Chapter 28

Baby Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was a solemn night in some but at the heart of Seoul, in the function room of one of the top hotels in the city to be exact, the most successful businessmen are gathered together to celebrate the success of the Charltons. Clad in expensive dresses and top of the line suits, most of them carrying a glass half-full of the finest champagne on the land, each one of them are waiting for the arrival of the most gossiped about couple. Most of these people are excited especially since it has been a while since Seulgi and Irene Kang grazed these occasion of her presence so when the it has been speculated that they will be attending, many were ecstatic. One of the participants however know otherwise.

 

 

Krystal Jung was sipping her martini while waiting for the arrival of Irene Kang.  One of the spies she has in the CEO’s company relayed to her that Kang Seulgi would not be attending the party with her wife. Krystal who is being forced to attend as her parent’s representative felt delighted. At first she would’ve ditched the party because she has no intention of revealing herself both to Seulgi and Irene together as she does not want Seulgi to discover her earlier ploy of being just her buyer and befriending her little by little. She also wants to gather enough pictures so she can send it to Irene later on to trigger the woman’s insecurity and jealousness further provoking her into paranoia eventually leading to disagreements between the couple. Then like a good friend, she will be innocent Seulgi shoulder to cry on, eventually making the bear fall using what Krystal knows about her. Knowing that it is just Irene going would be very beneficial to her. She can reveal herself and incite some kind of unsettling feeling towards Irene especially since the latter is very much aware of who she is in Seulgi’s life.

 

 

The very person that is being anticipated by everyone is outside the venue almost ready to go on and make her grand entrance. Just as she was about to go, she received a text from Solar.

 

 

Don’t go in yet and wait for me. I’m almost there and will arrive in around 10 minutes

 

 

The message stated. Irene just shook her head. Trust Solar to be late especially to these kinds of parties. So she just busied herself with looking at the photos that Seulgi and her uploaded on her wife’s Instagram account. Well it’s more like their joint account nowadays since she would often “borrow” it and posts sweet photos of them to subtly ward off any females who are silently pinning for her wife. Her eyes captured one recent post where Seulgi is squishing her cheeks while clad in a crop top. It was taken during just the other day when Seulgi is playing “Just Dance” on her X-box. Irene swoon at how her wife is being really cute in the photo and how she badly wants to pinch those chubby cheeks but once her eyes  dragged lower, she bit her lip once she saw those glorious abs with a tiny sheet of sweat coating it. In just a flash, Irene was imagining her hands caressing those rock hard muscles feeling every bump and curve. She was daydreaming like this for a few moments, before she was harshly snapped back to reality when her phone ringed and showed Solar’s name. She swiped it and pressed the device against her ear.

 

 

“Kim Yongsun where the heck are you.” She did not even let the girl say her standard phone greeting when Irene fire her annoyed words away.

 

 

“Calm your t*ts down Rene. There is a perfectly good reason why I am late and once you know it, you will thank God that I am your bestfriend.” Solar explained making Irene roll her eyes in annoyance even if she knows that her friend cannot see it.

 

 

“You should be telling the truth otherwise I’m gonna kick your at work.” She spat out. Solar just laughed out loud and Irene swore that her friend is doing her wide-mouthed laugh where you can see the depths of her trachea if you are in front of her.

 

 

“Just get out of the car and meet me in mine. I just parked in front of your car” And true to what she said, Irene saw a BMW just parked in front of her Rolls Royce limo and is sure that it is Moonbyul’s car. She ended the call and followed her friend’s instruction. Once she was in rear of the door, the window of the front door rolled down, and she saw Solar. Her mind got confused why her friend is sitting at the front as well as the fact that she is just wearing a grey shirt paired with white shorts. Beside her in the driver seat is Moonbyul looking chic with her blue stripped button down shirt. Before Irene can start her rant however, Solar held her hand in front to stop the CEO from saying anything.

 

 

“Oops, before you say anything and threaten my life, try looking at the rear door and marvel at my surprise for you.” And as if on cue the door of the passenger seat opened making Irene’s jaw drop. The figure gets out of the car and Irene looks like a fish out of the water with agape. She lets the scene sinks in to her brain and lament on how good the figure looks. She was wearing a white long-sleeved polo partnered with a navy blue vest and finished off with a white coat with a black lining and buttons. A complete compliment to her own navy off-the-shoulder dress paired with elegant silver necklace.

 

“Seul…How…” She managed to croak out and was greeted with the bright smile.

 

“I’ll explain later Hyun Bun. For now let’s just rock this party.” And before she knew it, Seulgi’s left hand is s into her waist pulling their bodies closer.

 

And once the two step foot at the entrance, all of the guests’ eyes are immediately drawn into them. As they are walking towards the hosts of the party, pleasantries and greetings flooded their way. Irene was in awe at how Seulgi charmingly handled her way to respond to them.

 

“Oh Mr. Choi, how are your business doing?” Her wife said to the man in his fifties who is the CEO of one of the largest shipping companies in the country.

 

“You look lovely in that dress, Mrs. Im.” She throw a bunch of compliments to the lady wearing a red gown who is also the wife of the owner of one of the largest shopping malls in Seoul.

 

A lot more people greeted them and Seulgi seems to know them all. This made Irene silently raise her eyebrow but made sure that it is subtle enough not to be noticed by the others. It did not take long for them to reach the people they aim to meet, mostly because Seulgi smoothly dismisses any attempt of others to engage them in lengthy conversations and she must say that it is done very professionally. It’s like the one holding her is not the Ddeulgi who was in an accident and lose a huge part of her memory.  But the Kang Seulgi that she married years ago. The cool aura and charisma that Seulgi possess before is now emitting within this Seulgi.

 

“Good evening Mr.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter