Chapter 6

Baby Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It is a sunny day and in one of the most prestigious villages in Seoul, in the Kang’s mansion in particular, a certain girl has been up on her feet and is pretty much filled with excitement. Seulgi keeps glancing at the room, Irene’s room to be exact waiting anxiously for the older girl to come out of it.

 

“We are going to the mall… we are going to the mall”. The monolid girl sings some random song while running back and forth in the living room.

 

“Come on Unnie. Please come out.” She almost jumped in glee when Irene came out of the room wearing casual clothes unlike the business and corporate suits she is usually wearing.

 

“You look beautiful Unnie,”  Seulgi said in the sincerest tone she could muster as her hand automatically held Irene’s own. The latter on the other hand felt her cheeks get flushed with the words her wife uttered and she suddenly find the warmth on her hands. Nostalgia suddenly filled her system as she remembered how the same warmth always filled her up when she was younger. How Seulgi never failed to make her feel safe and secured with just the simplest gesture that she does.

 

Don’t worry Unnie I will never let go of these hands no matter what happen.

 

Seulgi’s words from years back invaded her mind. And it left a bitter taste in .

 

You already did. You already let go of my hands and left me alone.

 

She cannot help but frown upon realizing what happened in the past. The broken promises, the unanswered messages and calls and ultimately how Seulgi left and cut all ties with her. Her heart hurts upon reminiscing the painful events of her life. She woke up from her trance and would have taken her hand from the younger’s hold but as soon as she glanced at her face, her heart feels conflicted. Because the Seulgi standing in front of her is not the same Seulgi that she married.  The Seulgi who would not smile but is always there Instead, this Seulgi is the same Seulgi who will hug and keep her warm in her sleep, the Seulgi who will always prioritize her over anything else.

 

The Seulgi who is still in love with her.

 

“I’m so excited to go to the mall Unnie.” Seulgi’s words pulled her out of her musings. And her previous trepidations are replaced by amusement and joy. She decided to just let Seulgi became like this with her because now, the two of them only have each other.

 

“Yes, we are. We will buy you a lot of things including clothes, toys and a cellphone too.” Since the cellphone Seulgi is using has a password in them that no one else can open it for now. Irene just keeps it with her for now and just settled to purchase another one for Seulgi to use. It is also one of the ways that Seulgi can be assured that even Irene goes to work, the younger can always reach her.

 

Just in time, Wendy and Joy arrived at the mansion. The four of them occupied Irene’s car. Joy is sitting beside the driver while Seulgi, Irene and Wendy occupied the back seats. Seulgi immediately seated near the window and excitedly glances outside while her body is gently swaying from left to right.

 

“Ddeulgi say still for a minute.” She said softly and the young girl immediately complied which amuses the two other occupants of the vehicle. Irene then leaned in and buckled up the girl’s seatbelt.

 

“Thanks, Unnie.” The bear-like girl said with a huge smile on her face which Irene answered with a smile of her own. She then went back to her seat as soon as the task is done but the gestures did not go unnoticed by the two secretaries especially Joy who is low-key surprised that her boss could be this sweet and caring. Well since the Irene she knows almost never smiled and is always stone-faced and cold especially if her game face is on. Wendy, on the other hand, is internally grinning wide. She knows Seulgi for a few years now and she is not insensitive to know some of the ordeals that the younger is experiencing especially when it comes to her marital situation. Plus, years with Seulgi gave her the ability to read the girl like an open book so she knows that Irene is special to Seulgi so seeing the latter being treated like this instead of the obvious cold treatment before is such a sight to behold for her and she is genuinely happy for her boss slash friend.

 

“Ms. Son, what time is Seulgi’s appointment to the hospital today?” Wendy’s deep thoughts were interrupted by Irene and the former cleared before answering.

 

“Ahh yes Ms.Irene, Dr. Kim already freed her whole day so she said we can go anytime we can.”

 

“Okay then we will go there first and then we will go to the mall after. Make sure to inform the bodyguards about this. I also don’t want any paparazzi to know what we are up to today or if they miraculously did, I don’t want them within a hundred feet from where we are otherwise, prepare any lawsuits necessary. They should know by now that our privacy is always a serious business for me.” Irene said the last part with as much coldness as she can which made the two shivered on their seats. Well, Irene Bae is a coldhearted monster if she wants to.

 

“Unnie look! It’s a cute teddy bear in the middle of the streets.” Without even a second and Irene’s head whipped to the same direction as Seulgi’s and saw the huge bear in front of the famous Bear museum. She just smiled at Seulgi’s enthusiasm. She leaned in and found herself engaged with the view outside.

 

The whole ride is filled with animated reactions from Seulgi while Irene explained each and everything that captured the former’s attention.

 

***

About half an hour and they arrived at the hospital. They are instantaneously led to the entrance reserved for VVIP patients and Irene silently commends the hospital for it. They are then directed to one of the lounges reserved for such guests. After a short wait, a nurse arrived with the intention of picking up Seulgi but as soon as she was a step from the girl, Seulgi shook her head and tears started forming at the side of her eyes.

 

“Please, Unnie I don’t want to go. Those tests hurt. Please don’t make me go. I promise I will be good and I will always obey what you said. Please don’t make me go.” Seulgi held Irene’s hands and looks at her pleadingly and it broke Irene’s heart to see the younger in such a state once again. Her chest ache when she realized how Seulgi has been all alone in the hospital during those 3 weeks that she was away.  Wendy might be with her but the secretary has a lot of things to take care of during that time so the girl must have been alone most of the time.

 

“Seulgi, they just need to do those tests to make sure you are alright.” But Seulgi s her arms in her neck holding her shirt tightly in her fists. Her head continued shaking and her cries now turned to wails.

 

“Please Unnie. I’m okay now. I don’t need any more tests. Let’s just go home. I promise I will be a good girl and will not be a brat. I promise not to throw tantrums when you go to work. Please Unnie.” Irene sighed and caresses her back. She signaled the nurse to wait for a while and gestured that she will take care of it. The nurse understood and went out first to give them privacy.

 

“Seul… Ddeulgi bear. I know those tests hurt and I don’t want to see you hurting but you need those tests. I want to be completely sure that your body is healthy and you are not sick anywhere. Remember that you are in an accident a few weeks ago. I just want to make sure that there are no other effects on your body. I promised you that I will take care of you right?” She is answered by a nod with Seulgi’s head still leaning against her body.

 

“I cannot do that if I don’t know what’s wrong. The doctors will find out if there is anything wrong with you so in turn, they can tell me how to properly take care of you. I don’t want to see you get sick”

 

“Or do you want to bring back Sluggy Unnie because you are tired of me? Don’t you want Ddeulgi anymore Unnie?” Irene’s resolve and attempts to stay calm and composed are thrown out of the room as Seulgi uttered those words. The way her voice cracked send Irene’s emotional walls to crumble down.

 

“Seulgi, even if you are Sluggy or Ddeulgi, you two are both important to me. You are both Seulgi and I always want the best for you. So please just bear with it for me. I’m sorry that you need to get hurt by those tests but I promise to be there with you. I will never let you be harmed in any way. Where is that Seulgi that always protected me when we are young? I know you are strong and brave. Okay how about this, I will be with you through all of those tests so you won’t be afraid anymore.” Upon hearing those words, Seulgi lifted her head up and she was greeted by Irene smiling reassuringly at her.  she contemplated for a while but I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter