Chapter 43

Baby Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

POWERHOUSE COUPLE IRENE BAE AND SEULGI KANG FILED FOR DIVORCE

 

It seems the elite couple is now facing the end of their happily ever after. Sources say that representatives of Kang Seulgi were seen this afternoon leaving the Seoul Family Court to file said documents.

 

“It has been a mutual decision of the couple to dissolve their marriage. After careful consideration, they have decided to separate and remain as friends.” Attorney Do Kyungsoo, legal representative of Ms. Kang said in an ambush interview.

 

It has been said that Kang Seulgi would hold a press conference to clarify the issue and to give her official statement sometime this week. So stay tuned.

 

               

Solar almost smashed the screen of the tv in total frustration. She closed her eyes in an attempt to calm herself down. Otherwise, she might really whack the woman sitting calmly in front of her. Hierarchy be damned. Because even if the woman sitting on the couch is her CEO, her apparent decision-making skills are really making her question her God-given intelligence. Because she thought that her words have gone through the woman’s thick skull. She thought that she already paved the way for a smooth sail of their ship. Apparently, it wasn’t and it’s making her frustrated to no end. 

 

“Why did you agree Irene? I thought that you would fight for Seulgi with everything that you got. You know that between the two, you and that Krystal , you clearly have the upper hand. Why did you just sit still and let Seulgi walk away from you like that? You’re married so you have the rights.” She exclaimed exasperatedly yet Irene, who was still looking at the screen absentmindedly. She saw how her friend tried her hardest to put a straight face, to control her emotions and prevent her tears to fall from her then puffy eyes.

 

“I have no choice okay. Even if I want to fight for her, she doesn’t want to. She made it very clear to me.” Irene said in a small voice, far from the commanding one that she usually uses whenever she is inside her office building. And it thugs on her heart a little bit.

 

“How are you sure that it is really what she wants. Maybe Krystal did something… anything. I think something is amiss here. You said so yourself. How can that divorce papers get into her hands?” Solar exclaimed.

 

Irene does think of the same thing initially. She thought that Krystal might have some kind of hold over Seulgi. Because Seulgi did change her mind when she talked with Krystal.  And Solar does have a point. How that divorce paper fell into Seulgi’s hand is another mystery for her?

 

“I signed that paper because I thought that Seulgi is better off without me. That being with me is just torture for her so for once, I wanted to do what I think was the right thing to do at that time. But as I stare at that paper and my signature above my name, I lost it and I became selfish. I convinced myself to give us one last chance. That maybe I can still try, truly try to reconcile with her and to remain married. I cannot let her go like that. I made up my mind to fix everything once I come back from that US. I made up my mind to put an effort into making it up to her so I disposed of the paper. Or at least I tried to. I put it in the stack of papers meant to be shred. The next morning, I was informed that the papers have been properly disposed of. So I have no idea what happened for that document to fall into her hands. “Irene told off what she remembers. True to what she said, during that time she was ready to reconcile with Seulgi. She was ready to patch things up and try to make their marriage real.

 

“Clearly the papers were not disposed and I think it was deliberately sent to Seulgi. I think the mole is closer to us than what we originally know. Otherwise, he or she wouldn’t have known the existence of that paper.” She paused for a moment trying to gather herself when Solar crouched down in front of her, a desperate and frustrated expression on her face.

 

“Which is why all the more that you shouldn’t have agreed to what Seulgi want. You should have explained to her what really happened. I’m sure she would understand.” Solar tried to reason out yet Irene just shook her head in return. 

 

“I don’t think it would’ve made any difference. Because I got down on my knees and pleaded with her. But as I did, I saw something that I would never want to see ever again. Her eyes. They show the amount of pain that she is experiencing. I’ve never seen her that hopeless- that empty since I met her. And then I realized, maybe I’ve inflicted so much pain and suffering towards her that she can never look at me without her remembering them. She can never get way past that, to look at me with love again. And I knew and felt that maybe letting her go would at least alleviate some of those emotions from her. That maybe letting her go is what’s best for her welfare.” Solar can just look at her friend sympathetically. Irene did not deserve such pain in her heart. Why is fate cruel enough to rob her friend that chance to be happy with her true love.

 

True love

 

Because she knows that Seulgi is Irene’s once in a lifetime.

 

The love that you could only experience once in your life.

 

***

 

The day did not get better for Irene, who can barely focus on her work as she just stares at her office window most of the time. Going home is such a burden too as every nook and corner of her house reminds her of Seulgi and how her absence makes the air heavy and suffocating. Paparazzi also flock in front of the gates of both her office building and her mansion. Snapping pictures and even shoving microphones in her face hoping to get a word or any kind of reaction on the news of their divorce.

 

The only consolation that Irene has was the fact that Seulgi’s friends all called her and expresses their sadness over the sudden news. Jennie and Jisoo called her that morning, expressing their sorrow. Even offering to accompany her in the house yet she politely declined.

 

A few other friends including Tzuyu express their support to her.

 

“If there is anything that I can do to help then please don’t hesitate to ask Ms. Irene. You and Ms. Seulgi did a lot for me not just financially but also when you both treated me as a friend.” And this made her heart swell in gratitude.

 

But what surprises her the most was Moonbyul, whom she considered or previously thought would be the most delighted upon hearing the news.

 

“You must think that I would be happy upon hearing the news since from the start, I have been the one who objects your marriage the most. Initially, that was what I thought I would feel too. But surprisingly I was dismayed by the news. Maybe at some point, you did win me over with how much you care about Seulgi. And upon knowing from Solar about what you did, about how you willingly let go o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter