Chapter 15

Baby Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Everything still feels dreamlike and surreal for Irene. It has been years since she lost hope that her love story with Seulgi can still be a reality. She completely loses faith and accepted the truth that she and Seulgi can never be together anymore. But in some kind of plot twist, the moment she thought that she would lose her love forever, the most amazing thing happened.

 

 

I love you too Unnie.

 

 

She wants to pinch or slap herself in a frantic attempt to prove that it is not just a dream. A figment of her imaginative mind created just to save herself from the brink of insanity and utmost desolation.

 

 

She confessed and Seulgi accepted her feeling while professing her own feelings in return.

 

 

“Is this a dream Seul? Tell me that you are real because I don’t know what I would do if it’s just an illusion, a hallucination conjured by my mind.” But Seulgi did not utter any words to answer her. Instead, the younger girl caresses her cheek and leans in so that her lips could capture Irene’s once again. As soon as their lips touch, Irene felt her world explode. The way Seulgi’s lips perfectly molded in hers is making her heart tremble in anticipation, happiness, nervousness but most of all she can feel the love that the two of them shared. Her wife’s lips tasted sweet, like a combination of strawberries and honey. She somehow couldn’t get enough of it. It made her head spin but not in a bad way, but more of an ecstatic and euphoric kind of way. Seulgi ended the sweet liplock but her forehead stayed glued to Irene’s as her eyes gaze at her wife in the most loving way possible.

 

 

“If that kiss feels like a dream Unnie, then I don’t know how to prove to you that all of this is real.” She then grabbed Irene’s hand sitting idly at her side and placed it in her chest, where her heart is situated to be specific.

 

 

“Feel that Unnie. My heart is beating erratically because of you. You are the only one who can make it behave like this.” Irene blushed but at the same time felt completely blissful. But as soon as her mind gets back from the high that she felt awhile ago, Irene is finally hit with confusion. Her mind is filled with so many questions and she wanted some answers for them.

 

 

Why did Tzuyu kiss Seulgi?

 

 

Isn’t her wife falling for her teacher?

 

 

Why does Seulgi have a suitcase with her?

 

 

But before she can utter any words regarding these, the silence of the room is disrupted by a weird grumbling sound. She shifted her gaze elsewhere trying to find the cause of noise only to lock gaze with Seulgi who is now blushing in embarrassment. This is the time when Irene realized where the noise originated from. This discovery made her chuckle in amusement. Trust Seulgi to shift such a serious moment into a hilarious one.

 

 

“It seems like someone is hungry.” Seulgi bowed her head even more at her Unnie’s remark. This earned another series of laughter from Irene.

 

 

“It seems like the baby is hungry. Why don’t we go to the kitchen so that I can finally feed my baby?” Seulgi frowns at the first mention of “baby” but once she realized that Irene said “my baby” in her next sentence, a smile broke from her face.

 

 

“I wonder who that baby is, the one you are talking about?” Seulgi got into her playful self and decided to Unnie about it.

 

 

Irene blushed at Seulgi’s question. It’s not her intention to call Seulgi her baby. It just slips from her tongue accidentally. She tried to brush it off and pretends that she is innocent.

 

 

“I don’t know what you are talking about Seul.” She tried to coolly shrug it off.

 

 

“I’m sure I heard you say it Unnie.” Seulgi probes even more but Irene stood on her ground.

 

 

“No. I’m sure you are mistaken.” Seulgi’s eyes suddenly have this visible glint of mischievousness before she spoke once again.

 

 

“Okay. As you say so. Too bad. I was willing to kiss that someone as a token of my gratitude but I guess no kisses for her tonight.” Irene bit her lower lip once she heard what Seulgi said. The former wanted to blurt out a confession but she doesn’t want to embarrass herself in front of her wife.  The latter saw the hesitation on the older’s eyes and this made her smile to herself. Without even waiting for the older’s response, she snakes her arm around the latter’s waist and pulled her closer so that their bodies touch. Then without even letting a moment slip, Seulgi gave Irene a peck on the lips.

 

 

“I’m just kidding. It doesn’t matter if you call me Baby or not. If you want a kiss then I’ll happily give it to you Unnie.”  And Irene’s swore that heart swells because of those words. Trust Seulgi to make her heart flutter like this and now it seems that her wife knows her effect towards Irene and is using it much to her advantage. But Irene isn’t complaining about it. In fact, she would rather have Seulgi like this to her and only for her. Irene, in a rather playful mood, whispered ily on her wife’s ears.

 

 

“Let’s go eat now Baby.” And she swore Seulgi’s smile was a thousand times wider than what she has earlier.

 

 

***

 

 

The dinner went well, in fact, it was filled with laughs and swoon-worthy moments. Irene actually spoon-fed her wife. The two of them shared the same plate of food as well as the cutleries and it’s not because of the lack of utensils available. Irene became rather playful and sweet that she decided that she would really treat her wife like a baby and would feed her literally. At first, Seulgi was a little shy especially because of the not-so-subtle giggles coming from their maids but Irene paid no mind to this, so she just accepted the gesture.

 

 

Now, they are both in their bedroom ready to go to call it a day. Irene is sitting clad in her pink bunny decorated pajamas with a hairdryer in hand. Once she saw her wife, who just came from the shower, she patted her thighs signaling her wife to sit in there, which Seulgi immediately complied to. Then without wasting anymore time, Irene started drying her wife’s hair. The two did not utter any words and the only sound that disrupts the comforting silence is the sound of the dryer. They stayed like that for quite some time. Both of them engulfed in such a relaxing atmosphere unlike the usual heaviness that silence can bring to them before.

 

“And there. All done.” Irene exclaimed once her wife’s hair is all dried up. Seulgi gets out of her Unnie’s lap as the latter put the dryer into her bedside table. Then the two of them lied down on the bed and cover their bodies. Despite not uttering any words, both of them automatically encased each other’s body in a warm hug. As if that is the most normal thing to do in the world. The air was light and calm, unlike the previous night where it was so suffocating. Yet despite the light atmosphere, Irene’s thoughts are so loud that she cannot help but ask what is bugging her mind. She opened to say something but she did not expect that Seulgi and her to speak at the same time.

 

“Seul…”

 

“Unnie.” Seulgi looks at her hand and beckons her Unnie to go ahead.

 

“You go ahead Unnie.” Despite the number of thoughts occupying her mind screaming to be answered, Seulgi decided to give way to Irene.

 

“I… Are you really planning to leave me?” Seulgi lifted her gaze and found glassy eyes staring right back at hers. It gives a burning sensation on her chest, seeing her Unnie shedding tears once again, but at the same time, the question leaves a vague impression on her mind.

 

“What are you saying Unnie?” Once those words leave Seulgi’s mouth, it is now Irene’s turn to be confused.

 

“Aren’t you going to leave me?” Seulgi shakes her head in response to this.

 

“But don't you have a suitcase full of your clothes with you earlier?” The younger widens her eyes once she realized what her Unnie was talking about. She smiled widely because of it sending Irene in a state of mixed feelings.

 

“I am not going to leave Unnie. Teacher Tzuyu just asked me to pack a few of my old clothes earlier this afternoon. Then when she went out, she texted me to bring to luggage in front of the house so she could pick it up.” The explanation did not help to clarify what just happened. At the back of Irene’s mind, a lot of questions started to be raised because of it.

 

Why did Tzuyu need Seulgi’s clothes?

 

Why did she ask Seulgi to drop it off at their front door?

 

 Is she planning something with my wife?

 

A lot more queries filled her head and as she is drifting into the depths of her mind once again, Seulgi’s question managed to bring her back to reality.

 

“Uhmm Unnie I… Why did you hurt my teacher Unnie? I know it’s not my place to ask but when I saw you slapping her so hard and even hauling threats that I don’t even know you are capable of doing, I don't know anymore. I was so confused and frustrated about it Unnie. My teacher did not deserve that.” Irene swears that she felt a little thug in her heart because of what Seulgi said but she tried her best not to lose her composure.

 

“I know that what I did was beyond the line but I can’t help it Seul. I…” She paused for a moment trying to collect herself while her wife is eyeing her curiously. Seeing Seulgi’s expectant eyes, Irene gathered her wits and spoke.

 

“I… I was jealous. I have been doing my best to win your heart and for the past few days, I feel that she is slowly taking you away from me. Earlier, I was planning to do something special for you and finally confess my feelings but when I saw you with her, I completely lost it. Especially when I saw her kissing you. I mean who she to kiss you like that? No one else is allowed to kiss you other than me. I guess seeing that scene made my blood boil and I just lost control. I know it is completely out of character for me to do that but I will never ever regret what I said especially what I did to her. I’m sorry Seul.” Irene expected Seulgi to be mad and enraged by what she said but what welcomed her is the confused face of the younger. By now, Seulgi’s eyebrows are furrowed while her head is tilted to the side, a clear sign that she is thinking deeply.

 

“Unnie. I don’t understand what you are saying.” Irene is prepared to explain further when Seulgi opened once again.

 

“Unnie. Teacher Tzuyu did not kiss me.” Seulgi defended her teacher and now it is Irene’s turn to be confused.

 

“What do you mean she did not kiss you? Seul, I saw it with my own eyes. Your eyes are closed but I saw how she has her lips on yours.”

 

“Unnie. You must be mistaken. Before you came here, she asked me to close my eyes for a bit. And then the next thing I knew, you slap her and threw threats on her face.” Irene was flabbergasted. She swore that Tzuyu kissed Seulgi but at the same time, she thought hard about it and questioned herself is she mistaken that time? But before she can dwell into it even more, Seulgi continued speaking.

 

 “Everything happened so fast. I was so confused by what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter