Now with Kuryu out of the way, they needed to ensure that it would be built. And once again SWORD would have to face the outbreak. Only now the foe was more solid and ruthless. Now they had to face: three merciless organizations. All were aiming for SWORD for one reason; to build the Casino. Three of the most powerful Mafia clans would now collide.

The chalky paint fell in fragments leaving the splintered door a bare tarp. It whined on its amber hinges as the palm pressed gingerly against its moist frame. Ivy gnarled its way through windows. Windows, which surrounded the old building. The sign of the Mugen was still noticeable against the wall. The undefinable source of darkness draped over the walls like a tapestry over the rotting oak floors. In the middle sat Cobra on his bike waiting for the rest to show up. Behind him sat Amaya.

He drove by her apartment and picked her up today. Since she was the one who talked with Ryu she should be there and narrate the others. But that wasn't the only reason. Cobra wanted to have his sister with him. He wanted slowly to earn her trust again. And Amaya would be included in his plans. Afterall Cobra always thought that the best way to protect the one you care is to aid them to become strong and stand on their own. After meeting with Amaya, he no longer could see that strength in her. Although she sounded perfectly fine. He could tell she wasn't.

"I told you to leave the festivals of SWORD to us." suddenly said Hyuga as his team showed up on their cars and droved inside. Since Cobra asked them to show up even in a short noticed everyone arrived in the old hideout of the Mugen.

"We will destroy anyone to protect women. That's all. Who are we fighting this time?" Rocky announced parking his white motorcycle on the south. Of course, there were more serious reasons the leader of the White Rascals was supporting SWORD. Yet, he never admitted it. Even now he was only talking about protecting the women.

Murayama jumped off the track and stepped inside "Cobra-chan, the reason we are gathered here I hope it's serious. Oyako still trying to raise from Housen and Hope Hill's attack!" the leader of Oya high complained noticing the girl that was sitting next to Cobra.

"What other reason would he have?" Takeshi added as he had arrived with his gang. After Smokey's death, he was the head of Rude Boys.

"That's true! A new threat is surrounding SWORD again!" Kohaku finally spoke as he was leaning against his bike under the sign of Mugen. Tsukumo as always was next to him supporting him. Cobra had already discussed the outline of the problem with them.

"What about the USB?" asked Tsukumo.

"We already managed to open some of the files with some help!" clarified Masaki. He and Hiroto had just driven from the East parts. And now everyone protecting SWORD had arrived.

Hiroto gazed around until he spotted Amaya next to Cobra. An hour ago the Leader of Sannoh picked her up, living behind a very angry and confused Hiroto. That Idiotic roommate what of connection could she have to seat next to Cobra. A day ago she had nothing to do with Sannoh.

"Amamiya what did you find inside the USB?" Cobra asked interrupting Hiroto's confusing thoughts.

Masaki was the one who answered "There were old designs from the Casino Project. And new ones. Like someone was still working on them. We didn't manage to open the new files yet!"

"Eh?" Hyuga wandered "Didn't we stopped the Casino to be built?" He crossed one leg against the metallic surface of the car he was sitting.

"We did... But it seemed that the project was put on a hold. It was never canceled." Yamato informed them baffling everyone.

Takeshi took a step forward and spoke: "Are we dealing with Kuryu again?"

"Maybe!" Kohaku said "We were told Geonchugga. The company building the Casino never lost interest in SWORD. Meaning we might have new attacks."

"Didn't Kuryu own that company. I thought it would get out of business." Rocky puzzled serious.

"It should. Though the company is owned by Korean and Chinese Mafia. And they still want to build it. As for Kuryu, we cannot trust them." Cobra outlined serious as he gazed at everyone.

"That's why we gathered you here today. You should be careful! We don't know when they will attack or how?" Kohaku added.

"Oi! Who told gave you such information!" Hyuga quizzed.

"Kuryu!" answered Yamato.

"Wait our source is Kuryu. Can we trust them?" Takeshi was the next one to place a question.

"It was Ryu who informed Amaya!" Cobra said and pointed at her. Suddenly every member was gazing at the girl that was sitting behind him with many questions. "No, we cannot fully trust them. But It's not a lie. The files on the USB are one prove and the other is Saigo."

"Saigo?" buzzed Tsukumo.

"A! I contacted him earlier and he is looking into it." Kohaku verified Cobra's words "We are looking into it. For now, be careful. Until we find out what's going on!"

"This time it's serious. We don't know what ways Korean and Chinese mafia are using." Tetsu was the next one who spoke.

"Last time they included the Mighty warriors!" Dan added remembering how deadly the gang was.

"If Korean the Chanson are involved you should wait for the Mighty Warriors to be part of it!" Kohaku ensured him. After all, he was there when Chanson and Mighty Warriors signed the contracts. Of course, they would again use the deadliest ones.

Hiroto looked at the corner of his eyes at Kohaku. He had fought more than once with their leader. And it was a fight he would gladly repeat. But he didn't say anything about it.

"Then we are done here!?" questioned Masaki.

"For now! I need you all to know about the new threat and be extra careful." Cobra serious warned them.

Everyone was slowly getting ready to leave. But Murayama wasn't done talking. "Cobra-chan you never introduce us to your girl?" he directed in a silly tone catching the attention of SWORD "Are you dating?"

Cobra rolled his eyes and looked at Amaya above his shoulder "Amaya! She is my sister!" he uttered. Again there was an absence of sound. None talked or even moved and gazed at the siblings.

Murayama smiled "Cobra-chan you should have told me earlier! Now I am dating Oshiage."

Cobra shook his head hiding a smile "I would never allow you to date her!" Then he paused and glared at everyone around him "That goes for everyone. Amaya is off-limits"

Amaya rolled her eyes as it has been years she heard that line. As kids Cobra used to fight or threat anyone that would dare even to look at her. "I am not sure its the right time now onni-san" she mumbled.

Soon everyone was talking rattled by the news. Few were trying to tease Cobra to let them date Amaya. Some others were asking Amaya's questions. Like if she was dating and if they would have a chance to date her.

Across them, Hiroto was speechless. It was like a large rock had landed on his head. How many times didn't he cursed her rich family? He was sure she was hailing from some upper-class family. But here she was being Cobra's sister. Masaki was laughing at the outcome. He never thought that Amaya would be part of SWORD. But he liked the idea.

That's how the gathering of SWORD ended in a very threating and funny way. For now, things would slowly envolve. The enemy would start to show its face. The downfall of SWORD was close.

Upcoming Chapter: Act Seventeen」


Thank you for reading!

Feel free to Review and Follow! ^_^