promises

ME AND HER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

it is a fine saturday morning and moonbyul decided to went out for a jog at a nearby park. yongsun had an emergency at the hospital last night and had to sleep at the dorm. she might be coming home around in the afternoon or in the evening. 

moonbyul was wearing an earpod as she jog around the park for a couple of rounds. she stopped at a bench to drink some water. as she was drinking, her phone suddenly ring so she took out her phone from her arm band. she took her earpod from her ears for a while and disconnect them from her phone. byul then quickly answered the phone.

"em, unnie. wae?" 

"i just got a news from france"

"france? what is it?"

"the workers from a few branch over there is slowly reducing in huge amount of number"

"reducing? but how?"

"they're quitting, sir. we're still trying to get in contact with them to find out what really happened but they're not answering"

"no. dont waste time trying to get in contact with them. get people to go there and find out what happened"

"yes, sir. i'll get going now"

"oh wait, sunmi-unnie. find out about my shares too. report to me if it have any slight changes with it"

"yes, sir. i'll get to it right away"

as moonbyul put back her phone inside her arm band and her earpod inside her pocket, 2 dogs came rushing at her so suddenly. she fell off the bench as she was shocked as 2 huge dogs at her. though byul was shocked, she like having tbe dogs in her companies. she laughed out as the dogs keep at her. 

"oh my god! i am so sorry! i accidently let go of the leash" byul looked up to find a woman suddenly apologizing at her. maybe she's the owner of the dogs. byul stood up as the woman reached for the leash and pulled them away from byul.

"nah. its okay. i like them" byul grinned at the woman and bend down to play with the dogs.

"corgis, huh?" byul stated the breed of the dogs and find out their short legs rather cute.

"oh, yeah. this is daebak and the other one is haengwon" the woman joined byul to play with the dogs too.

"they seems to really like you"

"really?"

"yeah. because they're only attracted to handsome girls" the woman whispered lowly to make sure byul didnt hear her.

"hmm? did you just say something?" byul looked up to the woman.

"oh? i just said these kids really wanted to know your name" the woman stood back up and byul could only just chuckled.

"it's moon byulyi. and you?" byul hold out her hand and the woman reached it for a handshake.

"dahee. lee dahee" the woman named as dahee smiled widely. 

"that's a nice name"

"you too, byulyi-shi. moonstar? that's rather unique" they laughed together as they sat at the bench.

"you dont have to be formal though. i'm 18. you?"

"oh i'm 23. but wait. so you're still in highschool?"

"yup, i am"

they both talked for quite long time and dahee invited her to go to a cafe nearby to have some drink and byul accepted. they talked and asked about each other.

"where do you work, unnie?" byul asked as the waiter came to bring their order. byul ordered an ice americano while dahee ordered a latte macchiato.

"its just across here. look" dahee pointed out at the place she work at across the cafe and when byul sees it, her jaw dropped. they sat next to the window so byul looked up to the building across from them. dahee saw how byul dropped her jaw so she reached for her chin and lift it up to close . byul was shocked at the sudden skinship but quickly regained herself.

"you work here, unnie? seriously?" byul asked dahee as she was still shocked.

"y.. yeah? is it a big deal to work at the moon corp?" moonbyul was shocked because the woman infront of her is actually her worker.

"no no. so what department are you in?" 

"erm~ operation management" 

(The duties of an operations managervary depending on the organization, but generally include: managing quality assurance programs, supervising, hiring, and training other employees, monitoring existing processes and analyzing their effectiveness; and creating strategies to improve productivity and efficiency)

"oh wow. is it fun to work at the moon corp. i mean the environment?" it's the first time byul got to talk to one of her employee beside sunmi and mr. lee. byul had always thought about her workers so after she inherit moon corp, she started to create an environment that would please her workers. now that she's able to meet her worker, she's curious about what her workers would think about moon corp.

"erm.. it's not fun to have pile of papers on your desk and having to review each one of them. but the payment is good so i got nothing to complain about. i really like my office though. it's eco-friendly. i heard all branches is the same except the headquarters. it has advanced technologies. but over all, i like my company"

moonbyul was glad to know that her worker like the environment byul tried to create to help them to work comfortably. 

it has been 3 hours they talked in the cafe, they talked about dahee's work and byul's studies. their talk is suddenly interrupted by a ringtone. 

"oh, that's my phone" byul said as she took her phone out from her arm band. she looked over at the caller and stood up from her chair.

"excuse me, unnie. it's an urgent call" byul said to dahee before walking out of the cafe to have a private call.

"byul-ah, this is bad. so bad"

"wae unnie. what happened?"

"your shares. oh god"

"unnie! what is it!"

"it's decreasing by 10 percent. 10 percent! someone bought it. i'm still trying to find the source"

"okay, unnie. you need to calm down first. call mr. lee and ask for his help. you need to find who bought my shares and when you do. come by at my house with mr. lee"

byul is in panic too but she's not showing she is. she pulled her hair back as she tries to think who tried to buy her shares. byul owns 7% of moon corp before she was inherited but now that she owns the company and all her parents shares had goes to byul's, her shares was supposed to be 59%. 

'nam' byul remembers that only nam corp is capable of doing something like this. buying other company's shares. byul had seen nam stole companies through shares so she assumed that they wanted moon corp. moonbyul is angry but she controls herself. she went back into the cafe and went over to dahee.

"unnie. i'm sorry but i need to go home quickly" byul didnt wait for a reply. she walk away quickly but someone grabbed her hand. so she turned aro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter