The one with Cherry Chang

High & Low ~ Another World ~ 「Amamiya Brothers」

Author's Note:

The part of the meeting... Attacking the Triads... Amaya's decision... Everything will unfold in the next chapters. Now let's take a small look at the leader of the enemy! Shall we!

Disclaimers: All right reserved of the originals "High & Low" Characters, Names, Places, etc to Sigeaki Kubo/ EXILE HIRO/ LDH World/ HI-AX/ enish.


Cherry Chang, the one and only legal child of Chang. The current CEO of the central of Geonchugga Company and the second head of the Triads. Cherry was thought of as nobility and was part of Hong Kong's High Society. She was a lover of art, well educated and a very beautiful woman. In her age, she had already accomplished great tasks.

Cherry had white fair skin, shiny and soft. Her hair was long and straight. The color was onyx black. She was quite tall around 5.5'. Her eyes were a bottomless pool of darkness; black filled with fierceness and pride. Her appearance impressing. It was said there was not another as beautiful as her in Hong Kong.

Starting to get a feel for who she really was at her core. These days of more calmness, now that she had mastered the art of having a clear brain, the serenity of feeling her own intelligence rather than tiring herself with unresolved thoughts, she could see far more clearly. Since the day a leading spot was offered to her, her actions were accurate and brought results.

The Head of the Triads and her father Chang was proud of her. He knew that his daughter earned every titled she owned with hard work, dedication, and pride. She was devoid of emotion and ruthless Chang, who knew exactly how to use the power and money to benefit the company and the association. She had a higher level of professionalism, unlike his illegal son Li.

And again she proved it. She managed to surround SWORD legally and attack them under the table. Li once more couldn't bring down SWORD or threat them in any possible way. He only managed to give SWORD and Kuryu enough evidence to blackmail the Triads. That was the reason why Cherry ended up visiting today the headquarters of Kuryu to meet with their new leader.

Today was set that half of the nameless city would be demolished. Bombs were placed and everything was going based on the plan. Until her lawyers showed her an email that was sent by Kuryu. It was a blackmailing email written on point and presenting a few of the proofs. She accepted to meet with Ryu as the email suggested. Yet, even in that threatening situation, Cherry was calm and in control. In her short years, she had already stubbled upon bigger problems than this.

Determination drove her on. After they arrived at Kuryu Group, it took her several minutes to get out of the car and announce herself. With her as always were her two lawyers. Young and Zhang were two of her most trusted people. Finally, she was guided inside Ryu's office.

He had just returned from seeing Amaya. And he had scheduled to meet with Cherry the same day. He needed to move fast. Ryu was standing next to his desk facing the view in front of him. Out of the wooden window, the Japanese garden and technical water streams echoed inside the room. He was wearing his loosen black attire and listened at the steady walk of Cherry approaching his desk.

The woman took a few steps forward scanning the area around her. She noted already the folder on Ryu's desk. The way he was posed. It was clear he had data that could bring Geonchugga or the Triads down. Li was the only one who could give him such records. Since Kuryu was trying to stand again on their feet, contacting her seemed avoidable.

Ryu turned and faced her. "You can leave us now!" he ordered the old servant who guided her and her lawyers inside. "The meeting was private. However, if you need your helpers with you. It is fine with me!" he spoke while sitting down. "Please take a seat. This could take some time!"

"Those are my Lawyers Mr. Young and Mr. Zhang." he corrected him as she also sat down. Her confident aura was slowly winning over the room that was filled with superiority and dominance. "Mr. Kuze," she said with a calm and steady tone "Let us hear why we were invited here today! What did Mr. Li delivered that gave you such power to call us?"

Ryu was taken by surprise. Indeed he was informed that Cherry Chang was a brutal force that could not easily be touched. She was not a weakling like her half brother or a furious uneducated leader as her father. She balanced power and knowledge and he could already see it. He smirked at her words "If we weren't here to discuss business I would be flattered already." was his first response. He grabbed the file that was sitting in front of him and softly threw it towards her. "First take a look at the copies your brother gave us. Then we shall talk!"

She bypassed Ryu's comment. Being a woman in a man's world, Cherry had encountered many similar situations. But she learned to ignore them. No one could easily get under her skin. And if someone would, now she was strong enough and simply kill him. Young leaned and grabbed the folder, only to be stopped by her. Cherry gestured him that she would be the one looking into the file. It took her ten long minutes to read the details inside the file. And when she was done she knew Kuryu would win this round. She gave the folder to Young and asked both of the lawyers to leave her alone with Ryu. Act that showed how bad the situation was.

"What do you want!" Cherry uttered loud and clean now as she uncrossed her legs and gazed at Ryu.

Ryu felt at easy now, he noted her change of character. It meant the data that Li offered could damage the company and the Triads. "First of all, Geonchugga. The branch here in Tokyo, Kuryu should have full ownership. That means you will announce that the company is split." he said and waited for her response.

Dark and Evil was now her gaze, ready to kill with only one look. She cursed Li, that damn half brother of her. Her fists gathered and she nodded. After reading the file she already knew that Ryu would ask her to take ownership of the part of Geonchugga that Kuryu already owned. "It will be done by Tomorrow. What else?" she asked next. By tomorrow if the company was split, she would lose any permission to build the casino. As a foreign company now, they would face other laws. Yet, that was not the only problem she was facing.

"You will back off of the Casino Project. I already own the deets as you have seen. Your brother was very generous. That means backing off SWORD territory as well. That is all for now!" Ryu smiled and stood up strolling close to her "A free suggestion: The business world and the Yakuza world isn't a place for a woman." he leaned closed and whispered against her ear trying to belittling her.

She nodded again as she kept her bossy and deadly gaze upon him. "Half-brother!" she corrected him again. "Kuryu seems very interested in SWORD, even with their strong history!" she yakked in a confident state. She could easily attack him here and then for trying to make her feel so little. Cherry though was always in full control. "Your suggestion is hailing from a clan that was always and is still controlled by a woman. Even in the backstages. Give my greetings to Rikako!" she added winning Ryu's attention as she stood up and left the office.

Today Cherry Chang lost the Japanese brunch of Geonchugga and the Casino Project. Yet she was leaving with the same powerful aura she had shown up. Even if their business would suffer a major blow and the leader was threatened. She didn't reveal a slight moment of weakness. She reminded him of his mother. But Cherry seemed somehow more powerful. She was not hiding behind her father or any other man to lead. She was in the front line showing herself. His mother was right when she stated: "Chang should be ashamed of his half-son but proud of his daughter!"

Cherry was bewildered, in one day she lost full ownership of the Japanese branch and had to back off of the Casino project. Her father would not like the outcome, but she already knew he would have given the same answer. They could not let just a project expose their name. Today indeed they lost. The Casino Project was again in Kuryu's hands.

What Cherry didn't know yet, as long her meeting with Ryu was going down, SWORD attacked their hideout. Li offered that information freely when he was asked by Saigo. The SWORD meeting had ended and they had decided to deal with the Triads. Even if it meant to die trying. The irony was that the Triads no longer had the power the harm SWORD or to build the casino. Cherry had already given the order before she was informed that SWORD was attacking.

"Drive back now!" she ordered after she read a message that was texted by one of her men. 'SWORD attacking the Triads.' she was baffled. Indeed she had heard their stories. SWORD was in a strange way united. They would answer back and aid each other if needed. But deciding to place an attack against the Triads was a suicide mission. "Drive faster!" she ordered again now worried.

They reached the area that Triads had bought across the rainbow bridge to do their business. The metallic rusted gate had split in two as Oya's High truck crushed against it. Few of the triads and Oya's members were lying against the ground and few were still fighting. She jumped out of the car freezing at the view. The fight continued deeper inside, she could hear and see in more details as she stepped closer.

Daruma and White Rascals seemed to keep the fight alive in the center. As Sannoh and Rude Boys had already stormed inside the hideout. The Amamiya Brothers, Kohaku, and Tsukumo were backing them up. SWORD was answering back. How long would they allow the Triads to threaten them? Cobra voiced it clearly "This is our answer!"

Cherry lost for a moment her coolness. She punched against the first wall she found. First Kuryu and now SWORD. "Drawing day!" she cursed and aimed to reach the main part of the fight. She was the boss and she would not let anyone touch her clan. But Cherry and SWORD didn't know was that Kuryu had complicated things.

Suddenly her mobile rang and Ryu was on the other line. She picked up astonished as Ryu outlined "Stop the fight with SWORD now! No one should be harmed!" The call ended living behind a very troubled Cherry. Because there was one more string that Ryu was leading and only Amaya and he knew it. And he had full permission from Amaya now, as today she accepted.

SWORD in danger... Cobra, Hiroto and the rest dying... Were enough reasons for Amaya to say 'Yes' to the offer.

Upcoming Chapter: Act Thirty


Thank you for reading!

Feel free to Review and Follow! ^_^