Chapter 32

Baby Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 A few days later…

 

 

The sky has been gloomy and the clouds look like will drop its load anytime soon.  In one of the tallest buildings in Seoul, a lady has been staring at the darkened sky, almost cursing at how the weather seems to be mocking her. Because like how the clump of the clouds looks heavy, it somehow mimics her own lingering feelings, making her chest ache and creating turmoil deep inside of her. After the talk she had with Seulgi, she cannot help but be filled with worry. She indeed trusts her wife but it is the latter’s ex that she doesn’t. One look and she realized that Krystal is not as noble as Seulgi’s friends think she is. She knows that the girl’s main objective is not just helping Seulgi recall her past but somewhere along the process, she is aiming to snatch the younger from her. In her idle state, Irene did not notice how her bestfriend has walked inside her office and is openly staring at her for about 5 minutes now. The poor girl almost jumped out in shock like a bunny when Solar’s booming voice disturb her peaceful musing.

 

 

“I am assuming it is another heart problem that is causing you to stare at the sky like that?” She saw how her friend gave a genuine smile once her attention is brought to hers. 

 

 

“Am I that obvious?” Solar wanted to face-palm herself when she heard her friend’s query.

 

 

“Rene I will feel the dark and ominous aura even from the lobby and may I just remind you that we are a few floors from the ground.” She said factually like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

 

 

“I did not appoint myself as your ever-reliable love adviser if I don’t have sound advice on your problems. So I’m all ears. Spill.” Solar made herself comfortable on the couch as Irene did the same beside her.

 

 

“I urged Seulgi to spend time with Krystal so the girl can help her regain her memory.” The CEO decided to share the concise version of her dilemma with her friend.

 

 

“And it’s a problem because?” Irene stared at her friend in momentary disbelief only to be met with the latter’s raised eyebrow.

 

 

“It’s not that big of a problem okay.”  Irene tried to explain but Solar cut her off.

 

 

“I can sense a big- BUT should come after the sentence so don’t try to sugarcoat and just let everything out.” Irene got startled when Solar bangs the table using the palm of her right hand just to prove her point.

 

 

“But… I am worried.” She opened but as she was greeted by the blank look of her friend, she sighed and continued. “Okay. I’m worried that spending time with her ex might not only bring back her memories but also her feelings for Krystal. And to be honest it’s scaring me at wit’s end just imagining losing her again just like that. ” The VP stayed mum and urged Irene to continue.

 

 

“It’s stupid and I know that I am the one who magnanimously told her that I trust her and her love but at the end of this all, I still have doubts over everything. You know me, Yong. I seemed invincible and tough outside but I lack confidence especially when it comes to Seulgi. I don’t want to be without her again but at the same time, I love her enough to let her spread her wings and fly. I will not rob her of the chance to regain what she lost. To recall the past that her accident took away from her. I’ve been selfish before. It’s what made me waste years of our lives that we could’ve been happy together. I don’t want to repeat the same mistakes again. I wanted to be a trusting wife but it doesn’t mean I am not scared less about what I am making her do. Especially when I found out that they are engaged in the past. If our parents did not die and arranged this marriage for us, then who knows what might have happened. For all I know, the two of them might be married and living happily right now.” Irene broke down as her tears fall endlessly.

 

 

Solar looks at her friend both with pity and admiration. Admiration in the sense that this Irene is far cry from the vulnerable woman who is pushing her wife away a couple of months ago. And pity because where she is right now is not an ideal situation to be in.

 

 

“And to think that they just talked for a few hours but it already created such a huge impact on both of us.”

 

 

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

After the encounter with her ex, Seulgi immediately went back home. She was so rattled by what she saw in the flash of memory she just experienced once she saw Krystal’s ring. It made her head ache a bit but it is nothing as compared to that painful thug she felt in her chest. Mixed emotions started filling up her system. Pain…confusion…anger…pity…disappointment and resentment. As soon as she reached the confines of her house, Seulgi fished out her phone. Despite her hands trembling so hard, she managed to compose a message for her wife.

 

 

I talked to her. I am home now.

 

 

And once she hit the send button, Seulgi’s suppressed emotion burst out. The tears she is trying hard to prevent from falling flowed endlessly on her cheeks resembling that of a waterfall.

 

 

Meanwhile, Irene is signing a few papers on her desk but as her hand is busy doing familiar that she already memorized by-heart, her mind has been elsewhere. To her wife to be exact. She has been feeling restless knowing that by this hour, her wife must have been talking to Krystal. Just as she was about to call her secretary to deliver the papers to each specific department that requested them. Once she is done with her task, she picked up her phone and saw Seulgi’s message to her.

 

 

 

I talked to her. I am home now.

 

 

Truthfully the message did not manage to appease Irene’s worry. What it did was elevate it even more. To the point where her hands shakily pressed her beloved’s number for a call. Once it was picked up, the person on the other line did not even manage to utter a word.

 

 

 

“Hello, Seul baby. Talk to me, please. What happened?” Seulgi did not answer the questions immediately and to be honest, it drives Irene over the edge. She is thinking of ditching work right at that moment to go back to her home and be with her wife. The meetings be damned and the papers she needs to read be burned in hell. Seulgi is the most important for her and she can throw everything away for her.

 

 

Don’t worry Hyun. I am okay. Nothing much happened. I’ll just tell you everything when you get home later.

 

 

 

It made Irene anxious but she was mature enough to respect her wife’s wishes. She did not want to force Seulgi t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter