The one with the Ten Days:: Part B

High & Low ~ Another World ~ 「Amamiya Brothers」

Author's Note:

One more chapter dedicated to the pair. Before things get dark and ugly, let's have Hiroto and Amaya make some memories.

Disclaimers: All right reserved of the originals "High & Low" Characters, Names, Places, etc to Sigeaki Kubo/ EXILE HIRO/ LDH World/ HI-AX/ enish.


Third Day - Yanaka (Old Town of Tokyo)

The next day found the pair in Tokyo's most traditional district. It was one of the places that was spared and not bombed during WWII. The old architecture always was alluring to Amaya. Even Hiroto found Yanaka unique. 'A town forgotten in time.' he called Yanaka and earned Amaya's awe.

They walked through the narrow winding streets lined with new indie cafes and senbei shops passed down through generations, Yanaka in Tokyo was the perfect place to while away an afternoon. Just a short walk from Ueno Park, that the pair visited next. Even if it was autumn and the Sakura wasn't blossom, the Park was mesmerizing.

Their day ended back in their flat, spending time with Masaki. They had dinner and watched a movie. A typical night that was not often happening in the Amamiya Household. Surprising Amaya and Hiroto didn't fight that night and Masaki didn't mock Hiroto. It was a day worth remembering.


Fourth Day - Harajuku

Hiroto thought dating Amaya couldn't get worse. Until they visit the Harajuku region. It was like they had landed in a different world. 'Were they still in Tokyo?' Harajuku was known as a fashion town where people wear outstanding clothing in bright as well as pastel colors or dark gothic lolita outfits. It was also famous as the birthplace of the 'kawaii' culture.

Amaya knew exactly what they would face in Harajuku. That was the reason she wore a pink dress, wore her hair in ponytails and everything her outfit was pink and happy. Hiroto's first reaction was rejecting to walk next to her. "I don't know you!" he stated, "Bring back Amaya, and take away Kawaii chan!"

She smiled and blinked sending him kisses "Oh! Come now! We are going to Harajuku. Pink is a must!" she giggled.

"Oe! Are you implying I should wear pink!?" Hiroto flipped ready to kill.

"No!" she said with a smile "Pink isn't only the only color that's a must. Black is too. Goth lolita's are still catchy!"

"Eh!?" Hiroto rose an eyebrow "Idiot! Are you now calling me a Lolita!"

"Well are not as cute as a Lolita. But surely!" she and showed her tongue and started running.

"You are dead!" he shouted and started running after her. It took him only a few moments to catch her and wrap his arms around her "Now I will prove to you, that I ain't!" he added and suddenly pressed his lips against her. Kissing her deeply.

"ert!" she noted before she kissed him back.

Teasing each other they reached Takea Street. The street was the representative shopping street in Harajuku. It had rows of affordably-priced shops selling fashion items, accessories and general goods. They bought crepes and eat it while walking down Takea Street. After they decided to take a break and sit at The Kawaii Monster Cafe. Stepping into Kawaii Monster Cafe meant entering a vivid and crazy new world. Hiroto was not sure what they ate, everything was pink and blue. At least it tasted great.

Their next stop was the Moshi Moshi Box Harajuku. It couldn't be more pink. And Amaya took more than 50 pictures all around the pink Box. Hiroto simply couldn't understand what they were doing there. He decided he hated pink and selfies. Next was A Shopping Complex Symbolizing Harajuku called Laforet. Amaya could not have enough of the cosmetic shop. Hiroto ended up picking her up and drag her out of it.

Then there was more shopping around Omotesando Hills as they Explore The Latest Trends. The menswear won Hiroto's attention and now was Amaya the one rolling her eyes at his reaction. She would tug him out of there. But since their time together was limit, she simply followed him around like an idiot.

In Kiddy Land, they got a couple chain lock with Kiddy drawn on it. They promised to lock it in the red Yoneyama Ohashi Bridge located Mount Yoneyama in Niigata Prefecture. Their day ended after they visited two museums Ota Memorial Museum of Art and Nezu Museum. Nezu Museum was an Encounter Art and a Japanese Garden won both of their attention. Japanese artwork combined with Western earned their respect.


Fifth Day - Sengaku-Ji

Five days. After five days she would no longer see, touch or argue with the ert who stormed into his life and made it more colorful. And each of those five days Hiroto was only earning more and more of her attention. Because until now she had only seen one side of the youngest of the Amamiya brothers. Now she was slowly finding more personal details about him. Damn, she ended up liking him more. Even his flaws started seen an important part of him.

Today she decided they should visit Sengaku-Ji. This Buddhist temple, that was home to the graves of the Japanese national legends, the 47 Ronin. The tale of the 47 Ronin as they are still known in Japan, is one of the most iconic tales in the country's history, and their bodies were buried in tightly packed rows at the Sengaku-Ji temple. The tale of Asano Naganori, a feudal lord in 18th century Japan, who was forced to commit seppuku (ritual suicide) after he attacked Kira Yoshinaka, a high-ranking master of ceremonies. Naganori's death left the samurai under his auspice without a master, and 47 of them felt honor-bound to take revenge.

The 47 warriors disappeared into lives of drunkenness and vice for over a year, although according to the legend, this was all part of the plan. In December of 1703, the 47 Ronin pulled themselves out of their seeming stupor and launched a surprise attack on Yoshinaka's castle. They successfully killed Yoshinaka, avenging their master. However true to their code they then turned themselves in to the authorities, who then asked each of them to commit seppuku. The 47 Ronin took their own lives, upholding the sacred Bushido code.

That was known as the Chushingura or the Ako Incident. The story always bewildered Amaya and the Sengoku-Ji temple was a holy place for her. What she didn't know was that Hiroto was also driven by the Bushido code. And even himself new the story and the legend fully and correct this time.


Sixth Day - Akihabara

Enough was enough. Hiroto was following Amaya five days around places he would never go. He admitted 30 percent of the places they visit he found them interesting and breathtaking. The rest were annoying and made him have nightmares. It was the sixth Day when Hiroto rebelled. "No more! Today I will decide the place." he announced and dragged Amaya in Akihabara.

Akihabara was known as the place to buy electronic goods of all kinds: radios, television sets, household appliances, many of them sold illegally. Tokyoites knew to head to "Akihabara Electric Town" for all the latest contraptions on the market. Yet Akihaba slowly changed and started showing more (ert) part. Since Amaya was always calling him a ert, today he would enough and show her the ert part of Tokyo.

At first, they visited the Yodobashi Camera department store. One of the best electric stores in Japan to buy the latest electronic products. Amaya felt saved as they didn't cross anything odd. The next stop was the Maid Cafe, Amaya drunk her coffee and burned as the cute Maids surrounded Hiroto calling him goshujin-sama (Master). She denied that she was jealous, yet she couldn't stop glaring at the maids.

She knew and she knew it well, in four days she wouldn't be able even to call his name. But today she just couldn't let any of those stupid maids have him. She ignored her pride and grabbed Hiroto guiding him out of the Maid Cafe. "Goshujin-sama! Huh!" she punched his arms a couple of times. "ert!"

Hiroto hid his smile as he was more than please noticing that Amaya could get jealous after all. He acted cool, but deeply he was enjoying every minute of her jealous cute act. He still couldn't understand why Amaya needed those 10 days of dates. He sensed something was wrong. Although they were having fun and shared happy memories. There were a few times he caught Amaya being filled with strange grief in her expression. It scared him.

The next stopped was Mandarake, the largest manga and anime store in the world. They spent hours there remembering their childhood. Before Hiroto lost his parents and Amaya her way. When they were young and had no worries. They used to watch anime and read manga. Mandarake was the perfect place to recall those childhood moments.

Dressing up as an anime character and driving through the otaku district just like the famous computer game was something both would never do again. Go-Kart was a cool idea. Being dressed like an anime character none of them knew, was not. They made a pact never to talk about that to anyone. Afterwards they had a long walk along the Manseibashi Bridge. They didn't talk only held hands and walked side by side.

Sushi Zanmai was the next stop. A Sushi bar that has one of the tastiest sushi in Akihabara. It was a long day and ending it with a good meal sounded like the perfect thing to do. After 7pm most of the shops around Akihabara were closing. Thankfully Sushi Zanmai was open 24/7. Club Mogra Akihabara came next. This club played Japanese pop, anime and game music to keep the visitors alive all through the night. DJs also played remixed versions of Japanese music. It was not a club that Hiroto neither Amaya would normally visit. But since the day was already funky they played along.

After a few drinks and dance, the pair came cross the dark side of Akihabara. The small stop they made in a shop slowly started to show the grey area of Akihabara. Hiroto was only trying to toy with Amaya when he tugged her inside the first shop. Amaya trying to act cool followed. But after two minutes inside and noticing what was going on both dashed out agreeing it was too much.

Finally, the only place they wanted to be was at home. It was a really long day and both were weary. They only wish they had was a warm bath and a good night's sleep without any pink nightmares.


Seventh Day - Tokyo Tower and Tokyo SkyTree

The most famous high buildings in Tokyo Tokyo Skytree and Tokyo Tower were on today's list. Both are great places for a bird's eye view of Tokyo city. And the pair agreed it was worth to spent one day visiting both of the Towers.

Built-in 1958 after World War II, Tokyo Tower has been a famous landmark of the Tokyo skyline for decades. It was also a symbol of optimism during post-war Japan following the economic boom. Reminiscent of Paris' Eiffel Tower, the Tokyo Tower is repainted for one whole year every 5 years. Recently completed in 2012, the Tokyo SkyTree is the world's tallest tower! It's also the world's second-tallest structure after Dubai's Burj Khalifa. Located in the middle of a modern commercial center, Tokyo Skytree's primary function is that of a television and radio broadcast site for the Kanto region.

Both of the towers offered a wider and closer view along Tokyo. Suddenly SWORD region felt so small in compare to Tokyo. But their lives were inside SWORD. It didn't matter how far they would travel. SWORD was the place both haled from. The place they wanted to live and grow old. Yet, that reality changed for Amaya as she was supposed to be part of Kuryu in three days.

Now reality was slowly kicking in. In the remaining three days Amaya would spend slowly announce her plans. Until now she avoided talking to Cobra. Tomorrow she informed Cobra that she would visit him so they could have a talk. Cobra thought it would be about Hiroto. But he could never expect what his little sister would announce. As for Hiroto, she decided on the last day she would break up with him.

Suddenly, her heart was no longer beating in waves of happiness. The darkness she had chosen started showing and it was drawing her in it. The problem was she wouldn't be the only one dragged inside that darkness...

Upcoming Chapter: Act Thirty-Three 


Thank you for reading!

Feel free to Review and Follow! ^_^