Chapter 11

Baby Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Wendy and Joy’s relationship took a standoff mainly because Wendy was afraid of committing to a relationship when she is not yet free from the accidental marriage she is involved with years ago. She wanted to have a clean slate. Because of it, Wendy tried to limit her interactions with Joy to a professional which left the latter hurt and frustrated. They went on like this for weeks and were okay with it at first but everything changes when Joy started distancing herself from Wendy.

 

“You know you should stop what you are trying to do Wan.” Seulgi said when she is alone with Wendy. She realized what her friend is trying to do as well as the reason behind this.

 

“I don’t know what you are talking about Seul.” Wendy tried to avoid the topic but Seulgi knows better.

 

“Oh, so you forgot about how you are avoiding Irene’s assistant? Come on Wan I know you. I know how special she is to you so why are you doing this?” Wendy just sighed before answering.

 

“I just want everything to be in order before I court her. I’m still married to someone Seul and it felt so wrong to pursue her when I perfectly know that I’m still attached to someone. I feel like I’m already cheating on her. “

 

“I understand your point, Wendy, because I’m aware of your marriage but she doesn’t. All she knows is that you are avoiding her despite knowing the obvious attraction between the both of you. She must’ve been so confused and would think that you are just playing her.” Seulgi tried to reason out.

 

“But I’m doing this for her. You know what just let me handle this Seul. I know you are worried and I appreciate it.” Wendy insisted and Seulgi cannot do anything but to accept.

 

“Just please sort it out as soon as you can. I’m afraid that she would find someone else while you are busy distancing yourself. She is beautiful and an amazing person. It is not hard for others to notice her. Just think about this. What if when the time you are free and ready to start something with her, she falls for someone else? I don’t want you to be hurt in the end so think about it. Seulgi said meaningfully.

 

Wendy continued what she was doing making herself believe that it is the right thing to do. She was convinced that she can still win back Joy once she is free. But something occurred that made her realized how wrong she was. It happened during the company’s anniversary party.  Seulgi and Irene are both at the venue and as expected, Joy and Wendy too. The married couple walks hand in hand at the entrance of the party, Wendy and Joy behind them. At first, Wendy greeted Joy with a smile on her face but the latter just stared at her coldly.

 

Initially, Wendy just shrugged the gesture, reasoning out that maybe Joy was not in the mood or having a bad day. But as the night deepens, she realized that this may not be the case. Just as she was roaming around the party, she found Joy enthusiastically laughing and talking with a girl whom she realized is the daughter of one of Irene’s business partner.

 

At first, she tried to shrug it off and casually sips champagne. But the girl pulled Joy and whispered something in her ear and she saw how Joy blushed and her face turned red, she lost it. She puts down the empty glass and marched towards the two.

 

Meanwhile, Joy did not even want to be at that party. She did not want to be up all night and smiling at the guests when she is clearly not in the mood to. Especially since the girl that has been confusing her brain and making her system go haywire is there with her. Good thing her friend Yeri came to the rescue. Like her, Yerin has been forced to attend the party when all she wanted was to stay at home and cuddle with her dog.

 

“Yerin-ah” Joy called out her friend who is busy doing something on her phone. The latter immediately shoot up and smiled upon seeing her college friend.

 

“Woah Sooyoung I did not know you would be here.” She received a slap on her arm which causes her to smile even wider.

 

“I told you never to call me that name again.” She rebutted but Yerin just laughed at her.

 

Sooyoung was her original name given to her by her mom. But her mom died when she was very young. Her father, on the other hand, abandoned them before she was even born. Good thing her mom’s sister and her husband adopted her. They changed her name into Joy because according to them she was the joy in their life. Since then she started using Joy. Only a few people special to her knows about her other name. The two continued to catch up with each other and every now and then would banter and playfully slap each other’s shoulders. They are both lost in their own worlds that they did not notice how Wendy is looking at them like wanting to throw daggers at their direction. 

 

Their laughter is interrupted when Wendy suddenly appeared and grabbed Joy’s wrist and pulled her away from Yerin. Both girls are so shocked. Yerin stayed petrified on her seat while Joy was too stunned to even resist being dragged by Wendy.

 

Joy found herself in the secluded area of the garden before Wendy started to stop running.

 

“What the hell are you thinking? Why did you drag me all the way here? Who the hell you think you are? The last time I remembered we are nothing.” Joy shouted at the top of her lungs once her mind processed everything. It sends a painful stab in her heart but she is far too jealous to even care.

 

“I’m sorry for being rude and doing what I did. I know I’m not anyone special in your life. I know that I don’t have the right at all because everything is my fault. But please hear me out.” Wendy pleaded which made Joy mum and just nodded in response.

 

 “The first time I saw you, it’s like has stopped for me. Everything went still and it’s like heaven opened up a spotlight and pointed it in your direction. I was so mesmerized and would rub my eyes a couple of times just so I can be sure that they are not deceiving me. But as time went by I realized that they are not. I said to myself that I am so lucky because I just saw an angel in my direction. And there and then I know that I need to get to know her.” Joy blushed at the statement but she remained quiet.

 

“Every moment I spent with you makes my heart throb but not in a painful way. In fact, my heart always felt ecstatic when we are near or heck even if I saw you from afar. I like you. Your eyes, your hair… everything about you. I can ramble here about everything I like about you and we would not be able to finish it today.  I like you, Joy.  I really like you a lot. ” Wendy blurted out in one breath before taking a lungful of air causing her to pause.

 

“But if you like me then why are you ignoring me? Why are you avoiding me? Because you see I like you too Wendy and what you are doing is hurting me. And I cannot understand how you are saying you like me but acting the opposite. You act like you are so repulsed my presence. Like breathing the same air as I would suffocate you. So how can I believe you? Tell me.” Joy i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter