Chapter 53

Baby Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What the hell Bae Joohyun? Don’t tell me that you really did that. I mean I have been your bestfriend for years and you just betray me like this?” The loud and booming voice of Yongsun echoed through the four walls of Irene’s office that the latter swore her eardrums almost got busted.

 

“I don’t have a choice. I mean, you know I cannot resist Seulgi and we're in this very romantic place and the atmosphere is perfect. I mean I can literally smell the love in the air, or maybe It’s just the perfume she is using is very seductive. My heart had been thumping wildly in my chest and I feel suffocated if I did not agree with her. And she is literally glowing or is it just because we are surrounded by the night lights? I don’t really know and remember. But all I know is that she looks perfect that I could not resist it.” She tried her best to explain as her mind travels back to that particular scene.

 

 

Flashback

 

Once they reconciled, Irene and Seulgi decided to have a mini vacation abroad. The younger requested three days off and immediately booked a flight to Greece.

 

 

It’s the first time that Irene went to the country for reasons other than business. She went here for a conference before and did not get the chance to explore. As for Seulgi, she went here when she was younger and got captivated by the beauty and rawness of the place. In fact, she made a few paintings here so she is quite adept in the neighborhood. This is one of her go-to places whenever she needed to unwind or clear her mind.

 

 

 

 

 

“Wow, this is breathtaking Seul...” Irene exclaimed as she immediately fished out her phone to capture the wonderful scene in front of her. It’s one of the most beautiful sunsets she has ever since in her life It’s one of the rare pink sunset that Santorini is famous for. The way the sky is painted with a combination of lilac, pink and purple blended so well together. Plus with the addition of the orange sun in the middle is such a majestic sight to behold.

 

The woman is busy capturing the moment when she felt a pair of arms snaking into her waist. She then felt a weight on her shoulder. Seulgi, with her head, tucked in between Irene’s neck and shoulders, suddenly spoke.

 

“I’m glad you liked it. But you know it looks quite plain when compared to your ethereal beauty my queen.” This made Irene blush so hard.  It sounds cringy to others but Irene found these words very endearing. Especially since she knows that the words uttered by the younger are sincere and true.

 

“Did I tell you how much I love you?” She playfully asked turning her head a little and planting a soft peck on Seulgi’s lips. They locked eyes with each other and Irene swore that her reflection in Seulgi’s eyes is beyond perfect. She remembers how Seulgi used to say that in her eyes nothing can compare to Irene.

 

“Always. Not only through your words but more through your actions. And I wouldn’t want it any other way. I wouldn’t want any other person doing it for me. Just you. Only you. I love you so much Kang Seulgi.”

 

The unlabeled couple spent the night basking under the light of the million stars while the gentle sound of waves lulled them to sleep in each other’s arms.

 

The next day the couple decided to explore the island.  They tried local delicacies and went around taking pictures of the sceneries, well more like Irene is taking pictures of the picturesque surroundings while Seulgi is busy snapping photos of the older. At first, Irene paid no mind to it, so engrossed in the captivating scene. But about thirty snaps later, she takes down her phone and looked at Seulgi with a slightly annoyed reaction.

 

“Hey you should take pictures of the scenery, it’s breathtaking.” Irene urged the younger only for Seulgi to playfully shrug her instead and continue what she was doing.

“Nothing more breathtaking than the ones I am currently capturing with my camera so yeah just continue what you are doing while I get busy with mine.” She stuck her tongue out and just resume pressing the shutter. There is just something about Irene wearing a white sundress making her look like an angel in Seulgi’s eyes that she cannot help but try to immortalize the scene using her camera and use it as a reference for a portrait she planned to decorate their house with.

 

 

 

Irene could just shake her head in return. Her previous annoyance melted in an instant and smiled at Seulgi’s antics before she continue what she was doing before.

 

 

The two resumed roaming around the small village. Interacting with the locals and visiting interesting establishments like the local art gallery and museum, antique shops, and even specialty stores.

 

They walk around for hours eventually watching the sunset on the balcony of their hotel suite. It has proved to be one of their favorite things to do. There is just something magical about seeing the sky painted with different hues. And knowing Irene’s love for the sky and Seulgi’s fascination with art and colors, proved to be something both of them enjoy.  Once done, they spent the night making love with each other.

 

End of flashback

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay as much as I want to hear the details of how the both of you pledge your undying love for each other every chance you get as well as your nightly activities, can we get to the concise part maybe? You know the actual event itself.” Solar interrupted Irene’s musings.

 

 

 

 

“Long story short, we were both in Greece, surrounded by the white walls, overlooking the deep blue ocean and under the warmth of the sun. Yet no matter how beautiful the surrounding is, I can’t help by be mesmerized by Hyun’s ethereal beauty. So in that particular moment, I grabbed the ring dangling from my neck, the same one I wore as my wedding ring before, got down on my knees, and asked her to marry me.” Instead of the woman, it was Kang Seulgi who just emerged from the door and spoke. The sudden appearance of the girl made Irene’s lips curve into a huge smile. Something that Seulgi swore is one of the most beautiful she ever saw. Solar also saw that shine in both their eyes. It almost made her puke with how disgustingly sweet they are but she refrains from doing so. After all, if there is anyone in the world who deserved such joy, it’s these two people standing in front of her.

 

“And I immediately accepted her offer,” Irene interjected stealing a kiss on Seulgi’s cheek who by now is beside her and had one arm wrapped possessively around her waist.

 

 

“Okay spare me the cringe-fest will you two? It’s still a few hours until I can go home and be with my wife so please have mercy on my thirsty and rusty flower down there okay.” The two can just smile at Solar’s use of vulgar words.

 

 

“Don’t you dare laugh at my predicament you two. May I remind you that because of your impromptu vacation and not to mention the whole Jung Il woo fiasco, I barely have time to spend with my wife and do naughty things with her,, Heck I cannot even keep my eyes open once I hit our bed. So instead of getting me jealous with how much you two “reconnected” on that trip, why not tell me ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter