Chapter 39.2 (Seulstal)

Baby Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

(This is the 2nd part of my Double update so if you haven’t read the first one, then I suggest you go back to the previous chap.)

 

 

Seulgi was just regaining her consciousness as the soft music is filling her ears. The sweet scent of berries invading her nose and a somewhat tingling sensation on her cheek. She opened her eyes, unknowingly making her lips curve upward as she realized what is causing the sensation.

 

“Good morning Love.” The sweet voice of her wife greeted her. Krystal is looking at her like she is some kind of rare phenomenon. Like she is the most wonderful scenery in the world. Like she is the most precious treasure. Partnered with how her index finger delicately caressing her cheeks, like it’s some kind of a priceless piece of art that could crumble with just the slightest of effort.

 

“Morning too, Love. I’m sorry I slept long and lets you drive that long.” She apologetically said yet the other girl just shook her head in response.

 

“Don’t worry. You know I enjoy driving much more when it was you I am driving with and for. Besides you haven’t slept that long.” She then pointed at the car window behind Seulgi. The latter then turned her head to indulge in what her wife is showing her. It was such a picturesque view.   The way the clouds have scattered across the sky. The orange and yellow sun provided illumination making the soft and fluffy billows appear greyish and white in some areas.

 

“It’s breathtaking right? But this one is the most beautiful sunrise I have seen in my life, you know why?” Krystal asked making Seulgi turn around to look at her before shaking her head.

 

“Because I can see you at the center of it. Your face at the focus of my sight makes every other sunrise in the background, special and breathtaking.” Seulgi felt blood rising on her cheeks as her heart inside her ribcage skipped a beat. Trust Krystal to always make her feel good with her words and actions. Truthfully it is one of the traits that made her drawn to the girl. She was never shy to shout to the world what she truly feels inside and she makes it a point to always back it up with her actions. Seulgi has been a living testament to it. It has been five years since that day. That day when she chose to be with Krystal.

 

Truthfully it hasn’t been that easy. Once Irene and Seulgi announced their divorce, it shook the whole nation. Multiple gossips and scandals arise. A lot of speculations ascend. The media has been frantic and the business world was shaken to the core. Enough for the stock market to dwindle and lose its stability.  The company almost collapsed but amidst the crisis, Seulgi backed Irene up so the ownership and management of their joint company would still be in their hands. It took about a year but they managed to prove to everyone that Irene can still manage the company. That Seulgi would still back her up even if they would not be together anymore.

 

After that major setback, Seulgi and Krystal pursued a relationship together. It was smooth sailing and the couple rarely even have conflicts. In fact, their relationship is a little close to perfect. Almost two years together, when Seulgi asked for her girlfriend’s hand. And now another two years from that time, they are still happily journeying through life together.

 

Seulgi’s thoughts were interrupted when Krystal, now outside opened the door on the former’s side and extended her hand.

 

“Let’s go?” And Seulgi did not hesitate to take that hand. Krystal assisted her in getting off the vehicle. She then guided the other at the back of their pick-up which now has a mat, a portable stove with a golden pot of boiling ramyeon, a small thermos, and a portable drip coffee maker. The two then took a seat in a set of folding chairs which are also conveniently placed at the base of the vehicle. Once settled, Krystal was about to grab the coffee maker but Seulgi was quick to do it for her.

 

“You already prepared all of this. So let me make this for you. Coffee brewed with my everlasting affection and fulfilled with my eternal love for you.” And Krystal was quick to land a playful slap on her shoulder but nonetheless let the slightly older girl do her bidding. It did not take long for a freshly brewed cup of coffee to be offered to her along with the signature eye smile of her wife. She attempted to grab the chopstick but Krystal was much quicker this time. She swiftly grabbed the utensil and was also rapidly picked up a hefty serving of noodles, placing it against her lips. At first, Seulgi thought that her wife would take a bite but she was proved wrong as the other gently blows on it before offering it to the bear.

 

“And here a bite of my world-famous ramyeon, cooked to perfection. Each noodle strand enriched with my devotion and slowly boiled with a spoonful of my endless passion.” Krystal did not back down from the older’s sweet and poetic words. Seulgi can just playfully chuckle at this antic before taking a bite of the food.

 

The two enjoyed their simple breakfast while overlooking the beautiful and orange-hued horizon greeting them.

 

After their meal, Seulgi volunteered to be the driver. Of course, Krystal argued with her saying that this road trip slash impromptu vacation is intended to help the slightly older girl to relax. But Seulgi being the kind and loving wife that she rebutted and reasoned that this trip is for the both of them so it will be unfair if Krystal would be the only one who will bear all of the hard work. Krystal would’ve retaliated and would not let the issue rest if Seulgi was not quick to plant a soft kiss on her lips, making her all flustered and petrified.

 

“Be very thankful that I love you otherwise, I would’ve smacked your head for taking me back like that.” And the bear-like girl just smiled in return at her before, extending a hand to hold hers.

 

“And I love you too.”

 

***

 

They drove for about 2 hours now. Just singing to the song blasting on the speakers while enjoying the view against the side window.  Doing these kinds of outings has been a norm for both of them. Just packing what they need for a few days, filling up their tank with gas, and just driving in any direction they picked. Like this particular instance where they decided to just drive north and indulge in whatever they come across.

 

As they continue their journey, Krystal noticed an old and vintage church, about three stories high filled with people wearing suits and dresses mainly colored with blue. The surroundings were decorated with flowers while a girl wearing a white wedding gown in the middle of the door accompanied by a much older man in a grey suit. It gave a sudden surge of unexplainable feeling inside of her. Like she was transported to a similar event way back. She in that same position, and a nervous yet smiling Seulgi waiting at the end, near the altar.  

 

“Do you want to stop and check the wedding for a while?” And Seulgi did not even wait for an answer because she knows. She knows what Krystal would say to her.

 

So it’s not that surprising when the two somehow secretly crashed the wedding. Secretly because the two opted to stay on the 2nd floor of the church. In the balcony overlooking the whole interior of the sacred place. The two witnessed the whole ceremony, even sharing the prayers and happiness for the couple getting married.

 

When it came to the exchange of vows, Seulgi grabbed her wife’s hand and took off the latter’s wedding ring while also doing so on her own band. Then as the priest asked the groom to say her vows, the words of the man, faded into the background as it was Seulgi’s voice that captured Krystal’s attention.

 

“Krystal “Soojung” Jung, I wish I could stand up here and promise you the world, but the world isn’t mine to give. What I do promise is my world and all it entails. My love, support, passion, compassion, and enthusiasm.

 

I wish I could promise smooth sailing, but the winds aren’t mine to control. What I do promise is a ship built to carry you safely, and sails to weather any storm.

 

I wish I could promise you forever, but someone infinitely great than I already has. What I do promise is every second of this time sliver of eternity I’ve been blessed with.

 

I wish I could promise you riches, but every vault has its end. What I do promise you is a life of abundance—And abundance of love and support, of strength and vulnerability, of sharing and drive, of passion, and of adventure.

 

I can’t even promise I’ll never hurt you, because even the best of intentions sometimes fall short. What I do promise is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter