Chapter 25

Baby Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It’s been a tiring day altogether for Irene. Not only did her leave for 2 weeks made her work pile up to two huge stacks of paper to be signed but she needs to provide decisions to  a number of company issues that arose when she was away. So it is not a surprise when she came home a little later that day than the time she is supposed to. Even though it is not that late because it is just 7 pm on the dot but still it made her feel uneasy mainly because she always made sure to be home at 5 to spend more time with Seulgi.

 

 

Speaking of her cute bear wife, once Irene opened the door of their house, the delicious smell of food hit her nose. As if on instinct, she put her bag on the couch as quietly as possible as her feet dragged her to the dining room only to witness her wife diligently putting the plates of food down on the table.

 

 

“Please hurry up Chef-niim. Hyunnie said that she is coming home soon.”  Irene saw the chef smiled as her wife’s panicking state but picked up his phase nonetheless. The chef looked up and saw her leaning against the door. Before the older man can say anything, she place her index finger against her lips and shakes her head which the man understood. Seeing her wife putting a lot of effort for their dinner is enough to make her heart swell in happiness. And she doesn’t want to intrude such moment but quite the opposite happened when she shifted her gaze towards her wife, Seulgi is looking at her warmly.

 

 

“Hey how long have you been watching me there?” She found her younger wife by her side and already planting a kiss on her cheeks.

 

 

“Not that long.” But a cute pout greeted her soon after.

 

 

“Why didn’t you called me when you came?” Now it’s Irene’s turn to give her wife a peck, this time on her lips.

 

 

“I just find it cute to watch my lovely wife personally preparing our dinner and I guess it made my heart turn wild against my chest that I can’t help but to stare at her even more.”  Seulgi almost melted on the spot at her wife’s cringey words. A red tint found its way into her cheeks even more when the chef chuckles at their cute interaction. Out of embarrassment, the bear just hugged the older while burying her face against her neck.  Irene smiled at the chef and just signaled him to quickly finish cooking which he did. She then mouthed a simple thanks before the old man disappears from her sight.

 

 

“No need to be embarrassed Pooh bear. Chef-niim already finished cooking and went out so it’s just us in here.” Upon hearing these words, Seulgi slowly looks up making sure that the man is really not in sight anymore. Once she confirmed that they are indeed alone, she disentangles herself from the embrace and pretend that nothing happened earlier.

 

“Uhmm then why don’t we have our dinner now. I’m sure you must be hungry.” Irene would’ve found this a perfect opportunity to tease the younger’s obvious awkwardness but her stomach spoiled the moment when it suddenly grumbled. Seulgi just smiled and shook her head before picking up the remaining plates of food and putting it on the dining table. Then she pulls the chair for her wife to sit in which Irene took and then sitting on the opposite seat.

 

 

The dinner went on with occasional talks, laughs and a lot of feeding and a whole bunch of smiles and honey-dripping moments from the two.

 

 

***

 

Irene and Seulgi are now ready to go to bed, not to sleep but to talk about how their days went. Ever since they came back from their honeymoon slash vacation, the two of them agreed to have these nightly talks to be more open and updated with each other. They fully embraced their marriage and they are both committed to make it as smooth sailing as possible.

 

 

“How was your day?” Seulgi asked her wife as soon as they got settled in.

 

 

“It was tiring. I got mountains of papers to sign and a few meetings to attend to. That’s why I got home later than the usual. I hope you are not angry that I did not get home on time?” Seulgi eagerly shook her head at this.

 

 

“Of course not. I know how important work is. In fact I am quite thankful that you still manage to go earlier than most business owners out there who spent countless hours at their offices. We spent a lot of days off for our vacation so I understand that your work piled up a lot because of it.” Seulgi answered truthfully.  

 

 

“How about you? How did you day went?” Irene which has her head tucked under Seulgi’s chin while her hand is s on her wife’s chest asked.

 

 

“Hmm for starters, my day went well. To be honest I don’t have any expectations when it comes to how Sluggie’s gallery would look like. But as I went there, I was fascinated by all the artworks that she has in there. No wonder she is a well-known artist. Right now, I don’t have that much idea about art but upon seeing hers, I was taken into a rollercoaster of emotions. There are times when I felt sad when I saw one painting then it will be replaced by happiness with another one and another overwhelming emotion when I shifted again. I am so amazed at the myriad of emotions that her paintings carry in them.” She purposely did not mention about the unfinished painting that she saw. She wanted to find out herself who might the woman in the painting be.

 

 

“Seulgi Kang is a well-known artist. Your works are applauded by most art critics and art enthusiasts around the world. I know this because I bought a few of your paintings before.” Irene revealed making Seulgi widen her eyes.

 

 

“You did? But aren’t you and Sluggy in bad terms before? And where are the paintings now? Can I see it Unnie?” Irene smiled meaningfully at this before speaking.

 

 

“We are on bad terms but I still wanted to support her that time, especially when she was still struggling to make a name for herself. I purchased few of her first artworks anonymously and makes it a point to buy a piece or two whenever she has an exhibit. I think I might have bought around 15 paintings already. I used them as decorations in my houses overseas. I don’t want to risk letting you see them so I’d rather put them abroad than in any of my properties here in Korea. I was still my prideful self that time. But if you want, we can personally visit each of the paintings later when we are both free.” Seulgi swore that her heart is filled with so much happiness once she heard what her Unnie said. Turns out she still cared for Seulgi even if they were not in good terms before.  She heard and read of compliments on her works and is now starting to feel bad because she is not the great Kang Seulgi and she doesn’t know when her memories will fully came back for her to make the same quality of artworks again

 

 

“Do you think that I can paint like that again in the future? Given that I don’t remember how?” Seulgi asked Irene.

 

 

“Pooh bear, making an art is like putting a piece of yourself in it. It doesn’t need memories but emotions and a touch of skill. So even your mind won’t remember a lot of things, you can still make your own using your artistic talent and the emotions and memories that you have now. And I don’t think that you can paint like that again because I am sure you will. You just lost your memories but not your skills and passion for art. And now, you have me. I will always be in the sidelines, cheering and motivating you to work hard and follow what your heart wants.” Irene felt a soft kiss on top of her head once she finished speaking. The arm around her shoulder also tightens that’s he found her body basking in her wife’s warmth even more.

 

 

“Why are you making me fall in love with you more and more each day Hyun Bun? Here I am thinking that there is nothing else you can do that can make my feelings deepen even more but you prove me wrong each and every day. What did I do to deserve such an amazing woman as my wife?” Seulgi felt Irene pulled her body up so her head is in the same level as her wife. Next she captured Seulgi’s lips in a passionate kiss. The one void of any lust and malice but just pure gratitude and love. The kind of innocent kiss that can make your heart s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter