Ddeulgi's Vlog # 2 : Girlfriend or Bestfriend Challenge

Baby Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ddeulgi’s Girlfriend or Bestfriend challenge (in Filipino: Jojowain or Totropahin challenge)

 

Disclaimer: This is not related to the plot and the sequence of the events in the story so don’t get confused on why Seulgi is in any uploaded videos when she is in fact forbidden to reveal herself in public because of her amnesia.

 

 

In the ever-popular Kang Mansion in Seoul well in a cozy-looking room to be specific, a certain bear is looking doubtfully at a small young girl resembling a turtle while the latter is busy fixing and setting up a phone’s camera in front of them.

 

 

Ddeulgi: Why am I here again Yeri???

 

 

Yeri: I need to make a video as my project in school and you are the perfect person to be in it.

(But at the back of her mind, Yeri is praising herself for coming up with the idea of doing this challenge with Seulgi for she is sure to gain lots of views and followers even endorsements once she uploaded the video on her youtube channel. She decided to do an Instagram live for now to create a hype and will upload it in youtube afterward.)

 

 

Ddeulgi: Is this really necessary to help you?

 

 

Yeri: Yeah I really need to do this. It would really be beneficial for my future.

(She then pretended to wipe her imaginary tears.)

 

 

The poor bear can feel her heartache once she saw how Yeri is tearing up so she just nodded her head but as soon as she did, Yeri just shouted a loud “Yes” before resuming what she was doing without any evidence of her pitiful state a second ago. As soon as she finished setting up the camera, she sits in her swivel chair in front of Seulgi who is already comfortable in her own seat.

 

 

Yeri: So this is just a simple challenge as a somewhat social experiment. I will say names and show you pictures of people. Then you will tell me if you want them to be your girlfriend or your bestfriend.

 

 

 

Ddeulgi: No I won’t do it. I don’t want Joohyun Unnie to be mad at me.

 

 

Yeri: It’s just for my project and I’m sure Ms. Irene wouldn’t mind it since it is for educational purposes. So don’t worry. Just relax and answer the questions truthfully.

 

 

Ddeulgi: (Although a little doubtful just nodded.) Okay, you win. Let’s get this over with.

 

 

Yeri: Okay. So remember that this is just for a school project so you can answer truthfully.

 

 

Yeri then brings out her cue cards to officially begin the challenge.

 

 

Yeri: Hello everyone I’m the ever beautiful, ever-talented, everything anyone could wish for and the for-ever of the luckiest person in the world. Kim Yeri. For today’s video, we will be doing the Girlfriend or Bestfriend Challenge with our resident cuddly bear Kang Ddeulgi.

 

(The camera pans to the bear)

 

 

Yeri: Say hello to everyone.

 

 

Ddeulgi: (Who successfully masked her nervousness and apprehension is now smiling wide against the cameras while waving.) Hi everyone.

 

 

Yeri: Okay let’s get started. First one is Kim Jennie (Yeri showed a picture to her)

 

 

Ddeulgi: Isn’t she my doctor??? (whispers) And I think she is married.

 

 

Yeri: It’s an experiment so we don’t look at the status of the girls okay.

 

 

Ddeulgi: Okay then I think I will go with Bestfriend since she looks scary so I don’t think we would get along well.

 

 

Yeri: Isn’t Ms. Irene scary too?

 

 

Ddeulgi: Hmm No. Joohyun Unnie is an angel so she isn’t scary at all. (Remember Irene’s face and blushes hard)

 

 

Yeri: Next is Kim Jisoo (Yeri handed her a picture of Jisoo)

 

 

Ddeulgi: Oh they have the same family name? (Looks at the picture more carefully) She kinda looks like Joohyun Unnie so I think I want her to be my Girlfriend.

 

Meanwhile…

 

 

Irene just came out of the conference room after her scheduled monthly board meeting. She opened the door in her office when she saw Joy watching something in her own tablet. She would’ve just shrugged it off but a familiar voice caught her attention.

 

 

“Oh, they have the same family name?”

 

 

Irene: Isn’t that Seulgi’s voice?

 

 

“She kinda looks like Joohyun Unnie so I think I want her to be my Girlfriend.”

 

 

Irene was so struck by what she heard that her mind only processes the word “girlfriend”

 

 

On the other hand, Joy was just scrolling her Instagram feed when she received a notification that Kim Yerim is doing an Instagram live. She got a little shocked that it will be Seulgi and Yeri in the video and worse, she did not expect it will be that famous Girlfriend or Bestfriend challenge. She was so into watching when she felt the temperature of the office dropped tremendously. She felt the hair at her nape standing up while goosebumps started appearing on her arms. She looked up from her device to see a sinister-looking Irene staring straight into her soul.

 

 

Irene: What is that you’re watching?

 

 

Joy: (Gulps nervously at her boss) Uhmm it’s a live broadcast of Yeri and Ms. Seulgi.

 

 

Irene: And what are they doing?

 

 

Joy: They are doing that Girlfriend or Bestfriend Challenge, Ms. Irene.

 

 

Irene: And care to explain what is that challenge? (With this devilish aura around her)

 

 

Joy: Yeri is giving Ms. Seulgi names of persons then showing their pictures to her. She then will decide if she wants them to be her girlfriend or bestfriend.

 

 

Then Seulgi’s voice echoed on the device once again.

 

 

“She is really pretty so Girlfriend.”

 

 

And Joy swears she saw the Devil standing before her in the body of Irene Kang who is sure that the entire thing is a scheme made by Kim Yeri because her Seulgi will never do such a thing on her own.

 

 

***

 

Back at the mansion, Yeri and Ddeulgi are still doing the challenge.

 

 

Yeri: The next one is Lisa Manoban of the group Blackpink. She is their main dancer.

 

 

Ddeulgi: She looks funny and entertaining plus a great dancer so Bestfriend.

 

 

Yeri: Okay next is Jeon Somi of IOI

 

 

Ddeulgi: She has this playful aura around here and she is really pretty so Girlfriend.

 

 

Yeri then gave some fruits to Ddeulgi to eat while she checks the stats of their broadcast. Her eyes gleam when she saw that they are now at a million viewers and the comments keep on flooding. But she notices an account keeps sending hate comments towards her.

 

 

_imyour_joy: Stop this nonsense right now.

 

_imyour_joy: You won’t like it when I get really angry

 

 

Yeri just ignored her and continued the challenge.

 

 

Yeri: Next is Joy Park which is Ms. Irene’s assistant.

 

 

Ddeulgi: hmmm she is beautiful, y but she is quite scary so just Bestfriend.

 

 

***

Joy sighed in relief when Seulgi said that she will just be a bestfriend. She glanced at her side and saw how Irene has her poker face on. Truthfully she almost peed her pants when Irene was typing her reply earlier in a state of rage. She thought that the screen of her tablet will be smashed into pieces with how forceful Irene is dabbing her fingers in it.

 

 

Irene: Damn you Kim Yeri. I swear when I get my hands on you. I will skin you alive.

 

***

 

Yeri: Here is another idol for you. Hwasa of Mamamoo (she then showed a very y photo of Hwasa to Seulgi)

 

 

Ddeulgi: She looks scary so I think she will just be my Friend.

 

 

Yeri: The next one is Seolhyun of AOA. She is not just an actress but a kpop idol too.

 

 

Ddeulgi: She looks so beautiful and very talented. Girlfriend

 

 

Yeri: Oh this person is one of my favorite. She is Seohyun of SNSD. She is an actress, humanitarian symbol, dancer, singer, and a very smart person.

 

 

Ddeulgi: She sounds like quite a catch. She is so pretty too. She looks like an angel from heaven. Definitely Girlfriend.

 

 

***

Joy swears she can witness doomsday coming soon.

 

Irene: She sounds like quite a catch???

She is so pretty too

She looks like an angel from heaven.

Definitely girlfriend.

Girlfriend…

Girlfriend…

 

 

Girlfriend!!!!

 

 

Irene: I will burn you to hell Kim Yeri. You will wish that you have never been born into this world. (Laughs maniacally)

 

 

Irene: Joy prepares the car. I have someone to assassinate.

Joy immediately went out to inform the driver to prepare the car. While Irene grabbed her bag and gripped the tablet securely on her hands as she continues watching while thinking of ways to murder Yeri in her mind.

 

***

 

Yeri: Okay next is Amber of f(x).

 

 

Ddeulgi: She looks handsome so Bestfriend. I don’t want someone who is also handsome.

 

 

Yeri: So the next one is Wendy Unnie.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter