Chapter 4

Baby Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Irene Bae has been used to waking up alone. She follows this routine of waking up, taking a shower, getting dressed and finally going to the company to work. It’s been like that ever since she assumed the position of being the CEO of their company and being married to Seulgi. She always makes sure to be out of the house before her wife wakes up and goes home when her wife is already in her dreamland. It’s lonely and frustrating but that’ just how the way it is.

 

But that’s not the case that particular morning.

 

Irene Bae winced as her eyes are hit by the blinding rays of light coming from her window. It’s now new to her as it’s how her typical morning usually starts. She expected it to b like any other day but as soon as she attempted to stretch her limbs, she realized how wrong she was.

 

She was just trying to move her left arm when she found something restricting her movements. Her fuzzy mind, grow even more confused at the presence of something heavy pressing on her stomach and left leg. She moved her head and body a little to the side and almost screamed at what she saw – Seulgi’s face which is literally inches from hers.

 

“Oh !” She immediately bit her lip and closed her eyes in an attempt to calm her breathing down. It took her about two minutes until her breathing slows down and beating of her heart to return to normal.  She then opened her eyes and unconsciously stares at her wife’s sleeping face.  Her free hand acted on its own and absentmindedly brush the younger ones’ fringe away from her face. She heaved a sigh and just indulge in that exquisite sight in front of her. Her index finger started the Seulgi’s monolid eyes, her button nose, her smooth cheeks, and her plump lips. 

 

You are still very beautiful

 

She unconsciously murmured. Her lips started curving upwards as her mind now travels back to the first time she spent the night with Seulgi when they were kids.

 

Flashback

Joohyun is sitting on the couch, watching tv while waiting for Seulgi to arrive. She just got a call from her own parents saying that the younger girl will spend the night in their house since Seulgi’s parents are out of town. Instead of letting the latter sleep with just the maids in their house, the two sets of parents just agreed for the children to have a sleepover. The two girls were both ecstatic about the idea. Joohyun’s musings are interrupted when she was momentarily thrown against the couch by a sudden impact. She would’ve raised her voice and scold whoever is responsible for it, only to hear a very familiar giggle.

 

“Baechu Unnie, I missed you a lot. It’s been two days since we last saw each other. I hate weekends before because we cannot see each other during those times. I always want to go to school so that we can play and spend time with each other. But now I love weekends because we can do sleepovers like this whenever our parents are on business trips” Seulgi said while rubbing her cheeks against Joohyun’s. The latter just smiled at the younger one’s touchiness.  She opened her arms wider and engulfs the girl in a huge warm hug.

 

“I missed you to Ddeulgi. Come, let us put your bag in my room.” Joohyun tried to stand up so the two of them can go to her room but Seulgi shook her head in protest.

 

“Let’s just stay like this first Unnie. I like how warm you are and I really like smelling your lavender perfume.” Seulgi nuzzled her face against Joohyun’s neck while the latter just let the younger do as she wishes. Seulgi’s clingy nature is not new to her and deep inside she is also enjoying the gesture because, in contrast to what Seulgi said, the younger girl is the one who is warm- like a teddy bear and who smells really good.

 

The two stayed like that for about two minutes before Seulgi disentangles herself from the hug and held Joohyun’s hand, silently asking her to take her to the older’s room. Joohyun, understanding the message, proceeded to walk towards the room’s direction.

 

As soon as the door opened, Seulgi immediately plopped down into Joohyun’s massive bed. She grabbed a pillow and hugged it close to her face, inhaling the older’s scent which is still embedded in it.

 

“Hey put down my pillow” Joohyun tried to snatch the fluffy cushion but Seulgi just nuzzled her face more into it.

 

“No, I love how this pillow smells so this is mine now.” She then sticks her tongue out to her friend whos just concede and plops her body beside the former. Seulgi smiles triumphantly as the older’s defeat yet she did not expect a barrage of tickles coming her way. The younger girl reluctantly let go of the pillow as her hands are now busy trying to stop Joohyun and blocking out the fingers torturing her. she was laughing non-stop which earned hearty smiles from Joohyun too.

 

“I give up. I give up.” Seulgi said while panting. Both she and Joohyun are breathless and just lying down on the bed trying to stabilize their breathing. The two get into a comfortable silence for a few minutes before, Seulgi gets up holding Joohyun’s hand- making the latter get up with her.

 

“Let’s watch a movie Unnie. I bought some VCDs of cartoons that we can watch and enjoy tonight.” Joohyun nods enthusiastically. The two then went to the kitchen first to ask the maids to prepare some snacks before going to the theater room to watch the movies. The two managed to finish two movies before the two of them decided to call it a night.

 

The two of them brushed their teeth, with Seulgi making Joohyun laugh by playing with the toothpaste. She made a toothpaste mustache and started talking all adult-like and even acting like Santa Claus making Joohyun laugh out loud. It took them about twenty minutes inside the bathroom just for brushing their teeth because of Seulgi’s playfulness.

 

Now the two are lying down in Joohyun’s bed getting ready to sleep. Joohyun was just closing her eyes when she felt some movements on her left. She moved her body to face that direction, only to see Seulgi putting down a few pillows on the space in between them.

 

“What are you doing Ddeulgi?” She asked which almost made Seulgi jump from the bed.

 

“Oh God! You scared me Unnie. Please don’t do that again.”  Seulgi said while holding her chest with her right hand.

 

“Okay sorry for that. But what are you putting all these pillows here?” She then pointed at the wall of pillows beside her.

 

“You are used to sleeping alone Unnie so I’m thinking that you might be uncomfortable sharing a bed with someone so I’m just making sure that you can sleep well.” Seulgi reasoned out while smiling reassuringly.

 

“I only sleep alone because I do not have anyone who can sleep with me.  Besides I love cuddling especially with you so I can be more comfortable if I am close to you while sleeping.” Joohyun might be cold outside to those who do not know her because of the way she was brought up. But when it comes to Seulgi, she can be an adorable clingy bunny.

 

“Oh is that so… hehe” Seulgi proceeded to remove the pillows beside her, putting it above their heads before snuggling clos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter