The one with the Yamato's Visit

High & Low ~ Another World ~ 「Amamiya Brothers」

One month had passed since Amaya was captured by Doubt and two months after she moved to Takeru's room. Sharing a flat with two men was manageable for Amaya. She grew up with a brother and was a bit related to how boys act. Thankfully those two kept the basic hygiene rules and they were pretty clean. Cobra used to be like that too. Yet every day would be a new challenge to exist in the same room with Hiroto.

Both of them still disliked each other!

On the other hand for the Amamiya, it was a new way of living. Even for Masaki who was more understandable. After their parents died the brothers lived together. There was never a female around. Especially one like Amaya, who would draw all the attention without trying too much. The only positive part was that she was working long hours and the brothers had found some balance.

The rest of the days were always filled with loud arguing, fighting, and threatening. Gosh, they were loud! Whenever Amaya and Hiroto was in the same room, that room would never find peace. Things had gone even worse after the Doubt incident. Masaki was afraid soon they would start getting physical into fights. He was sure the only reason Hiroto had not strike her yet, was because she was a girl.

Their daily lives were never the same, and not boring any longer. Each day there was something new that happened inside the Amamiya house and it was all somehow related to Amaya. The daily routine was slowly changing and they had not fully comprehended. Though, along with that Amaya was also envolving.

Day by day, part of her old forgotten self would slowly blend with the present one. The self she hated and called dark. In spite of that, there was nothing really wrong with her self back then. It was the choices she took and the path she followed that was crooked. And back then she was only a confused teen. Amaya was surely not the same person. She was through a lot and managed to overcome her corrupted life. She came clean. Surely she made mistakes and wronged people. She had still a lot to learn and to grow. But what she could not see was that she was already a great person.

Though she never pictured herself like that. She could act self-centered and calm. But deep down in her core, she had no faith in herself. She thought that she was a dark person and maybe an evil one. She was filled with imperfections that she learned to hide over the years. And manage to show a perfect Amaya.

Yet living with the Amamiya changed that slowly...


She was working still on the Mall Project. The Desk was filled with Architectural drawings and Designs. Her laptop was running a simulation of the Mall as she was trying to correct a few details. Suddenly something soft hit the back of her head and her black lace bra landed on the keyboard. Her eyes blinked and she looked again to verify it was really her bra. She grabbed it and looked into the direction it came from.

An extremely annoyed Hiroto stood there glaring at her. He was wearing a white T-shirt and ripped jeans. "Oe, Idiot! Why is your bra mixed with my washed clothes?" he asked her in a loud tone. "Each and every time, there is one of your personal underwear mixed with my clothes."

Amaya dropped her bra against the Desk and stood up. It didn't take her long to fire up. "I am not doing it on purpose! ert! Do you really think I would go and hide my personal things with your laundry?" she shouted at him. Today her hair was straightened and she was wearing a brown woolen button-up shirt and jeans.

He shortened the distance between them and poked her against the shoulder once. "Oe! Keep you dirty things out of my side! Next time I will throw them away!" he warned her.

Masaki simply the TV volume and ignored them. There was no point to try to knock some sense at them. They would manage to drag him inside the fight too. Hiroto was always fighting with someone, even before Amaya moved in. He had his reasons though back then. As both Masaki and Takeru were messing with him whenever they could.

"Are you trying to scare me now!" Amaya backfired and pushed him with both of her hands. "Try me! And see what happens!"

Hiroto rose an eyebrow and lightly smiled mischievously. "You are right! Long enough have I only verbally warned you. Words don't work on Idiots!" he added and by-passed and grabbed her bra. He dashed off over the window and opened it. Hiroto paused his actions gazing at her to make sure she was watching him. And he simply threw the bra out of the window laughing.

"You ert!" Amaya screamed and ran towards him punching him lightly against his shoulder.

Both watched in slow motion the Bra floating against the air and dropping. Until it found it's target and landed on a male head. The man gasped the bra and looked at it bewildered. He lifted his head and had eye contact with the pair. And after realizing who they were he seemed upset. Then he jogged towards the building aiming to reach their apartment.

Amaya and Hiroto froze, while they witnessed with wide-open eyes who the man was. They took a step back and Hiroto locked the window astonished. Amaya was rubbing her eyes in disbelieve. Both turned at the knocking sound against the door. Before being able to react, a very lazy Masaki opened the door.

"Eh? What brings you here?" Masaki puzzled as the man forced his way inside the house without answering.

Hiroto glared at him and strolled over "Oe! Why..."

Amaya remained frozen next to the window still not believing what was happening "Yamato! Nante?" she mumbled in a low tone. But everyone heard her.

Yamato threw the bra against the coffee table and stared at Amaya and Hiroto for a second. Honestly, the last he was expecting was for them to surprise him like that. He thought he would be the one surprising them.

How did Yamato find out that Amaya was staying with the Amamiya Brothers? Simply the day after saving Amaya from Doubt, Masaki and the White Rascals went to Itokan Diner. There was said that the girl that Doubt caught was living with the Amamiya. Yamato placed the events together and slowly understood what happened.

Yet he would never guess their rebel would end up actually sharing an apartment with the Amamiya Brothers. Of course, he didn't reveal the truth to anyone. For a month now he wanted to visit Amaya. Finally today he decided to pay her a visit.

"I'm here visiting a friend!" Yamato clarified and pointed at Amaya "And Cobra wanted me to give you this..." Yamato handed over to Masaki a USB disk and took a seat.

"You know each other?" Hiroto questioned and tilted his head. How did his high society idiotic roommate know someone from Sannoh? "Friends? How?"

"We have a mature Friend!" both Yamato and Amaya outlined. They gazed at each other but didn't say anything further. They had a lot to discuss. She never thought that there would come a time that Yamato would find her living with the Amamiya.

The moment was interrupted as Masaki asked: "What's inside this USB?"

"We have looked into it, but cannot understand what it is! Furuno is out of the country and unknown when she will be back. Noboru managed to hack it, but the files make no sense." Yamato added.

"Where did you find it?" asked Hiroto dropping the matter how Yamato and Amaya knew each other.

"Rascals did, inside the Doubt building!" he informed them. "Doubt surely worked with someone. But we didn't manage to find any other clue."

"We'll look into it and brief you in!" Hiroto said and tapped his shoulder trying to make Yamato take his leave. It was making him uncomfortable to have Yamato around.

Yamato stood up glancing at Hiroto "You always welcome your guests so warmly? Anyway, I will take my leave!" There was a small silence as Yamato and Hiroto exchanged angry looks. Yamato never forgot, the fight between the Mugen and the Amamiya. And now he had one more reason to be bothered by them.

"To the ones who are welcome! Yes, we are!" he uttered gifting him back with the same annoyed look. Hiroto shared the same feelings. But it had more to do that the damn Hoodlum Squad member knew the Idiotic roommate.

"Amaya, can we talk outside?" Yamato asked and waited for her at the front door.

She could feel Hiroto's eyes pinned against her. But she did not look back and just followed Yamato. At the moment she was not worried about the Amamiya. She was trembling in the idea of Yamato exposing her to Cobra. She stepped outside with him "What do you want Yamato? And why did you show up here?"

Yamato turned and faced her grabbing her shoulder and looking at her serious "I was worried, Amaya! What are you doing?" he buzzed "Being threaten by Doubt? Captured? Living with the Amamiya? And what else is there we don't know! You insisted on keeping away from Sannoh... away from incidents like those. And here you are getting in a bigger mess! What would Cobra say?"

Amaya lowered her head, she couldn't give a valid reason, why she was avoiding to return home. What would she say? That she lied to them and even worked for the enemy. "I will!" she suddenly said "Yamato I need time. I cannot face Cobra! At least not yet!" she admitted honestly.

"Amaya you can perfectly live in a house with those two! Yet you cannot face your own brother?" he couldn't understand her. But Yamato was the kind of person that would not push her. He would wait for her to talk to Cobra on her own time. He was always like that. He supported his friends. He did the same with Noboru, Chiharu even Cobra.

"There is more you don't know about me Yamato. I'll come clean. But I don't have the strength to do it now. Trust me on this!" she requested. And this time she was sounding like the girl he used to know.

"Alright! If you need time you will have it! Though try to visit us from time to time. Even if you don't talk to Cobra! That's an order!" he told her smiling "And try keeping your bras inside your room." he added. He didn't want to go into any details. He didn't like the idea that Amaya was living with the Amamiya. But he knew that she was safe there.

Honestly, who would ever dare to cross paths with them? But Amaya was like his younger sister. And no brother would like to find out that their dearest person was living with two men. Especially, Hiroto. If Yamato reacted like that. Imagine Cobra's reaction. Scary?


Amaya unlocked the door and stepped inside, only to bump into Hiroto. He grabbed her from the arm and turned her pushing her against the office chair. "Explain? How do you know Yamato?" he sought out and crossed his arms standing over her.

She glanced at him, an eyebrow raised in silent question. "I already answered that. We have a mature friend!" she repeated and turned her chair around trying to get back on her work.

Though Hiroto was not satisfied with her answer. He grasped the backrest of the chair and shifted it around. "Now tell me how you know Yamato?" he questioned and leaned over her waiting for an answer.

"Hiroto-kun! You are being too pushy!" Masaki said and tried to pull him back from Amaya. However, Hiroto freed from his grip and remained blocking Amaya's way.

Silence took over and there was again a moment created between Amaya and Hiroto. She held her gaze as long as she could, and he noted how authentic it looked. It felt she could tell him the truth. She could confess she hailed from Sannoh and that she was Cobra's sister. Then Hiroto looked away and their eye contact was lost. She chickened and played it cool.

"I already told you! Deal with it!" she uttered and tried to pull away from him.

"Who is the mature friend, tell me?" Hiroto insisted and didn't allow her to move away "What secrets do you and the Sannoh Rengokai member have?"

"Naomi, you ert! We are in bad terms and Yamato wanted me to reach out and visit her!" she lied and launched against him as she stood up and ran inside her room.

Hiroto rubbed the back of his head feeling like a jerk and followed her knocking on her door "Oe! Idiot!" he called her a few more times. But Amaya did not answer.

Until now the Amamiya never asked her any questions. She never needed to lie to them. Today though as she was saying one lie after the other. Hiding her past and how she knew Yamato. It scared her. Maybe Yamato was right. It was time for her to deal with her past and her demons.

Upcoming Chapter: Act Thirteen」


Thank you for reading!

Feel free to Review and Follow! ^_^