Chapter 20

Baby Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was the morning after the huge fight between Irene and Seulgi and as expected it created a huge impact on the couple. All of the others are gathered in the dining room and are peacefully having their breakfast when Irene came down from her room. The girls are all surprised by her appearance, swollen and puffy eyes with huge bags under them. While the others throw a look of sympathy, Byul and Solar are not even baffled by what she looks like. Well, they already expected such a thing to happen. Especially when Seulgi came knocking in their door that night at asked Byul if she can sleep with her in another room.

 

“You look like you’ve been in hell Ms, Irene.” Joy commented but Irene just shrugs it off. But as she scanned the dining area, her heart hurts when she did not see even a silhouette of her wife. Solar saw how her eyes scan the room and must have sensed her worry so she voices out the answer to Irene’s silent question.

 

“Byul said she is still sleeping. She came to us last night and asked my wife to accompany her to sleep. They occupied the last room on the left side of the house.” Her statement earned a few confused stares but the whole gang knows better than to speak out loud, the questions lingering in their minds.

 

“Thank you for taking care of her last night.” She directed her gratitude to Byul who just answered her casually.

 

“Of course I will. That is my little sister we are talking about.” Irene notes the sarcasm in her tone but she just brushes it off as she is still thankful to the woman. After everything that transpired last night the last thing she wants, is to be on Moonbyul’s bad side even more. She takes a seat beside Jennie and started eating breakfast. Halfway through their meal, Seulgi emerged in the dining hall sporting the same look as Irene. The latter’s breath hitched as soon as she is made aware of her wife’s presence. But her felt a painful thug in her heart and her face transformed into a sullen one once Seulgi took the seat beside Moonbyul. She felt a gentle squeeze in her hand courtesy of Jisoo and she saw an apologetic smile directed to her from both Wendy and Solar. As much as she can, Irene tried to reciprocate their smile but she can only do half a smile that did not even reach her eyes. The rest understood her precadiment and just carry on like nothing is unusual.

 

As soon as they all finish their breakfast, Seulgi and her squad decided to go swimming in the pool on the third floor while the rest of the ladies stayed in one of the cottages near the beach.

 

“So I guess you and Seulgi fight last night.” All of the girls’ attentions are now directed to Irene who can just nod in reply.

 

“Would you like to tell us what happened or you prefer to just keep it to yourself for now.” Irene heaved a sigh to these words. She is thankful to Solar for not forcing her to share the details but keeping it to herself is not how she wants things to be. She wanted to make amends with Seulgi and she wants to use all of the resources

 

“After that bonfire event that we have last night, I and Seulgi talked. I found out that she knows about Suho or more specifically she remembers things about me and Suho. Turns out she was having these flashes of the memories, she remembers up to the point where we fell apart because of my jerk of an ex. I also found out that I have been mistakenly led to believe that it was her fault why things have gone south between us when it was me all along. Suho is the one who cut off all my contacts of her and I mistakenly believe that it was Seulgi who blocked me. So yeah, to make the long story short, I want to make amends but Seulgi wants some space.” She tried to smile but she was betrayed by her own emotions that she just found herself bawling her eyes out.

 

“I know I played the bigger part of why we fell apart before. But after what I heard, I guess I am did not just played that huge part but rather I am the sole reason why that happens. I don’t know what to do anymore. I wanted to apologize. I wanted to make it up to her. I wanted to heal her heart which I broke into a million pieces but she doesn’t want me to be near her. How can I mend her if I cannot even get close enough to convey how much she means to me? I don’t know what to do anymore. I wanted to punch myself for being stupid. For hurting the person who cared so much for me. The person who loves me all her life and the one who has never once hurt me. I guess this is my karma. All I wanted was to have her back but she is drifting away from me. I’m afraid I might be too late to fix this.” Solar was quick enough to engulf her n a comforting hug. The rest of the girls showed their sympathy and support to her.

 

“I don’t think it’s too late to make amends. First thing you need to do is to never doubt what she feels for you. All of us here know that Seulgi still loves you or in a much better word, never stopped loving you. She is asking for space because let’s face it, even if she loves you, she is still hurting by what she found out last night. And the fact that she did not ask for a break up is a solid proof of that. She still wants to be with you but at the same time, being with your presence is suffocating her because whenever she sees you, your mistakes will flood her mind and will cause her heart to break.” Jennie spoke eliciting a nod from both Tzuyu and Joy. Suddenly Tzuyu’s phone beeped and she eagerly fishes it out from her side.

 

“I just got a text from my fiancée and said that Seulgi is fine. A little bit hurt but nothing to be worried about. She also said that it’s a good thing that there is a pool here. Byul Unnie said that back then, Seulgi likes to swim whenever there is something that is bugging her mind or just to calm herself down. She said that it helps the bear think clearly when she is just floating in the water and is looking at the sky. She also said that don’t worry they are all there for her” And for that Irene is thankful that all of the other girls are here for her and Seulgi. Then her attention is brought back when Solar spoke.

“I think you should give in to her for now. But while maintaining your distance, show that you are willing to make it up to her. See to it that she knows that you are still there for her. Be more like a guardian angel. Sounds like fiction and crap but it perfectly sums up what I want you to do. She may not see you but she definitely knows you are there and she would feel safe because of it. It’s like she knows that nothing could ever harm her because you are there to guard her. At the same time, she can still feel your love for her.” Solar suggested. The words got her thinking hard and realized that it’s the best course of action for now.

 

“If Seulgi wants space then I’ll give it to her. But if she thinks that I’ll stop caring and showing my love for her then she is dead wrong.” She said with conviction.

 

***

 

So Irene sticks to what she said to the girls. The day went on and she did not even approach her wife but like what Solar said, she also did things to make Seulgi feel that she is still there and is caring for her.

 

Like what happened with their dinner. Irene decided to sit beside Solar and Jennie on the right side of the table instead of their usual seat on the left side which Seulgi is occupying right now. They eat like the usual, filled with laughs, banter, and stories about their past mishaps. But the difference is that Seulgi and Irene are eating in silence. Well in Seulgi’s case, she would mingle every now and then but with Irene she never utter any word but would just steal glances of her wife every chance she gets The dinner went on and just as everyone is about halfway through their meal, Irene stood up and walk into before disappearing into the door of the kitchen. At first everyone is shocked by her behavior, but about five minutes later, she came back with a slice of cheesecake which she asks the maid to buy the day before. She silently went to Seulgi’s seat and placed the treat beside her plate. She then took a step back before speaking.

 

“I’m finished eating guys so I’ll be going to my room now. A variety of desserts are in the kitchen so you can just ask the maids which ones do you like and they will serve them all to you.  Have a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter