Chapter 33

Baby Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Krystal did not know what she should feel that faithful afternoon. After days of not getting anything from her ex-fiancée Seulgi, she was a little shocked when she received a message asking to meet up at the gallery. She might appear calm and confident when they last saw each other but the truth is she was a nervous wreck inside. Giving such an ultimatum is a clear gamble on her part. The only card she is holding right now is that the ring somehow triggered a flash or memory within Seulgi and it is enough for the girl’s curiosity to be ignited. That somehow it can cause Seulgi to have a little bit of interest in that chapter of her life she shared with Krystal. That somehow, such a tiny bit of memory made an impact huge enough for Seulgi to deem her shared memories with Krystal important to be revisited upon.

 

 

 As she was busy with her musings, the girl in her thoughts arrived with her secretary in tow at the very same gallery where she approaches Seulgi under the guise of being a buyer. Seulgi looks at her sporting an unreadable expression while approaching the chair that she is sitting on. After the fiasco at the party, Seulgi has been more careful with her actions. She always bears in mind to bring Wendy and a few bodyguards whenever she would meet with her ex and it would always be in a private place, away from the prying eyes of the public.

 

 

The two stood before her with a very different look on their faces. Seulgi barely paid attention to her and to be honest Krystal expected the action while Wendy managed to give a formal and curt smile in her direction. The latter wasted no time and unlocked the gallery, and once she did, ushered the two inside. The three were enveloped in silence, that only the sound of their footsteps can be heard.  They went into the visitor’s receiving area of the gallery. Seulgi sitting at her office chair, Krystal taking the seat in front of her, and Wendy occupying the one at the far end of the area, a fair distance from the two and the seat closest to the main door.

 

 

Once they all settled in, Seulgi breaks her silence.

 

 

“I and Irene thought long and hard about this and have taken all of the things you said into consideration. We accept your condition. But take note of this. This does not mean anything when it comes to our so-called “relationship”. I am only doing this for my wife and me. To make our relationship stronger. So you better rid yourself of the idea that I will come back to you, pick you, or anything of that sort. I love Irene and only her.  ” Krystal smiled triumphantly inside but is pro enough to maintain her blank face on. It has been a skill that she mastered through the years and has been proven to be useful especially during this kind of situation.

 

 

“So let’s get straight to the point as I hate wasting time especially when it is time I should be spending with my wife. Tell me the detail of your plan. How are you going to bring back my memories?” Seulgi asked straightforwardly. She didn’t plan to appear this stern and hard on the girl but she needs to put her walls up. Not just for herself but for Irene who is being affected the most by what is happening. Her wife who has been selfless enough to agree in going through this with her. Her train of thoughts is interrupted by the girl’s answer.

 

 

“Honestly, I never had a detailed gameplan for this.” Seulgi almost lost her cool upon hearing those words. He fist pounded on the table creating a huge sound, making Wendy flinch but Krystal did not even blink, unaffected by the display of frustration by the girl in front of her

 

 

“You are so confident barging in my life talking so fondly of this so-called past we shared which I have no interest in, to be honest. You caused a lot of trouble for me and my wife only to tell me later on that you don’t have a formal plan on how to bring my memory back? Are you playing with me? Because if that is the case, I don’t have time for any of this nonsense.” Seulgi burst out and raised her voice expecting the girl to at least flinch but to her shock, Krystal just chuckled instead.

 

 

“Do you know that the reaction you showed me made me remember the first time we met? I never thought that Grumpy Slug would make a comeback after a few years.”  Upon the mention of the nickname, Seulgi started seeing a sudden flash of memory.

 

 

“Can you stop following me and just mind your own business?” Seulgi said in an irritated tone but the girl in front of her just smiled and shrug her off.

 

 

“I’m not doing anything wrong here. I just wanted to be your friend.”

 

 

“I already have enough friends so I don’t need another one. Especially not one who says I like you to me every ing minute.” Seulgi is now seething in anger.

 

 

“One can’t have too many friends. And besides, I am the type of person who always tells what is on her mind and would not care about what others would think or say about it. And my mind and heart are telling me that,  I like you Kang Seulgi, even if you are a big fat Grumpy Slug.” Krystal jokingly added.

 

 

“That nickname…” the bear unconsciously muttered causing the girl in front to smirk inwardly.

 

 

“Yeah, that is what I always call you before we became friends.” Seulgi cannot explain but it sends such a warm feeling in her heart. She stares at the girl to try and look for any trace of ill intentions but she found none. If it’s because Krystal is really being genuine or she is just that good at hiding it, the girl doesn’t know.

 

 

“I don’t have any definite plans because there is really no written methodology on how I can make your memories return. But I can help you by retelling our story. Revisiting places that we’ve been to, not in a physical sense as we cannot just fly to our previous University but like a virtual visit using videos, photos, and the likes. I can also share some of our unforgettable moments, which so far is helping a lot. It’s not the long since we started and you already recalled a few so I’m confident that this would work.”  Krystal saw how Seulgi sighed and a look of reluctance flashed in her eyes. Knowing the girl it will just be a matter of time before she agrees and gives her full cooperation.

 

 

  “Okay then, I’ll let you handle this but mind you that I am still not trusting you. One wrong move and I will stop all of this...” She heard the girl said.

 

 

“You know what, why don’t we play 20 questions as a starter. You can ask me anything you are curious about the past and I’ll answer them. Sounds simple but I think will be effective.”

 

 

“Okay… Might as well try it… So here it goes. When and how did we meet?” Seulgi initiated.

 

 

“It was your second year at the university and a month after the start of classes. I was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter