The one with the Arguing Pair

High & Low ~ Another World ~ 「Amamiya Brothers」

She nodded in acknowledgment and followed his grueling pace without complaint. It was rare for Amaya and Hiroto to agree upon something. But after they woke up and found out that Masaki drugged them both and they didn't manage to be part of the fight. Anger boiled deeply in their system and they drove to Sannoh Rengokai to face him.

They both bold inside Itoken Diner in one movement heading over where Masaki was sitting. Fires of fury were smoldering in their dark narrowed eyes as they surrounded Masaki. They started talking fast at the same time and each time they opened their mouth they sounded even angrier. Their crazy act won everyone's attention and now curious they wanted to know what made the pair so angry.

"Stop!" Masaki shouted and pushed them off his personal space. "Stop talking together! I can't understand what you are saying!"

White knuckles from clenching his fist too hard, and gritted teeth from effort to remain silent, as Hiroto spoke first. "Aniki, you drug us?" he almost kicked the chair that was in front of them. "What were you thinking?"

"That I could perfectly fight Mighty Warriors without your help!" Masaki randomly answered him. He sipped his beer calmly looking at Hiroto with a smile on his face. "Did you rest enough?"

"Huh!? Are you kidding!" Hiroto glared at Masaki ready to punch him directly in the face. The only reason he was not attacking was that his damn rips were killing him. And he couldn't admit right there and then that he was hurting. "I think I can handle myself around fights!" he stated strongly.

Masaki cast a glance at Amaya and then at Hiroto. "Hiroto-kun, I know you can fight! But I don't think your body was ready to fight!" Masaki explained and tapped his shoulder.

"Oe! Are you know deciding what I can or cannot do!" Hiroto flipped and took a step closer only to be cut off by Amaya.

Amaya took a deep breath and went on "I get it! Your ert brother should not be fighting. But why on Earth would you drug me! Masaki! Answer me now!" she cried out forcing herself to remain as calm as she could.

"Ask your brother about that!" Masaki responded, "He asked me to!"

Amaya turned and gazed at Cobra "Eh? You were behind that!"

Cobra was staring at the angry pair since they stormed inside the store. He also remained calm but he knew eventually he had to explain. "Yes! One of you was ready to fight an enemy out of her leak." he serious looked at Amaya "When was the last time you fought! Five years ago .. 10? You wouldn't last one round! And the other..." he faced Hiroto "was severely injured and isn't visiting a doctor."

"What?" Hiroto suddenly interrupted them and locked his gaze with Amaya's "Did you tattle to your brother about me?"

"I didn't need too. You forget he already knew about your injury! You ert!" Amaya shouted loudly letting her anger taking hold of her.

"Idiot! It never occurred to you he would end up contacting Masaki!" he uttered under his breath.

Angry eyes were just the start, then came the strut, the slamming, and the clipped words. Amaya and Hiroto were lost in their own world once again arguing and ignoring the rest.

"Here we go again!" Masaki murmured and took a seat. "Don't bother to wait. They can keep it up for hours!"

Cobra was astonished "They do that a lot!?" he questioned at their odd act.

Masaki nodded, "Every single day, as long as they are in the same room that's what you get!"

Itokan Diner fell into silence observing the fighting pair. In the beginning, it was quite a show and everyone watched it. Yet as the minutes were passing they started getting annoyed. Until Yamato couldn't take it any longer.

"Enough!" he howled and stood up forming a kick and lightly kicking Hiroto against his right side. It brought Hiroto on his knees almost yelping as he grabbed his rips. And Amaya stood there speechless. "Amaya take him to the hospital! Now!" he dryly ordered her.

To everyone's surprise, the quarrel stopped. Amaya helped Hiroto to stand up and both obeyed. She called a taxi and helped him to go to a hospital and final check that wound. The rest looked at Yamato confused how he pulled out something like that. To make the wild pair actually listen and cooperate.

But Yamato was not done. He walked over and faced Masaki and Cobra. "REALLY! DRUGGING YOUR SIBLINGS!" he shouted "Cobra I get it that since Amaya revealed her past you think you have not protected her enough. But avoiding to speak to her or to correct her, isn't the answer. You will only spoil her. As for you Masaki. You and your brother were always in good terms. At least you could communicate. Next time try to talk to him. Geez!"

The deadly Leader of Sannoh Rengokai and the brutal elder Amamiya Brother looked at Yamato speechless. They looked like to simply older siblings who were worried about their young siblings and to protect them they messed up. "It was his idea!" mumbled Cobra. "He was the one who called me!" said Masaki.

"WHAT?" asked Yamato glaring at them both.

"We'll talk to them next time!" Cobra and Masaki admitted defeated as they sat down.


The hallway had as much personality as the rest of the hospital. The floor was slate grey and the walls dove. Above the ceiling was made from those polystyrene squares laid on a grid-like frame. The light was too bright for her eyes after the darkening gloom outside, she found it abrasive, enough perhaps to bring on one of her migraines. She was waiting outside the room for Hiroto to change into the patience rope and have the Doctors check him.

This place certainly wasn't run by risk-takers and she guessed she should find comfort in that. Above every door was a large plastic sign, dark with white lettering- no fancy fonts, just bold and all-caps. It's so new and spotless she thought like the whole building must have just gotten beamed here from some-place dirt is outlawed.

Hiroto stripped off his clothes and wore that silly green hospital rope. He was watching at the polystyrene tiled ceiling trying to remain calm. This damn rope was tied up behind his back and was revealing his back, , and any other parts behind him. There was nothing else to look at. He could hear moans from an adjacent bed and that at least made him glad for the curtains, it meant he didn't have to engage with whoever it was.

But the curtains were opened and Amaya showed up with a nurse. "Are you ready?" she asked and paused while her eyes looked him. She hid and tried not to laugh at the view and faced away. "Let's go!" he told him and followed the Nurse.

Hiroto glared at her and followed. Soon he was walking in front of her and Amaya giggled louder now as she watched his back and . "That rope! You might need to keep it!" she suggested with a smile on her face.

"Idiot! You are lucky we are inside a hospital! Wait until we get out of here!" he outlined as they reached the examine area.

The hypodermic needle grew as he watched it. The doctor had him lie down on his back. Next, he examined the inflamed muscle in his right lower part. When he pressed his fingers on that spot, the pain exploded up and Hiroto bit his lip muffing his cry. The Doctor paused and gazed at the X-rays and then decided: "I'm going to inject Novocain into that injured muscle. Nurse!"

After the examination was over and Hiroto was now resting in his bed. Amaya ended up talking with the doctor. "We will keep him for a few days. His injury is actually serious. He has two rips broken. He should be brought in sooner. How did he comprehend with all the pain?"

Amaya thanked the doctor and walked inside the room. She walked over and looked at Hiroto. "Damn ert!" he mumbled to herself as she was actually worried. She stood there staring at him and she slowly noticed that sleeping Hiroto seemed so peaceful and innocent looking. Her heart skipped a beat once more. "What's wrong with me?"

Though Hiroto wasn't asleep. He could feel Amaya's gaze upon him. "Idiot! Stop staring!" he uttered under his breath without opening his eyes. "What did the doctor say!?"

"You need to stay for a few days. Your rips are broken?" Amaya notified him. Next, she sat in the armchair next to his bed. "Neh, Hiroto! The doctor said it was painful!"

Hiroto opened his eyes and faced her. "It was! It's better now with medicine! Why were you worried?"

"Yes!" she admitted confused "I mean No! Well... Fine, I was worried! I still am!"

Hiroto cracked a smile. One of those honest smiles that lately could make her heartache and skip "It will take more than that to take me down you know!"

"It's not that! You shouldn't take it lightly. You should take care of your ert self!" she told him loudly "Promise!"

Hiroto was lost in the moment once again. Why was the idiotic roommate caring about him? Why was he even responding to her awkward talk? "I promise!" he suddenly said surprising even himself. "You should go now!"

"Uzai! Rest now! I'm staying!" Amaya noted as she watched him slowly drift asleep.

Amaya called Masaki and informed him about Hiroto. Masaki visited them and they both stayed the night over. Surprising all three days that Hiroto was hospitalized Amaya remained there. She even took a few days off work. Of course, the angry pair kept arguing without a stop.

Only now their fights were longer and stronger. Because they were trying to hide more trues inside those fights.

「Upcoming Chapter: Act Twenty Five


Thank you for reading!

Feel free to Review and Follow! ^_^