Chapter 14

Baby Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene did not get a wink of decent sleep that night. Her body is tired while her eyes are now puffy because of too many tears yet her body is restless. Not to mention how her mind has been so preoccupied with the thoughts of her wife and her teacher. Every time she tries to close her eyes, images of Seulgi and Tzuyu flooded her mind, and it’s not helping her distraught heart at all. The image of their intertwined hands and how Tzuyu’s lips on her wife’s cheeks along with how the latter has her eyes closed, has been slowly being burned in her mind the same way how it is slowly wounding he heart. She just laid in bed tossing and turning while hugging Seulgi’s pillow, trying to get some comfort from the remnants of her wife’s natural scent on it.

 

 

“I don’t know what to do anymore. I wish are here right now.” She just muttered while hugging the pillow closer. She is jealous and hurt but it doesn’t change the fact that Seulgi’s mere presence can erase all of it. The feel of her wife’s skin against hers as she is encased inside her arms is enough to calm her racing mind. The warmth of Seulgi is more than enough to mend her broken heart.

 

 

Then as she is on her way to get lost in thoughts once again, she heard some kind of noise from outside of her door. Her brain started being confused as it is unusual that anyone in the house would be awake at that time of the day. She glanced at the pink clock on her bedside table and noted that it is just 3 in the morning and her confusion grew even more. Their maids usually get up at 5 so the thought that it is them causing the sound has been long gone but since the house have state of the art security system, she is confident that it is not because of burglars or anyone who has ill intent towards them.  Her eyebrows furrowed as the noise grew closer and closer to her room. Then she heard soft knocks on her door causing her to get out of the covers and to walk closer to it. Since her mind has been occupied, she opened the door which is so-out of her character. Usually, during these circumstances, she would’ve alerted the head of security or any other guards on duty but since she is not in her right state of mind, she did not dwell on those thoughts. Once the door opened, Irene got shocked and thrown off balance when her body got tackled by an unknown force or more like a person’s body. She felt two sturdy arms snaking on her waist as well as the person’s face planted at the crook of her neck. Her whole body stilled but not in a bad way. In fact, her body calmed down from the previous anxiousness it was feeling.

 

 

“Unnie… I’m so sleepy.” She heard the strangers murmur against her neck and she doesn’t need to see the stranger’s face to know who it is. The way her body recognized the stranger’s warmth with a sense of familiarity is enough to deduce who is inside her arms right now. And her heart which was busy breaking into pieces a minute ago is now doing summersaults inside her chest.

 

 

Since when did I become like this when it comes to her?

 

 

She tried to question in her mind but her deep thoughts got sidetracked once again when she felt Seulgi hugging her closer.

 

 

Yes. Seulgi her wife is the one knocking on her door and is also the one who is now hugging her like a koala. And Irene is not one to argue because of it.

“I thought you are gonna stay in Teacher Tzuyu’s house until morning and would just go home later?” She tried to ask, coating her words with confusion and worry instead of the joy and relief that she actually does. A yawn and a soft moan answered her query first before Seulgi almost incoherently mumbled.

 

 

“I don’t know why but I can’t sleep well there. I guess I am missing my bed and how comfortable it is to sleep here. I am not used to sleeping without cuddling.” It was followed by another yawn and the next words Seulgi uttered are so incomprehensible but Irene managed to catch some of it.

 

 

“But mostly, I just missed sleeping with you.”

 

 

And Irene’s previous worries and concern vanished into thin air. Her heart almost leaped out from her chest as her hand unconsciously hugged Seulgi tighter.

 

 

“Let’s sleep now Unnie.”  Seulgi requested. She is already half asleep when Irene, picked her up. Her legs automatically cling unto the older earning a handful of chuckles as Irene brings her to their bed. As soon as their bodies hit the soft mattress, Irene immediately fixed her wife’s position before lying down beside her. She then covered their bodies with the sheets. As soon as the warm cloth hits their bodies, Seulgi automatically leans closer to her then snuggles inside her arm. The younger’s face planted on her neck while her arms snaking into the older’s waist and legs on top of hers. She smiled at the sight and before she even realized, she also leaned forward pulling the younger closer to her. She inhaled a lungful of Seulgi’s scent before planting a soft kiss on her forehead as Irene closed her eyes- drifting off to sleep before she even comprehended.

 

 

 

***

 

The sun is already up and their bedroom is illuminated by its rays when Irene woke up. Her left eye is still half closed when she glanced upon the clock on her table which reads, 9 am.  She remembers how she was last night and smile to herself. How she thought she would not get a wink of sleep but it was far from what happened. Just the mere presence of her wife is enough to ease all of her worries away. Her smile widens at the thought.

 

 

Her reverie is disrupted when the very same girl snuggled closer to her body.

 

 

“It’s still early Unnie. Let’s sleep some more.” She heard Seulgi mumble against her neck. This made her giggle a little bit earning a soft whine from her wife. Not wanting to disturb her wife’s peaceful slumber anymore, she stayed still and just wrapped her arms around Seulgi's body. They stayed like that for a few minutes. Once Irene is sure that her wife is peacefully drifted into her dreamland once more, evidenced by her soft snores, she pulled her body a few inches away from Seulgi to properly look at her wife’s appearance.

Her hand unconsciously started tracing the features of Seulgi’s face. From tucking the stray wisps of hair from her forehead, to her striking monolid eyes, which are always sparkling and full of life, her cute button nose as well as her heart-shaped nostrils, her soft and fluffy cheeks, and finally to now parted a little bit. Irene’s heart started beating erratically as her eyes focused on Seulgi’s plump lips which look so inviting at the moment. She remembered during the first day that her wife came back from the hospital acting like a kid and not caring about anything in the world. The time when Seulgi’s kissed her just so she can get a taste of the coffee that she is drinking. She shook her head in disappointment with her reaction. She shouldn’t have told Seulgi that it is forbidden to kiss her. Because right she will grab any opportunity to taste that luscious lips of her wife. And since it is one of those rare opportunities, Irene’s head started leaning in as she feels her heart thumping wilder inside her chest.

 

 

Closer

 

 

Closer

 

 

Irene shut her eyes as she was mere centimeters away from her goal

 

 

Closer

 

 

Closer

 

 

And once their lips touched, Irene felt her world rocked. She can see fireworks from inside her mind as her ear started hearing different songs about the joys of falling in love and the fact that all of the lyrics of the songs are now starting to make sense for her.

 

 

It was just for a minute or so because Seulgi suddenly shifted her body, pulling Irene out of her euphoria. Her smile was as wide as her ears started becoming red. The sweet taste of Seulgi’s lips as well as how it feels against her own made Irene so ecstatic, addicted perhaps. She opened her eyes as she stares at her wife still in her peaceful slumber. And at that exact moment, Irene reached a decision.

 

 

“I lived my life broken and empty and I would never want to live like that again. Now that you are here with me like this, I will never let you go.  Not in this lifetime or any other lifetimes that we might have. I will do anything to make you stay with me.”

 

 

I love you so much Kang Seulgi.

 

 

***

 

 

Since it is the weekend, Seulgi does not have any classes that day so Irene let her wife sleep some more at home while she is now on her way to her office.  She just told their maids to ask Seulgi to call her once she is awake. She is now on the lift going up to her office floor. She stares at her reflection stares at it before mumbling “You can do it” to herself as a form of encouragement to what she is about to do.

 

 

It has been a long night for her. A lot of painful realizations and silent regrets running on her mind. But as she was staring at Seulgi’s face that morning, Irene finally made up her mind. She finally reached a decision and it’s something that she is sure that she would not regret.

 

 

She heard a “Ding” sound coming from the elevator indicating that she already reached her floor. The door opened and she got out and walked around with the grace and confidence that she usually exhibits. She arrived at the door of her office and saw Joy looking busy in her table just beside it.

 

 

“Good morning Joy”. She greeted her secretary formally.

 

 

“Good Morning Ms. Irene. I already informed Ms. Chou and she confirmed her appointment to you this morning.”

 

 

“Okay. I’ll be waiting at my office. Just let her in once she arrived.” She earned a nod from Joy. She then opened the door and went inside. She dropped her bag in one of her drawers and remove her blazer before putting it in the coat rack beside her desk. She then plopped her body on her chair trying to calm her nerves down. She hopes that after the meeting with Tzuyu today, she can finally put an end to the problem and go back to normal with her wife. She stared at the window overlooking the outline of the blue sky and heaving a deep intake of breath trying to calm herself down.

 

 

“This is it, Irene”. She mumbles to herself.

 

 

Fifteen minutes of waiting but for Irene, it definitely feels longer than that. She heard a knock on her door and Joy’s voice telling her that Tzuyu is already there. Irene gives her a stern “Let her in” before putting on her mask once again. Gone is the soft features on her face, transforming it into the fierce and cold face of CEO Kang that she is wearing right now. 

 

 

The door opened and Joy together with Tzuyu came inside. Her secretary guided the other to sit down on the opposite side of the couch before bowing to her. She just waved her hand as a sign of a silent order to dismiss Joy which she did.

 

 

Irene takes a good look at the woman sitting in front of her. This girl indeed possesses an otherworldly beautiful face.  Soft and smooth skin as well as well-proportioned figure. She is definitely a head-turner and it’s not impossible to make anyone fall for her.  It’s is perfectly okay with her but what doesn’t sit well with her is the fact that this angelic looking creature dares to charm her wife. She would not let I slide because if she is an Angel then Irene Kang is a Goddess. And Seulgi Kang will forever be hers and no one else.

 

 

“May I know the purpose of this appointment Ms. Irene.” The snake politely asked. Her voice dripping with honey but Irene knows better. It is laced with poison that anyone who falls for it will immediately be enticed, attracted and will fall into her perfectly laid down trap.

 

 

“I just called you here to inform you that from now on, you will not be the personal tutor of Seulgi. From now on you are fired from your work effectively immediately. All remaining compensations will be deposited into your account in the following days.” Irene said nonchalantly like it is the most natural thing in the world. She glanced at the teacher in front and smirk as her face showed momentary anger but quickly disappear as soon as it goes. She felt triumphant as she saw how those simple words managed to crack the girl’s façade and rove to her that she is no match when it comes to Irene.

 

 

“I wonder why you are firing me, Ms. Irene. Because from what I know I did not violate any terms and conditions of our contract.” She saw how Tzuyu tried to play it cool which made her cockily smirk even more.

 

 

“Well, I think we perfectly know what it the grounds of your termination. But still, for the sake of clarity, I will indulge your curiosity. Is flirting with your student a valid reason for you.” Irene said with fake enthusiasm but she saw how Tzuyu laughed a little because of what she said.

 

 

“Oh, I do not know what you are talking about there, Ms. Irene?” She tried to deny but Irene is quick to slam the printed pictures to the table. The same picture which she received from Seulgi’s bodyguard last night. She saw how Tzuyu got stunned for a moment.

 

 

“There. I already took the liberty of providing the evidence for you. Despite our contract does not specifically state that flirting is prohibited but I think since it disobeys the laws of morality then  think its a perfect ground for the termination don’t you think.” She paused for a while before clapping her hand and spewing some words again.

 

 

 “I guess this sums it up. Thank you so much for your services. Just close the door once you leave my office.” Irene fixed her dress and almost standing up from her seat when Tzuyu speaks.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter