Chapter 45

Baby Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Ever since that day, Irene never had a decent amount of sleep. Everytime she would close her eyes, the image of Seulgi sipping her wine and raising the glass with the very people who betrayed her. The people who all wanted to take away the company that both her and Seulgi’s parents worked hard for. Irene thought that walking away from her and their marriage would be the most extreme punishment that Seulgi could bestow upon her. It turns out, she belittles the effect that the woman has on her life. Because what she is feeling now is a different kind of betrayal. One wherein symbolizes Seulgi turning her back on her and everything involved in her.

 

Even if it was the hard work of Seulgi’s parents.

 

 

But contrary to other people’s expectations that Irene would wallow herself in misery and depression, what happened does quite the opposite to her. It reignited Irene’s passion and determination.

 

It pushed her to heads with them even if it involves Seulgi.

 

 Especially if it involves Seulgi.

 

 

To be honest Irene has no qualms to hand over the company to her ex-wife. Seulgi have as much right as her when it comes to managing their empire. The younger has as many credentials and training courtesy of her late parents who although let her pursue her chosen career path have also instilled the necessary education to someday inherit their business. 

 

But when Jung Il-woo entered the picture, Irene was beyond frustrated and angry. The very person whom she suspected to have been the mastermind behind their parents’ accident and seems to be the one manipulating Seulgi right now. Irene would not sit still. She will fight them in their own little game. She will match their dirty tactic and underhanded tricks. She will prove to everyone what kind of person Jung Il Woo is as well as make him pay for the lives that she mercilessly took.

 

Then once she cleared out the garbage inside and outside the company, that is when she will hand the topmost position as well as the management to Seulgi. In short, Irene will perform a clean sweep and ultimately step down and appoint Seulgi as the new CEO.

 

As for Krystal, then she will thoroughly investigate the girl’s objective and motives.  If the girl’s intention is pure like what Seulgi insinuated, then she will be by the younger’s side. If she really loves Seulgi as she claims, then she will back them up and let them be happy with their lives.

 

 

So it’s not that surprising that here she is now in her office together with her trusted confidante, Solar, and Joy. The three of them are busy strategizing and sorting out the people that can still be trusted and the ones who made their intentions clear by siding with Il Woo.

 

 

“So first thing’s first. I think that the shareholders that are on Jung Il Woo’s side would push for a meeting aiming to discuss the CEO election agenda in the next few days. A week at most.  They will try to question my leadership and would “act” like they are not satisfied with my work. Once they “convince” the others to push through with it, they will then do everything to secure the quorum of 50%. So far they got almost 45% of the shares. What I need to do is to gather the remaining shareholders to be on our side. Thus, securing the remaining 26% while making them act like they are being swayed by Jung Il Woo. Or better yet, we can convince them to sell their shares to us which we will then sell to our trusted people.” She explained.

 

 

“I and Moonbyul would be on- board with the plan. I already confided with her and she expresses her desire to help. I think Jennie and Jisoo are also willing to buy out the shares and be the shareholder that we need.” Solar said making Irene smile gratefully.

 

“I’m sorry that I cannot help you in that sense. Wendy has access to my money as we are holding a joint account so pulling out a large sum of money would require her knowledge as well as her signature. And I know that my wife is more loyal to Seulgi than anyone.” Joy’s tone becomes apologetic and it thugs on Irene’s heart as she has already considered Joy to be her friend. So knowing that her personal relationship with her wife, Wendy, is being jeopardized by Seulgi and Irene’s dispute is making her guilty. Somehow, Joy sensed this guilt and was quick to reassure her.

 

“Don’t worry about it, Ms. Irene.  Wendy might be my wife but it doesn’t mean that I will condone what she is doing. As a responsible wife, I need to bring her mind out of her and make her realize that blindly following Ms. Seulgi isn’t true loyalty. Because if she cares for Ms. Seulgi then she would do everything in her power to bring her to the right path. Even if it means, being the antagonist in the eyes of her friend. Much like how you are doing right now. You made me realize what loving someone really means. So I am doing this because I care about you and Ms. Seulgi as well as to show my love for my wife who went astray.” She said in conviction as Irene’s determination got fired up even more.

 

“It’s okay that you could not help in that sense Joy. What I want you to do is to find out what happened with the divorce papers and how they ended up in Seulgi’s hands. That person will be our lead in finding out who is the mole inside the company. Thus we can move and plan accordingly.” Joy just nods with it making Irene satisfied. Somehow although it will be difficult, she is confident that she can pull this through.

 

Not for her but for Seulgi.

 

For the one, she loves the most.

 

***

 

But the week that Irene expected for the shareholders to act did not happen. Heck, it did not even take a full day when she is called out for an emergency meeting. The boardroom was full with every shareholder of their company, but what shocked her the most is the presence of Seulgi and Krystal as well as Wendy, who stands behind their seats, on the opposite side of the room. She wasn’t even aware that these people arrived at the building and organized such a meeting behind her back.  Irene was shell-shocked but years of professional experience allowed her to brush it off and act indifferent. She takes her seat. Once she settled down, one of the shareholders and the one who always state her distaste with the way she manages the company, Mr. Yang Hyun-suk spoke.

 

 

“Okay now that we are complete, may we start the meeting.” He spoke in such a boastful manner that Irene can just grit her teeth in silence. Once the whole room turns silent, it was Seulgi who stands up and speak.

 

 

“Hi. Everyone. My name is Seulgi Kang. As all of you know, I am the second-largest shareholder of the company.  I deeply apologize for asking all of you to come here on such short notice and even taking your precious time away. I assure you all that there is a good excuse for it and not a second will be wasted.

 

Many of you might be shocked to see me here since I don’t usually associate myself with the business as I have a career of my own. But with recent happenings in my personal life which is not that much of a secret to all, I’ve decided to have more active participation in handling the business. To those who might question my credibility, may I just remind all of you that like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter