Chapter 49

Baby Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

Park Bogum is a nice man aiming to be like his father, Park Seo Jun who build his reputation as one of the most formidable corporate lawyers in the country. One of the strong pillars of the company which is owned and managed by the Baes. He is the reason why the company has a squeaky-clean record and has not been involved in any dodgy contracts.  He always makes sure that every transaction and deal that the company is involved in would be legal and clean. Thus, earning a solid status under his name. Something that the young Park Bogum has aspired to become when he grows up. So, the boy persevered and eventually became a lawyer himself when he reached the ripe age of 26. His diploma hasn’t even settled in its frame when he decided to work under his father’s wing so it’s not that surprising when later on the position was given to him after his father’s retirement. Bogum thought that his life will just be smooth sailing from then on and would continue being so. That is until he made a shocking discovery from a very unlikely source.

 

 

It happened a few months shy of his promotion replacing his father who completely let go of his reigns in the company. It was also the time when he was chosen to accompany Irene to America where the two would oversee the branch that would be erected there. A few years from the tragic death of both the head of the Baes and Kangs together with their spouses and a few months short of Seulgi’s accident.

 

 

He was walking to his car at the basement parking of his apartment complex when two black and tinted cars stopped in front of him. He started becoming alarmed causing him to look around and noted that no one else is in the area as it is quite late. The first course of action that comes to his mind is to run with all his might and try to find an exit or at least get into the elevator to ensure his safety. It took a few split seconds before finally deciding to take that chance. But before his feet can even make another step, four well-built men came out of the car and approached him, all but sporting a very menacing look. As he was slowly being surrounded, Bogum now scrapped his original idea, figuring that he might just face the men head-on and find the perfect opportunity to escape. Giving a tiny nod to internally agree with himself, he defensively raises his fists and is mentally preparing himself to at least put up a fight but a voice prevented him from landing the first blow.”

 

“Mr. Park Bogum. I suggest you just come with us peacefully and assure you that no harm would come your way.” A man, who he deduced must be higher than the other three by just his stance and the way his voice carries so much authority, spoke.

 

 

“I’d never go with you guys without as much as a fight.” He said mustering every bit of courage inside his body. He expected them to start the fight after such a bold statement so he tightens his fists to get ready but his preparation is interrupted by the leader’s voice again.

 

 

“If you won’t go willingly then I guess I have to extend my invitation to your father.” Upon the mention of his father, Bogum dejectedly puts his hands down. He cannot risk his father’s safety so he decided to just let them be for now and to think of another way to escape later on. Or at least find out what these men want with him before making his decision. Ince his musings ended; he is then guided inside the car. Once inside the man sitting beside him, puts a blindfold in his eyes which he did not resist at all.

 

 

Once inside, he heard one of them talking to his cellphone due to the lack of response. He figured that he must be talking to the mastermind based on the flow of the conversation and how the previous intimidating tone of voice changed into a submissive one.  The ride took about an hour or so, as what Bogum’s count in his mind because darkness filled his vision due to the fabric covering his eyes. Not long after, he felt the car starts slowing down until it eventually stopped and a slight scuffle began as the men started getting out one by one. The next thing he knew he was escorted outside of the vehicle and into what he inferred is an elevator. Bogum doesn’t know exactly how many men are currently accompanying him but he presumed that it would be more than three, based on the sound of the footsteps.

 

 

The walk didn’t take long and they reached a door based on how the men halted their steps and the sounds of a knob being turned. He is then ushered inside albeit cautiously as he heard the door slam behind him. At that point, Bogum did not know what to do. At the back of his mind, he debated whether to take off the blindfold or wait until the men give instructions or even given a clue on what he should do. He is lost in his indecisive mind when a deep voice broke into the silence that permeated the air of whatever room he is in.

 

 

“I suggest you take your blindfolds off. It’s a little uncomfortable to talk if we could not see each other eye to eye don’t you think?” There is a trace of authority as well as a “gentleness” in that voice that Bogum found himself adhering to the request. And he did. He took off the blindfold and is welcomed by a luxurious-looking hotel room. Upon closer inspection, he assumed it was the presidential or penthouse suite based on the interior and how the room screams lavishness. That is until his sight shifted into the man in front of him. The man who is wearing an expensive three-piece suit. But it was not what shocked him the most. It’s the fact that it was Jung Il Woo, a well-known businessman and a direct competition of the company he works at.

 

 

“What do you want from me?” He said calmly albeit the storm brewing inside of him. There is something with the way the situation is playing out, and Bogum decided not to act rashly until he finds out what it is.

 

 

“Not very welcoming, I see.” This made Bogum scoff out loud.

 

 

“You expect a warm welcome after you practically brought me here against my will that is and even threatened me and my dad to force me into submission.” He blurted out.

 

 

“Well, I have a limited number of choices in my hands to get you to talk face to face to me, so I had to resort to such underhanded methods. And I do apologize for that. But you see, there are some things that I need to ask or rather reveal to you. Things that will have a huge impact on you as a person. And it’s not something that I could just send over a text or an email you see.” This caused Bogum to raised his eyebrow.

 

“Don’t talk in riddles. Say what you want directly so I can get the hell out of here.” By now his voice is raised a few octaves and filled with frustration.

 

 

“Well, if that’s what you want. I was actually trying to soften the impact of this piece of information for you but I guess we are alike in a lot of different ways. And being impatient is one of them. So yeah. Park Bogum, I Jung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter