The one with the Cobra's Wrath

High & Low ~ Another World ~ 「Amamiya Brothers」

The blue sky vanished between the landscape, the road was narrowing in the sound of the speed. The sun rays were less bright, revealing that the day had grown old. After their overwhelmed 'encounter', Amaya and Hiroto were finally riding back. Their declaration of Love hours earlier, it seeped into their blood and paralyzed their brain. Silence rose against their skin like poison. But each had fallen inside their own silence.

Amaya's face was one of awkwardness, not even hurrying to save her feelings, to fill the void with a non-statement of appreciation. The void was cruelty she inflicted unintentionally but had she been aware she would not have cared one iota. Not because she was indifferent or fell out of love. That was not the case. She was in love, deeply and madly in love with that 'annoying ert'. Yet, reality kept reminding her that such a union would still be difficult. To place in an even state as to claim, part of her was the bloodline of Cobra; she hailed from Sannoh. She picked her eyes off the road with the weariness of one who was fatigued with the seriousness. Her mind wheeled on thinking she had to inform Cobra about the situation.

The silence caressed Hiroto's skin like a cool spring breeze, smoothing his soul, taking away his jagged edges. It had been one hell of a rough day. And it would not get any better. Loving the 'Idiotic Roommate' was the easy part, finding a way to be together was the hard one. The Amamiya had to talk with Cobra as soon as possible. It was the hardest task, he ever overtook. He shivered only at the idea, to tell the Leader of Sannoh Rengokai the truth. Hiroto knew were his heart lie. He was not scared, to confess his deepest thoughts. What was troubling him, was them being together! Cobra would never allow his sister to take off with an Amamiya on an unknowing adventure. And Hiroto, could not promise anything for now. It was only two days they agreed to make this bond official. Yet they had a lot to figure out.

He had reached the entrance of the Aseia Architects. He parked his bike and waited for Amaya to unmount. She had to show up at work to finalize a few deadlines. Lately, she spent long hours at work but her mind was thinking of someone else. That made her work slower.

"Hiroto!" Amaya suddenly turned and faced him "I know you are worried about Cobra. But we should face him together."

"We will!" he response come flat and fast. "Yet, we have first to discover where we stand!"

"I'm happy Hiroto that I united with my family again! But Cobra's opinion, will not affect mine." she blurred out.

"Oe! Don't worry about Cobra!" Hiroto uttered at her as he leaped off his bike and walked over wrapping his arms around her "It's us! We have to worry!"

"Listen! Cobra will always worry me. It is not only your problem to deal with. It's mine too!" she voiced up casting a glance at him.

Hiroto nodded and leaned over kissing her one more time before he drove away. Indeed he had promised her that they would face Cobra together. But first, he had to come clean. If Amamiya gave their word, they would always keep it. And he had promised Cobra that he would stay away from his sister. Because he understood him. Yet, he could not control his stupid heart. He knew he walked in thin ice.

The silence of the waiting made his blood as cold as the autumnal air. Bereft of any wind there was no whispering noise or rustling. He could feel the uneasiness on the air, as he finally stood outside Itokan Diner. He stepped forward and opened the entrance door. He caught the attention of everyone as he stormed inside and walked towards Cobra, who was sitting in his usual corner on the red leather couch.

"Amamiya!?" he questioned puzzled as he leaned forward.

"We need to talk!" Hiroto uttered under his breath staring at him.

"About?" Cobra asked narrowing his eyes. If one of the Amamiya Brothers was there to talk it meant that something serious was going on.

Hiroto pulled the metallic chair and took a seat. He looked around only Yamato, Naomi, Dan, Chiharu, and Tetsu were there. "I summoned your sister and we had a long talk. I here to clarify a few things before you find out."

"Oi! You were with Amaya?" Cobra shouted "She was supposed to be on Vacation. How is that possible?"

"Her car broke down as she was reaching Fuji-san. I guess she didn't want to worry you and called me to pick her up. Anyway, there was a storm and the nearest location was the room she had booked and we stayed there. But I am not here about that. There is something else! More important!" said Hiroto. His voice was soft and low, he was not pushing through things. It was clear Hiroto wanted to have a serious talk with him.

Cobra's deadly gaze dropped against Yamato "You have repaired the Car?" Stupid Yamato... he told him that he only could fix bikes and not cars. Then his burning gaze returned to face Hiroto "Fair enough then. Let me hear what's more important than you sharing a room with my sister?" Cobra wanted to know.

"Let me hope that Amaya will not pay too dearly for mine boldness. It burns my heart. Yet, I can only be clear and honest with you." Hiroto uttered clearly "Leader of the Hoodlum Squad You may already know that your sister and I are friends. These four months we have shared many memories and moments. Slowly, I found out how important she was to me. Not only as a friend but something more. It took me a while to realize it, that she won more than my respect and trust."

Cobra glared at Hiroto ready to attack. He already waited for him to reveal something important. But not that fast and clear. On the other hand, the others were baffled. They always have seen Cobra and Amaya fight and argue. "You are bold enough Amamiya, to announce inside my homeland such a truth. When it comes to that, you are daring and full of pride like your brothers. Finish, your fearless words nevertheless." Corba yelped.

Hiroto remained calm, he never allowed Cobra's insult to mess with his mind. He was there to ask for permission to date with Amaya. "I should be honored, that you can see part of the power of the Amamiya Brothers in me..." Hiroto responded back not losing his calm and strength "Before our talk overtakes another path, I have to admit two things. First I cannot keep my promise! I'm sorry, but I am going to date your sister. I would ask for your permission. There is not another girl suitable for me. And I can be, sure enough, there could not be another for her!"

Silence filled the room. Hiroto's, words were short and on point. Cobra did not predict such a fallout. His jaw dropped as he stood up, irritated. In all his years, he never remembered being so angry at a male before. He was not angry at Amaya, but with Hiroto. "Amamiya is pushing his luck today. How do you want me to respond in this madness? Why would I let my sister date you? Your lives are darker than they use to be. Even if everything settled, there is always a battle you have to fight. I would never wish to see my sister live such a life. She was already through enough darkness, Hiroto!" Cobra stated as he stood up and grasped against his leather jacket "I told you to keep away!"

"I would never tug your sister towards any danger. At least nothing she wouldn't be able to deal with. Our lives might be hard and filled with fights, but they aren't as dark as you named them." Hiroto pushed back and freed himself from Cobra's grip "We went through many hardships. As you and Sannoh did. Yet, I'll not let the fear of the past destroy our future. I cannot promise how things will end. But I would never harm your sister. And my words are final, I am going to date her, as long as she agrees."

Cobra's fist against the coffee table and he shouted "I'll never allow my sister to date you! I had already warned you!" He stepped forward punching directly Hiroto against the face and winning everyone's attention.

Yamato jumped trying to reach Cobra and pull him back. Starting a fight with the Amamiya was the last thing this place needed as Triads was still on their track. "Cobra! Stop it!"

Hiroto didn't dodge the hit and allowed Cobra's punch to hit him. "Yamato don't you dare interfere in this!" the youngest of the Amamiya Brothers voiced up "This is our fight! I'll date your sister!" he uttered again and Cobra against the face.

"Enough!" Naomi suddenly cried out behind the counter "Both of you out! This place doesn't need more fights! Out!"

Naomi's words were law inside Itokan Diner. Both dropped their act and glared at each other. It was clear the fight was not over. They would just have to step outside. Hiroto was the first who strolled outside and Cobra followed. Behind him run Yamato, Dan, Chiharu, and Tetsu worried. Yet as they stepped outside a loud sound caught their attention.

Bam! Boom!

A major explosion had taken place inside Nameless City. The triads after a month answered again. War was upon SWORD once more.

Upcoming Chapter: Act Twenty Eight


Thank you for reading!

Feel free to Review and Follow! ^_^