The one with Facing Cobra

High & Low ~ Another World ~ 「Amamiya Brothers」

The dark sky vanished between the milky clouds, that were dancing to the sounds of the morning breeze. The sun rays were brighter, revealing that the day had started. Amaya was running around the living room and inside her room and again out in search of her underwear. She was sure she had washed them and she needed to be dressed and ready for work.

Masaki was sitting down and drinking a cup of coffee gazing at the girl that was rushing like crazy all around. "Amaya, what are you looking for?" he asked her sipping relaxed his coffee and waiting for her to answer.

She paused against her bedroom door and faced Masaki. "Something personal, I'm sure it was in yesterday's laundry but I cannot find it," she responded and went on looking for her items.

Masaki smirked and pointed at Hiroto's room. "Some of your underwear was again mixed with Hiroto's laundry!" he told at her loudly and waited for her reaction. Lately, Masaki would nudge not only Hiroto but Amaya too. Making fun of both of them actually made the days happier.

Amaya jumped from the room inside the living room with her eyes wide open. "Wait! My underwear is in Hiroto's room?" she puzzled "Why?"

"Hiroto got bored telling you to stop adding your dirty clothes in his laundry basket. Now he simply washes them with his clothes." Masaki filled her in smirking "But today he left early and he didn't put your pile of clothes in your room."

"Unbelievable!" she cried out and rushed inside his room. She suddenly opened the door and found herself in the middle of his room. She paused astonished noting how small his room actually was. On the left was Hiroto's bed. Indeed on top lay piles of washed clothes. There she found her own underwear. Her cheeks blushed as she picked it up.

Across was located a single wooden dresser and on the right side of the room was an old armchair and a window. The room was at least 3 times smaller than the one she was staying in. She cast a last glance and stepped outside. A sudden sadness filled her soul. Amaya could not recognize the reason, why she suddenly felt deep grief.

"I found them!" she mumbled and rushed back to her room to change and go to work.

"Stop mixing up the laundry!" Masaki shouted at her as he passed through the living room. "It's disgusting!"

She nodded and closed the door behind her. Her heart was beating so fast and she was panting. She felt like she took a look in Hiroto's private place. And his room was nothing like she was imagining it. It was clean, organized and small. She has seen Masaki's room and Takeru's. Both were large bedrooms. She would imagine Hiroto having the largest one with his angry attitude. But surprising he didn't.

Hiroto's acts troubled her now. Why didn't he get angry at her as always? Why would he wash her clothes and not be bothered by that? And soon more questions were rising as she notice, he didn't react upon the kiss either. Amaya kissed him last night. But he never showed up to quarrel with her or get even with her?

"Strange?" she mumbled to herself baffled.


"I ain't sure! I would say she would date Masaki-san! He seems more friendly and funny!" Chiharu acknowledged "I'm betting she will fall for him!"

Tetsu shook his head "Noway! Hiroto-san is younger and much cooler! Girls like that! I would say Hiroto!"

"But Masaki-san is the strongest of the Amamiya Brothers!" Dan added in a louder tone "She would want to be with the strongest!"

"Fool, she will not want to fight with him but date it him. So girls don't care about the strongest when it comes to love!" Tetsu informed them.

The three friends Tetsu, Dan and Chiharu were sitting in the corner of Itokan Diner and placing bet after bet who of the Amamiya Brothers would Amaya choose to date. Since they found out that she was living with them, the trio was making ridiculous bets.

Cobra rolled his eyes as he was sitting next to the counter and he was slowly losing his patience. He was already in a bad mood since he found out that his young sister was actually sharing a flat with the Amamiya Brothers. And it didn't help that last night Hiroto and she left without giving him any explanation.

"Oi! Stop it!" Yamato yelled at them gesturing at Cobra. But they simply ignored him for now. Next, the door opened and a male figure walked inside. But everyone was drawn into the bets and didn't pay much attention.

"This is your fault!" Cobra voiced at Yamato disappointed "You knew it and didn't tell me anything!"

"I think, I will agree with Tetsu! It makes more sense for Amaya to date Hiroto-san. Don't forget he even added a pink seat on his bike!" Chiharu told them as he was still deciding if he was making the right bet.

"But he could place the extra seat for another reason!" Dan claimed, "No, I am still betting on Masaki..."

"What other reason could that be? It's clear! The pink seat was installed there for Amaya!" Chiharu insisted strongly.

Suddenly the group of three stopped talking as they noticed the man who had entered earlier leaning above Chiharu and whispering at him in a dark and low tone. "The pink seat was Masaki's bad joke. And I wasn't able to remove it yet!" he revealed and patted Chiharu's shoulder.

Yamato and Cobra after listing at the man talking they turned and faced him astonished. Hiroto strolled towards them in a fast and steady pace. After all today he reached Sannoh Region to talk with Cobra. He gestured a greeting and sat next to Cobra.

"It's been a while," Yamato said bobbing his head "What did you come to do here?" Yamato made it clear last night that Hiroto should keep away from Cobra until he would calm down. Yet the youngest of Amamiya Brothers neglected his words. He should await such rational and fearless behavior from the Amamiya.

He ignored Yamato and didn't respond to him at all. "Grab a soda!" he asked Naomi gesturing at her to bring him something to drink. He knew he would need it. It didn't matter how strong he was he had still to deal with Cobra and that already seemed like a difficult task.

"Amamiya why are you here?" Cobra arced his body and faced Hiroto. His hands tightened into fists, and the only reason he was not attacking Hiroto yet was because he was giving him a chance to explain.

Hiroto's stare secure landed on Cobra and he didn't even twist. "Imoto-san (Your younger sister) lives with us." Hiroto spat without overthinking it. He never told Cobra all the details. That actually Masaki agreed with that and finally his idiotic sister accepted. This was a serious talk and Hiroto knew what he needed to say. "She rents Takeru room." he added resting his arm against the counter "What I want to say is, we would never harm a girl. You should know she is safe with us!"

That his sister would be more than safe living with the Amamiya, Corba already could foretell that. Who would cross paths with the Amamiya Brothers and win? "I'm not worried about that!" he uttered loudly pinning his gaze against him. "Hiroto" he addressed him more personal leaning closer threating enough "My sister is off-limits. Did I make myself clear!?"

Hiroto tilted his head for a second as he remembered how many times Amaya and even he broke that limit. Yet he understood Cobra. "I'm giving you my word. I would never hurt her!" Hiroto answered. His reply dumbfounded him.

"Don't you dare touch her!" Cobra voiced up as he could read through Hiroto's reply.

Hiroto nodded and stood up to take his leave. Today he reached Sanooh Rengokai to face Cobra and ensure him not to worry. And he could be many things. But he would keep his word. Because he off the people could understand what it meant to worry about a sibling.

Yamato gazed at him as he was walking outside and shutting the door behind him. He crossed his arms observing the youngest of the Amamiya Brothers. Honestly, he never thought that he would actually show up and clear things up. He always thought Hiroto was a troublemaker and would not give a damn to explain his actions. He was wrong.

"Isn't he scared of Masaki-san? He could be a thread to Amaya also?" Dan suddenly asked. Since everyone had listened to their private talk it was confusing them.

Chiharu opened his mouth to talk and paused thinking about what he had to say once more. "Then the answer lies in the pink seat after all!"

Tetsu glared at him "Fool! Shash! Now is not the time!" he said and grabbed Chiharu and Dan and walked outside with them.

"You have noticed it too!" Yamato suddenly told him while tapping his back.

Cobra turned and looked at him seriously and nodded "Last night! I did!"

True be told, it was easy to read Hiroto. He was a deadly fighter, speed and force were his abilities in boxing. He was always a troublemaker. He had a ruthless and cool personality. Though under the coldness, he hid more than the eye could see. Of all the three Amamiya Brothers, Hiroto was the most thoughtful. Yet, even if he hid his soft side. His actions would speak loudly about what kind of a person he really was.

Today he needed to face Cobra and explain to him that he could trust them. His sister was not in any danger. She was safe with them. As a brother, he could understand how worried Cobra would be. Indeed the idiotic roommate was annoying him and he might one day end up killing her.

His thoughts were cut off as Tetsu, Dan, and Chiharu by-passed him. They were looking at the pink seat and gossiping. Hiroto rolled his eyes and the engine. A few seconds later he was ready to leave when Tetsu suddenly returned running back. He tilted his head and watched him opening the diner's door and yelling.

"Sannoh is being attacked by the Mighty Warriors!"

Upcoming Chapter: Act Nineteen」


Thank you for reading!

Feel free to Review and Follow! ^_^