Chapter 16

Baby Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Irene has been sitting in her car ready to go home. The amount of work drained her energy but the huge smile on her lips and the swelling of her heart due to extreme happiness can still be mirrored on her glowing face. Well who wouldn’t be, if you found out that the love of your life has been loving you unconditionally and her previous enemy whom she thought will steal Seulgi from her turned out to be an ally. Not just any other ally but some angel sent on earth to help her finally be the one she love. To top it all, she just gained another trusted friend. As she recall the day with a huge smile on her face, she drifts back to what she found out earlier as well as what the three of them planned for the summer.

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

After the talk she had with Tzuyu and Solar, the rest of the day became uneventful for Irene. Later when the confrontation and confession was done, she invited the two for lunch which they gladly accepted. They dined in a nearby restaurant and talked about a variety of topics.  One of such topics is about what Tzuyu said about Seulgi’s condition and understanding about the things happening in her surroundings.

 

 

“Uhmm Ms. Tzuyu, about what you said earlier about Seulgi is not as innocent as she appear to be?”  Irene decided to open up the topic.

 

 

“Oh, drop the formalities, Ms. Irene. Just call me Tzuyu.” She said with an enthusiastic tone making Irene nod in approval.

 

 

“Going back to your question, let’s just say that Seulgi is excelling well in her lessons. How will I say this, Uhmmm. The knowledge she learned before is still embedded in her mind. She did not need to learn it step by step like how the typical student is learning. So what we are doing now, is not teaching her what she needs to learn or know, but rather we are triggering her mind to remember what she already learned before. Well, I kinda noticed it during the first week, I tutored her. Usually, other kids will have an hour or so dedicated to a lesson to learn it but in Seulgi’s case, we will just go over a lesson for about 15 to 30 minutes or so before she would go do it on her own. So at that rate, she can accomplish a week’s worth of lessons in just 2 days.” Irene nodded at this. And then Tzuyu’s mouth formed a lopsided grin while both of her eyebrows shot in the air.

 

 

“Plus as a part of my value-added services, I might have taught her a thing or two about relationships, marriages, and a little foresight about and lovemaking.” Irene almost choked on her saliva while Solar laughed so hard upon hearing this.

 

 

“What?” She rose from her seat as her voice also raise a few octaves from her original tone.

 

 

“Oh yeah. I did teach her a few things about the concept of , pregnancy as well as marriage. So when I said that Seulgi is not that innocent, and I meant it literally.” Irene was flabbergasted by such a revelation. Tzuyu just casually sipped her drink while Solar on the other hand proudly placed her head in her chest.

 

 

“I really did the best thing when I hired you to do this.” Solar bragged before she turned to Irene who is now sweating a lot while blushing so hard.

 

 

“Congratulations my friend. Your decade-long drought will finally end. Wohooo here’s to a bright and action-packed life with Seulgi. Gosh If I am not yet married to Byul, I might have wished for even a one-night stand with your wife. Imagine, she has a very handsome face, strong sturdy arms, and her abs are to die for.” Solar laughed when she felt a hard smack on her shoulder and a fuming Irene glaring hard at her.

 

 

“I dare you to continue those dirty thoughts about my wife and I swear that you will lose your job this instant.” Irene spits out with venom dripping on her voice making Solar laughed even more.

 

 

“You are so cute when you are jealous,  Rene. Too bad your threats won’t work on me.” Irene just glared at her even more but her demeanor started being laid-back. The two continued their playful banter and Tzuyu just watched them with a smile on her face. Minutes went by and Solar and Irene finally noticed her and that’s when an idea struck Solar

 

 

“You know what,  I like this atmosphere between the three of us.” She then shut and looks as if she is contemplating something.

 

 

“I don’t like that look on your face Yongsun. The last time you have that face, you did one of the most embarrassing things on the planet.” Irene said but Solar just shrug her off.

 

 

 

“I suddenly have a nice idea.” Irene just facepalmed herself at her sudden exclamation. She really has a bad feeling about this so she shook her head in retaliation.  Solar understands what her friend's gesture is about but she is determined to voice out her idea so she spoke once again.

 

 

“Uhmm You do know that my wife Byul and Tzuyu’s fiancée Jeongyeon are part of Seulgi’s squad right? Together with Wendy, Dr. Jisoo, and one other member.” She got two nods as a response to it.

 

 

“Why don’t we go on vacation altogether. I mean for us to have some rest from our hectic lives as well as some bonding time between the squad and their significant others. We can invite Wendy and Joy plus Jisoo and Jennie to join us. I think it will be good for Seulgi to have a mini-reunion with her squad, you know so that she can somehow rediscover what she is like back then. While at the same time we can also hang out with the others to also establish a bond since we are all interconnected with each other. What do you think,  girls?” Solar asked the other two.

 

 

“I think it’s such a great idea. Jeongyeon will be coming home a few weeks from now so it can also act as a welcome home party for her. I’m sure she will be so happy to reconnect with her squad. So I’m in.” Tzuyu was quick to accept the idea. As soon as she finished speaking, Solar and her eyes drifted into the shorter girl who seems to be lost in thoughts.

 

 

“Okay. I guess I judged you too quickly. Sorry about that. I think it’s a wonderful idea for us and Seulgi. Plus a breath of fresh air for all of us away from our demanding jobs and profession. We all need to have a change of scenery, especially my wife who hasn’t gone out that much since the accident. So yeah, I think we can do that. And as I token of my gratitude to all of you, I’ll be the one to prepare for the airfare and accommodation.” This earned a series of cheers and high- five from the two. Irene also smiled at the thought of some relaxation time for her.

 

 

After the meal, the rest of the day became even more monotonous. Aside from a meeting and countless papers to sign, the afternoon was rather boring for Irene.   

 

 

 

End of flashback

 

 

 

 

Due to her brooding, Irene did not notice that they already arrived at the mansion. If not for the soft voice of her driver calling her attention, she would’ve continued staring into the window of the car. She got out of the vehicle but not before thanking her good old driver.

 

 

She expected to see Yeri and Seulgi in the living room watching a movie or doing some of the childish kinds of stuff she usually did, so she has plastered a huge smile on her face expecting to see the duo cutely interacting. But as soon as she opened the door, she was greeted by stark silence. She shrugged it off thinking that maybe the two are just in one of the rooms. So she juts plopped her bag into the couch and walk towards the kitchen. As she takes steps towards the kitchen, she heard some noises of persons talking. She walked over and decided to take a peak only to see Seulgi and Yeri playfully bantering while sitting in front of the oven.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter