Chapter 40

Baby Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It’s been a few days since Seulgi has that two distinct dreams each with Irene and Krystal. Seulgi admits to herself, it did make her feel good that each dream have such happy endings and worked out well for the three of them in the end. And upon seeing that dream, her mind seems to be reaching a state of clarity. She read the journal and had more than enough time to ponder on everything. Her memories of the moments with Krystal have gradually come back because of it and helped her a lot in making a decision. She finally made her mind and her heart already knows who it wants to be until the end.

 

But before she told the girls about her decision, she needed to sort something out. That is why she is now in her gallery, clad in her favorite orange jumpsuit which actually makes her look like an inmate in jail, but all inhibitions aside are actually what she usually wore whenever she produces her work of arts.

 

In front of her is the unfinished canvass that captures her attention when she first time setting foot at this gallery, well technical that is the first time since her accident. Truth is the dream she had made her recall this mystery painting. So she decided to finish this first before finally revealing her choice. A simple move to commemorate such a life-changing decision for her. So with a smile on her face, Seulgi guided the brush with her hand as she makes what might be one of the greatest pieces she would ever make.

 

***

Solar swore that she knows her friend Irene from inside and out. She knows her business side as the cold yet formidable CEO of a multinational company. She has also seen her as the playful bunny with a really loud grandma laugh. She is even confident that she can tell her friend’s mood just by a single glance. So she instantly knows that something good must’ve happened because Irene seems to be giving off a positive aura that particular day. Although the huge bags in her eyes as well as her gaunt appearance seemingly from lack of sleep and forgone meals is still visible, the way the woman’s lips curved upwards even just a bit is a clear indication of it. And she is aware that only one person can make her friend this happy.

 

“Okay, so as your self-professed love adviser I am boldly assuming that something good must’ve happened to you and Seulgi. So spill.  I am inkling to know the real score between you and Seulgi. I mean have you already achieve victory? Did she made her choice?” Solar did not miss the way her friend, looks up from the stack of papers she was reading as her eyes sparkled a bit at the last name she mentioned.

 

“Well not totally. Seulgi is still weighing things. No definite choice from her. But let’s just say that she is dropping some not-so-subtle hints to me that this will be over soon and that she will choose me.” Upon the mention of such words, her mind was brought back to just the other night where her beloved showed such actions.

 

Irene knows that Seulgi is the person hurting the most in their situation. In fact, she saw her wife one night, crying her heart out while holding the very journal that she found and read. The morning after that, she would catch Seulgi looking at her with a mixture of guilt and regret which she always tries to reciprocate with a smile and a nod of understanding, trying to appease the younger and silently telling her that she understands. It also gave her a bit of hope when something happened just last night.

 

She arrived home later than usual because of the amount of work she has finished. She has expected her wife to be in the confines of her room as it was way past her bedtime. Only to find the said woman on the couch staring blankly at the wall. It seems that the bear was not even aware of her presence, giving her a chance to study her beloved's face. Seulgi obviously lost some weight. Her eyes have sunk maybe from a lot of sleepless nights she usually spent crying. It pains her to see such drastic change to the usual vibrant face of Seulgi but she understood that it’s something that they cannot avoid anymore. Prolonging such a decision can just hurt them more in the long run.

 

“It’s late. You should go to bed. You look exhausted.” She tried not to sound too worried, trying to create a bit of a distance from them. She saw Seulgi’s eyes started getting misty, but she willed herself not to give in. God knows how much she wanted to wrap her arms around the frail girl, whisper words of comfort and assurance towards her while she wipes away those tears staining her wife’s beautiful face. But Irene forced herself not to. Not when she promised herself to give Seulgi space and as much as she needed to be.

 

With as much resolve as could muster from deep within her, she willed herself to turn around and widen the distance between them. Suddenly, she felt frail arms wrapping themselves on her body and her back being soaked up with something warm. She can also feel little trembles which surely are muffled sobs coming from Seulgi

 

“I’m really exhausted so please just let me be like this for a moment. I miss you so much. I really do.” And it made her resolve to crumble to ashes. All her inhibitions were thrown at the deepest part of the earth. She then placed her hand on the arm tightly s around her waist. She pulled the tightly clasped hand apart before turning around to directly face the younger. Irene saw how Seulgi’s eyes turned dull and lifeless at the act but she is quick to wrap said hands to her waist again while doing the exact same thing with her own.

 

“I miss you too. A lot. We can stay like this for as long as you want.” She felt a head latched against her neck. They stayed like that for a while. No words needed to be said. Just both of them in each other’s arms like this is enough. They bask in the lingering silence while letting their warmth comfort each other. If it was Irene, she wouldn’t want to disturb such a perfect moment yet it was Seulgi who did when she suddenly spoke.

 

“I’m sorry for being slow to make a decision. Please bear with me for a little bit.  I swear that it won’t be that long anymore.” But Irene shook her head softly.

 

“Take your time. No one is forcing you to decide. It’s something that cannot be determined just overnight. So don’t worry. Like I already told you. I’m willing to give you as much time and space as you need.” Then it was she felt a soft kiss on her temple.

 

“Thank you for understanding. I swore that this will be the last. After this. I won’t let you get hurt anymore.”

 

“I am holding on to that words of her so yeah. Not much of a confirmation but some word of assurance nonetheless." Solar gave a curt nod of understanding at this before her face turned serious and she started speaking again.

 

“Okay, It’s good to know that that part of your lives will be over soon and that you will finally have the peace and pain-free life you both deserve. So, now let’s go to the serious side of things.” This made Irene turned her gaze to her friend, poker face on and bracing herself to what she would hear.

 

“It seems your hunch has been correct all this time. This secret meetings between our executives mainly our shareholder has been going a lot more than what we were aware of before. Each meeting takes place far from the city: in Busan, Daegu, Jeju you name it. It has been done under the guise of vacations and family outings. But I suspected that su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter