The one with the Nameless City

High & Low ~ Another World ~ 「Amamiya Brothers」

The rhythmic pounding punctures the stillness of the morning air, as Amaya was spacing out the office window. The ringing was growing in her ears until it brought her back to reality. She answered the office phone. The call came from the front desk, announcing that she had a visitor. Amaya granted permission.

The office was painted grey, and it had only one floor-to-ceiling window, which faced the main road. On the grey desk sat a desktop computer, a notebook lying open, and a stack of papers sitting under a turtle-shaped paperweight. Her office door opened and closed.

The atmosphere of tension had become so severe and asive that one could barely see more than a few feet in any direction. Yet she spotted Ryu standing ahead of her. She took a seat and gesture him to do the same. "The time I last saw you, just one day in a lifetime. I believed I wouldn't see you again. What are you seeking Ryu?" Amaya puzzled curious.

He wasn't ready to answer her yet. His eyes wandered around the room taking in every detail. "Last time I just wanted to warn you! Today my reason is more personal!" he responded as he leaned his back against the armchair.

"More personal you say!?" she quizzed turning all her attention towards Ryu. "Enlight me then?"

"I told you Chinese and Korean Mafia are dangerously aiming to take over our business. They don't only aim to take down SWORD but Kuryu is also in their plans." Ryu revealed while sitting a bit cozier against the chair.

Amaya arched a sly brow and straightened her body structure "Kuryu was always in their interest. Wasn't Geonchugga owned by all three?" she stated in a steady tone "Money rules the world, Ryu! And you know it!"

"Geonchugga's brand in Tokyo is bankrupt! I don't care about Geonchugga. But Kuryu cannot fall in their hands. I will..." Ryu started filling her in about his plans and why he visited her.

"Wait!" Amaya suddenly interrupted him and stood up "Are you serious? You think I care about Kuryu? After all their deeds ... After what we went through... What I went through! Get out, Ryu! I would say I am sorry about your hardships. But I am not! Please never show around my office ever again. Especially to talk to me about Kuryu problems."

Ryu watched her standing up and heading towards the office door. She opened the door and waited for him to leave. He stood up and followed her pausing in front of the door. "My visit here had nothing to do with our problems. I am here to tell you that I will make Kuryu stand strong once more. And you should be part of it. Join our family, Amaya!" he offered.

Amaya slammed her eyes shut and breathed deeply. A second later she opened her eyes and looked at Ryu "Get out now! I would better die than see myself part of Kuryu ever again!" she shouted by gritting her teeth.

Ryu sighed. He was expecting that reaction. It was Kuze Rikako's idea to lure Amaya in being part of Kuryu. It would benefit her plan. Ryu outlined her that Amaya would never agree upon this. But she insisted to make it clear to her. Without knowing his mother's plans, Ryu followed.

He leaned closer towards Amaya and whispered against her ear "The invite is open. After the Korean and Chinese are done with SWORD and nothing will be standing. Around that time when you will need a place to hide and to protect what's close to you. Come and find me!"

Ryu stepped back and departed leaving a speechless Amaya behind. He noticed that Amaya was not the same girl as she used to be. She was not worried about herself. She was not trying to save herself and forget about what had happened. Maybe she had not noticed that. But she sounded like any random member of SWORD.

And he was right. Amaya took slow steps and she hadn't noticed. She cared about SWORD and Sannoh. The place she was vowing she would never cross again. She was protecting it. She would never join Kuryu and betray family and friends. But the last words that Ryu told her worried and confused her.


While Hoodlum Squad and Oya High were ambushed by the Mighty Warriors and the Chinese Triad, inside Mugen's old hideout the group of four was gathered. Saigo was once more bringing more details about the Casino project and Geonchugga. Kohaku, Tsukumo, and Masaki joined in.

"I'll tell you what you want to know," Saigo told them as showed up and walked over "You guys were right! The Casino Project was never canceled. Geonchugga resurrected the project. Urban and Street planning signed all licenses." he reported.

"They can legally build the Casino you mean?" Masaki quizzed in shock "What is the meaning of this Saigo! Didn't you shot down the Casino Project and all Kuryu activity?"

Saigo sighed and nodded. He turned around and faced all three of them "The severity of the situation affects us all. But legally they have all the rightful documents to start the project today. The main reason they haven't started yet is land ownership. SWORD regions, that they don't possess."

Kohaku closed his lighter and did not light up his cigarette. "Saigo." he said and stepped closer to him "What do you mean by that?"

"As long as they don't control any of the areas. It's impossible to build the Casino." he told them and waited for their reaction.

"Where is the problem then. No one from SWORD would agree to this." Tsukumo puzzled trying to understand what Saigo was trying to tell them.

He reached his pocket and pulled a couple of pictures. One was the picture of the Korean Mafia's Leader Li and the other the Chinese Triad Cherry Chang. He handled them to Kohaku. "You know Li. One of the current CEOs of Geonchugga and Cherry Chang the second CEO. Here starts your problem."

"You are saying then Chanson, the Korean Mafia, is involved in this?" Kohaku quizzed as he grabbed the picture and recalled Li.

"Exactly! The Chanson are behind the Geonchugga. The own 1/3 of the company, that is now split. The company headquarters belong to the Chinese Mafia the Triad. They own the other third. Now you know what you will be dealing with." Saigo disclosed.

"What will you do!? Why did you come to us?" Masaki faced him "You have two large illegal cooperation enter the country and doing business. Isn't the police job to interfere?"

"It's too hard for us." Saigo said and took a seat "We know who they are. But until now they didn't do anything illegal. And if they do. We cannot connect Geonchugga with the Mafia or any Yakuza clan. They have taken all legal measures."

"Then what do you need us to do?" Kohaku baffled as he was still gazing at the picture of Li.

"Right now you cannot do anything. I am here to warn you! Be careful they are after SWORD. Only this time your enemy isn't Kuryu. They are deadlier. And there is one more thing. About Nameless city." Saigo added gaining the attention of all three.

"What about the Nameless city?" Tsukumo asked.

"Legally the lease and deeds of the Nameless city are owned by Geonchugga." Saigo revealed.

Kohaku's eyes opened widely "Rude Boys?"

"SWORD might be terrorized but anyone inside the Nameless city is already in danger," Saigo explained. He was cut off when his phone rang. After the call was over he gazed at the group of three serious. "Geonchugga made already the first move. They are seizing Nameless city. Restricting the area and throwing everyone out."


She wheezed as her burning lungs gasp for air. Her legs felt numb and unsteady, painfully sore. felt dry, so uncomfortably dry. Clothes long blonde-brown hair clings to her form, no different than if she ran through a rain-storm. Unable to go on, she stopped running gasping for air. No citizens, not anywhere in the begin of the Nameless City. After Kuryu had blown up that part of the city none lived there.

Right now the remaining buildings were no more than an ugly skeleton on steel girders and prefabricated concrete slabs. Though something was different now. There were bulldozers, cement mixers, and towering above them all, a huge, canary yellow crane. Workers, Police, and Journalists seizing up the entrance of the Nameless City. A sign read: UNDER CONSTRUCTION AREA. And below it: DON'T ENTER.

The view reminded her when Kuryu sized the area to demolish it. She was confused. What was happening? And why was the police with them? She started running again aiming to reach Takeshi, P and the rest to inform them. She was running as quickly as her legs could carry her. She bolted down the alley until she pumped into Takeshi speechless and panting.

Takeshi grabbed her worried and steady her "Lala what is wrong?" he asked her.

Lala balanced herself and pointed him towards the southern parts of the Nameless City. "Bulldozers... Workers... Police..." she mumbled fast still panting "They are closing up the city again. There are signs all over the place saying under construction."

Takeshi's eyes widen up and he called P and the rest. "Lala stay here and gather everyone." he requested. Next, he gestured P to follow him. They both climbed and run through the nameless streets aiming to reach the south and witness what was going on.

Indeed as Lala said, they came to cross the unbelievable side. Fences were already installed to secure the area. Journalists were asking questions if the Casino would be built. Workers and Police floated the area.

Suddenly three black Mercedes drove inside the area causing everyone to step back. From the two first cars appeared men dressed in black. They surrounded the third car and opened the door. Soon out came two men, and aid for a woman to climb out of the car. They were both her lawyers. The one on her left was Young and held her organizer to keep notes and the next one on the right opened an umbrella to protect her from the dust. His name was Zhang.

The woman took a few steps forward scanning the area around her. She paused and gazed at her black heels that were now dirty from the muddy ground. "Note to buy a new pair!" she told Young and kept walking and earning all the attention of everyone.

She was a beautiful woman, but only on the outside. She was highly practiced at seduction. With her Asian looks and high cheekbones, it was all too simple. Nothing so pretty could possibly harm you, right? Mostly she just let them feel in charge, guiding the conversation with unnoticed prompts. Her hair was straight black, eyes dark, figure a perfect hourglass.

She was wearing a black suit costume and her high heels. It was clear she was part of the business world. But who was she? She paused a few steps away from Takeshi, P, and Yu. She took off her sunglasses and let her eyes rest against them. "Who is in charge here?" she uttered loudly and firmly.

Takeshi took a step forward. He was supposed to be now leading the nameless city. Yet he still didn't want that role. It was supposed to be Smoky. And even with him gone. Takeshi never claimed full leadership. He and P were leading the rude boys and the rest as Smoky asked him. But only to aid them, nothing more. "The Leader isn't here. But we are representing him. What is the meaning of all this?" Takeshi questioned glaring at her.

"That would do then!" she responded and placed her hand in front of her nose. "The smell here is disturbing. Anyway as you have noticed, we are seizing the area so the construction can start. You have a week to evacuate this place... how are you called it... well yes the Nameless City." she stated. Her words were dry and strong. She didn't show any fear or remorse.

P dushed forward only to be stopped by her two Lawyers. "Who are you to give such orders. This is our town!" he shouted at her. Takeshi and Yu followed.

She gestured the Lawyers to allow him access. "Your town?" she chuckled "This city belongs long ago to Geonchugga. I am the CEO Cherry Chang. We are here to claim our property!"

P glared at the woman and was ready to unleash against her. "This is your doing? You decide one day without any warning to show up and take over..." he shouted at her ready to grab her collar.

Takeshi stepped in and pulled P back gesturing him to stop. "What do you mean?" Takeshi asked her serious.

Cherry walked towards Takeshi and gazed at P. "It's been months now we are posting notification after notification outside. You should already be gone by now!" he answered him and then turned to face Takeshi. "I mean that we own this land by law. We have all the legal papers assigning property. And we are going to build the Casino." she announced.

Takeshi clenched his fists and stepped closer against her personal space. P followed. "Are you freaking kidding us?" he yelled at her "This was always our town!"

"Your town?" she mocked him without stepping back "Because a punch of homeless people calling this place in their imaginative world theirs. It doesn't mean it applies in the real world. You have a week and you better start packing!"

Takeshi cast a glance at her. He recalled what Cobra told them about the company that was building the Casino. He had already noticed that she was not an ordinary woman. But what she was telling them now it was correct. They never really owned the Nameless City. It never occurred to him that their city could be owned by someone else.

"This isn't legal. You cannot simply make us leave!" he voiced at her and pointed at the Journalists and the police "They are watching!"

Cherry smiled and loudly responded, "We are here only to notify you to leave." Next, she stepped close to P and leaned over him cracking an evil smile. "Though, You never know ..." she whispered. The discussion was cut off when Lala showed up and called out Takeshi and the rest.

"Triads! Takeshi we are being chased out!"

Upcoming Chapter: Act Twenty One


Thank you for reading!

Feel free to Review and Follow! ^_^