Chapter 39.1 (Seulrene)

Baby Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

(First part of my Double Update)

 

It’s a sunny day as the scene pans around a girl resembling a hibernating bear, all wrapped up in tangled sheets. The calming sound of waves and the chilly-fresh smell of the sea that hit her senses made her open one eye. Although still a little disoriented because of sleepiness, she slowly stretched out her limbs and pushed her body to climb out of bed. Not forgetting to put on a simple tee and sweatpants, she eagerly opened the door of her room. As soon as she steps foot outside, the invigorating smell of coffee hits her nose as well as the mouth-watering essence of waffles. Despite feeling her stomach protesting, she did not immediately go to the kitchen to be filled up. Instead, her feet brought her outside, a few meters from the house, staring into the calming hue of the ocean. But the breathtaking scenery is not what painted a huge smile on her face. Instead, it was a figure of a woman sitting cross-legged in the sun and a small child standing in front of her, crouched down picking something in the sand.  She just stood there admiring the view of the two most important people in her life. Contentment is etched on her face and wished that she could stay in trance like that forever. That is until, the little girl turned her gaze towards her, her lips curving upward as her cat-like eyes formed crescents.

 

“Mama.”

 

Then two little feet started running towards her direction. This causes her heart to swell with pride and admiration. Instinctively, she crouched down, knees on the ground while both arms outstretched and open wide. As soon as the small form of the little girl came in contact with her body, she immediately engulfed her inside her arms, stand on her feet and spin her around. The squeal of excitement and laughter instantly made her ecstatic.

 

“Good Morning Ahreum-ah.”

 

Kang Ahreum, the little bundle of joy, Irene and Seulgi welcomed five years ago. She was a dream come true for the latter. The perfect combination of both her and her wife. The moment Seulgi laid her eyes on her, all red and wrinkled while wrapped in a white cloth with a small yawn escaping her lips and eventually her tiny hands wrapped on the bear’s index finger, the latter instantly fell in love with her. And Seulgi swore to make this tiny human the happiest on earth.

 

“Good morning Hyun Bun. Sorry for waking up late.” She apologetically said yet Irene just shook her head before planting a soft kiss on her lips.

 

“I know you’re tired. You deserve some rest.” Her wife said before snaking a hand at her waist.

 

 

“Why did you woke up late again Mama? You said that you will accompany me and Mommy on the beach to watch the sunrise and collect shells?” Their cute daughter decided to spoil the moment with her barrage of questions. Even with her eyes closed, Seulgi can imagine her daughter’s big brown and monolid eyes widen in anticipation, her button nose crinkling a bit while her plump lips pouting. She took after Seulgi’s face after all. A fact that made everyone who sees her swoon in delight.

 

“She took after Seulgi’s face and talent while carrying Irene’s personality.” The couple would often say whenever someone would ask. In fact, Seulgi got surprised when she uses a phone app to try and transform her face into that of a child’s and the result is Ahreum’s face. Nobody would believe that it was her when she showed the picture to her close friends.

 

“Mamaaaa. I’m waiting for your answer.”  The whine is what brought her back from the joyful recollection. The scary tone that she already memorized with the number of times she heard it whenever she is teasing the little lass. She stares at the little girl now raising her eyebrows and somewhat glaring in her direction with little hands on her waist, something that she totally got from Irene. A playful chuckle escaped Seulgi’s lips as she recalled another memory.

 

One where she got home a little late and drunk because of a meeting with one of her buyers.  She opened the door, she was greeted by the frowning face of Irene standing in her line of sight with hands on her waist. This made her heart clenched while a long string of apologies at the tip of her tongue. But before she can utter such, her eyes shifted to her little mini-me sporting the same expression. She would’ve just shrugged it off but once she saw how the little girl also has her hands on her waist, made her crack up.

 

In the end, she was forced to babysit the little girl for the whole week as a punishment from Irene, and her body almost crumbled by the number of activities that the Ahreum planned for the both of them as her punishment from the little lady. Whether it was cooking class, baking class, acting class, dance class, and so on. All within the span of a week.

 

“Any minute now Mama.” And again another scary statement

 

“Oh yeah. Uhmm. I overslept??? I guess.” She tried to say only to be met by a defeated sigh from the little lass who is now massaging her forehead in apparent frustration.

 

“Sigh. What could I expect from you? Good thing Mommy woke up early and we both gather a lot of shells.”

 

Ever since Ahreum was little,  her previous  dating coach turned  friend and turned adopted daughter Yeri, made it a point to somehow make the little girl a carbon copy of her. It did not help that the then baby Kang is totally smitten by her “cool” older “sister.” So whenever she visited the Kangs which is almost five times a week, Ahreum has been stuck to her side like glue.

 

Sigh. Why did I even let my kid near Yeri? I swear I’m gonna kill that little devil when I saw her. She tainted my innocent baby.

 

Her thoughts get interrupted when a small pail was shoved into her face, letting her marvel at a handful of different kinds of shells.

 

“To make up for waking up late. You should be the one to bring this back to the house. Then you will clean it and place it on my aquarium.” She then heard the famous ahjumma laugh of her wife once her little angel finished her instructions or more like commands.

 

“God, why did I end up being like this?” She dramatically exclaimed while comically placing her hand in her chest for added effect. This causes Irene to laugh even more. Seulgi hopes that her daughter will go to her and give her a hug or a kiss to console her only to be shocked by what the girl did next.

 

“Oh, Gosh. Why is life unfair?  I’m beautiful, talented, and have such an angelic character. Anybody in the world would be so lucky to have me as a child. I mean I am thankful to have Mommy Irene but I guess nobody can have a perfect life. Still, why would you give me such a childish Mama? Sigh be thankful that I love you lots Mama because if not, I swear I already kicked you out of the house.” Seulgi’s heart melted because, despite the cold attitude, it’s her daughter’s way of saying I love you to her.

 

“You know what… Why don’t we go back to the house now and eat some breakfast? I asked the maid to make your favorite croffles.” She saw how the little one smiled.  As if on instinct, she crouched down while gesturing the Ahreum to come to her which the child did. She then climbed to her Mama’s back. As soon as the little girl is settled and she is sure that she would not fall off, it’s like she would permit it anyways, Seulgi extended her hand to her wife who then takes it immediately. A huge and contented smile on both of their faces until the impatient whine of the small one destroy the tranquil moment

 

***

 

The breakfast was uneventful aside from the playful bickering of “father” and daughter. One where Irene could just shake her head too. Since it is becoming more like a normal occurrence for her family anyways.

 

“Thish ish so yummy Mommmmy” Ahreum exclaimed joyfully, full of the tasty treat.

 

“You should not talk when your mouth ish full.” Seulgi scolded her daughter not realizing that she is basically doing the same thing.

 

“You’re also doing the same thing, Mama? So why are you scolding me?” And then that icy cold aura of her daughter resurfaced again. Before another “fight” or more like playful banter, Irene who is clearly enjoying that moment decided to intervene.

 

“I think if anyone, I should have the only right to scold both of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter