007

boyfriend

Chanyeol loosened his tie as he walked back in his office, he tossed his jacket to the leather couch and headed straight for his seat. He had just finished a quick meeting with some of the members of the board and he knew he still had documents to go over with his assistant.

He sat down and closed his eyes. And then he jumped when doors suddenly burst open, he was about to complain when he saw Kai standing before him.

“Hyung,” Kai was panting, Chanyeol grew confused.

“Sejin..Where is she?”

“Sejin? She’s at work, what are you~”

Kai fished out something from his coat pocket, it was then when Chanyeol noticed the two males standing just by the doors, both were dressed in dark suits and were focusing on the two of them. Chanyeol stood up, sensing trouble. Kai never walked around in public with bodyguards, especially guards whose tattoos were so obvious under the sun.

“We had information that Scorpion was staying at an apartment just three blocks away from here, we went there and..this what we found.” Kai set a photo of Sejin on the desk, Chanyeol’s eyes widened.

“She…She left for Suwon earlier, she~”

“Please don’t tell me she went alone.”

Chanyeol let out a shaky breath before grabbing coat, Kai sighed and followed the older male out of the office.

“.” Chanyeol cursed as his call went straight to voice mail, they got in the elevator.

“I can’t reach her.”

“I already have people driving to Suwon, who is she supposed to meet?” Kai asked as they went down, Chanyeol exhaled and shook his head.

“Hyung, I know~”

“This is what I’ve been scared most of, Kai. I can’t….can’t let her be dragged into this. Not this side of the business.” Chanyeol stated, the doors pinged open and his car was already waiting outside.

“You two take my car, we’ll meet up at Suwon. Keep me posted if anything happens.” Kai instructed his guards as they jogged towards Chanyeol’s Mustang.

The older male got in the driver’s seat, he was trying to call Sejin again, but still nothing. He started the car and immediately hit the gas, Kai glanced at him worriedly.

“Hyung, I’m sure she’s fine. They know that if they touch her~”

“If they touch her,” Chanyeol cut him, he turned to glance at Kai.

“They won’t be moving around next time.” He finished as the car sped up again.

 

 

 

Jena stood up and walked towards the pantry, she got a little hungry while in the middle of finishing reports that she had to submit before going home.

She was in the midst of preparing a cup of coffee when her phone suddenly started ringing, she glanced at the screen before picking up.

“Unnie, hey.”

“Are you busy?”

“Not really, I’m on a break right now, what’s up?”

“I need help on what to wear, I have to be at this Park Holdings party this Friday.” Sejin murmured, Jena paused.

“I’m free this Wednesday, come by and pick me up?”

“Sounds great, I’m at Suwon by the way. I just got off a meeting, and I’m thinking that I’m too lazy to drive back.” She yawned, Jena chuckled and leaned against the counter.

“Unnie, I saw Chanyeol oppa the other day, he was with a friend, I think. That tall guy.” She explained, Sejin chuckled.

“So, I’m assuming, Chanyeol is of average height because you’re describing his friend as “tall guy”, and that would really help, right?”

“Not funny.” Jena pointed out, a little peeved, Sejin laughed.

“Work was today.” The older girl said, Jena nodded in agreement.

“Same.”

“When are you going to law school? Next year?” She asked, Jena paused, her eyes went to the her watch briefly.

“Yes and, I just…Well, I’m going to get yelled at by you for this, but,”

“Should I yell now?”

“I asked Daniel if he could come to halmae’s lunch party.”

“R—Really? What did Pood- he say?” Sejin coughed from the other line.

“He said he’d check his schedule, but that was a big step, huh?”

“Very.”

Jena smiled before pouring hot water into her cup.

“Unnie, I kind of need to go, talk to you later?”

“Yeah, have fun at work. I guess.” Sejin mused before ending the call, Jena rolled her eyes and walked back to his desk, and then she paused. She took out her phone again.

That friend of his, the tall, dark and handsome type. I think you know him too.

Sejin’s reply came in a few seconds later.

Yes, they probably met up for lunch. -Sejin

 

 

 

Sejin was roaming around a hip furniture store, an attempt to pass time because she didn’t want to drive through the traffic. And it didn’t take long for her to be distracted with all the things she was seeing.

She noticed a small jewelry box and leaned over to pick it up, it was in the shape of an electric guitar.

“I want to get this for Chanyeol, but I want it for myself too.” She muttered as she held onto it, and then she spotted a side table with built on fairy lights on it.

“Will this fit in the Audi?” She murmured as she leaned down to check the item, she reached for pant pocket and realized one thing. She left her phone in the car, she shrugged and stood up again. Her eyes went around the shop, searching for more interesting pieces.

And then she spotted a bookshelf that was shaped oddly, she padded towards it, her heels making pleasing tick tacking sounds on the floor.

“Excuse me,”

She turned and was face to face with a young man with tattoos on his neck.

“Do you need help? I can show you more pieces, we have them in our back room.” He offered, Sejin smiled.

“I was thinking of a coffee table, do you have something that would~”

“Lee Sejin!”

She felt a firm grip on her elbow and she was yanked back, she turned and found Kai standing just behind them.

“Do you need something?” Chanyeol’s voice came out cold and harsh, Sejin blinked at him. The male stepped back, his eyes went to Chanyeol and Kai for a short moment. Chanyeol adjusted his frame so that Sejin was hidden behind him, the male diverted his gaze and smirked.

“He was just asking if I needed some~” Sejin flinched when Chanyeol spoke again, it didn't sound like him. He sounded so angry and defensive.

“Well?” Chanyeol repeated, his grip on her remained firm as he towered over the male. Kai shook his head at the girl, asking for her to be quiet.

“No.” The male replied, and then he immediately left them. Chanyeol let go of her, and he faced her.

“I’ve been calling you for hours. Does your phone even still exist?” He asked her, Kai backed away, Sejin didn’t notice the four males that had encircled them minutes ago, were also moving away from them.

“I—I left it in the car, I’m sorry.” She replied, still confused, she could sense Chanyeol’s distress. He let out a shaky breath before looking away.

“Are you going to get that?” Chanyeol spoke, his eyes were on the jewelry box in her hands.

“I was planning to, hey,” Sejin walked after him, she held onto the sleeve of his coat. He gently took the item from her.

“Kai’s waiting outside, go.” Chanyeol met her gaze evenly, his eyes softened when he noticed how confused she was.

“Chanyeol’s what’s going on?”

“I just…I got really worried when I couldn’t reach you, I’m sorry if I overreacted.” He explained, Sejin scratched the back of her head.

“I didn’t want to drive back because of the traffic, I figured if I leave here later, then~”

“I know, I know. I’m sorry.” He sighed as he slowly wrapped his arms around her, Sejin’s brows rose but she gently patted his back.

“I should have called too.” She said, Chanyeol pulled back and nodded.

“You can go first, I’ll take care of this.” He scrunched his nose at her, urging for her to go. Sejin glanced behind her, the male from earlier had disappeared, her forehead creased.

“You must have rushed here, huh?” Sejin said, Chanyeol stopped and turned to her again.

“I did. It’s fine, don’t worry about me.”

“No, I feel bad.” Sejin puffed her cheeks, Chanyeol was about to speak when the girl, very out of character for her, gently tugged on the lapel of his coat so that she could kiss his cheek. He grinned at her.

“I’ll wait outside.” She beamed at him before going to the doors, Chanyeol exhaled and looked around him and then he saw a black sedan speeding away from the building.

“Sir,” One of the guards approached him.

“Did you get the plate?” Chanyeol asked as he took out his wallet.

“Yes, we’re already running it through.”

“Good, let’s set a meeting for tonight. I might need an arrangement for Sejin.”

 

 

Daniel was smiling as Jena stepped out of the building.

“It was a busy day, I hate this world.” He said with a grin as the girl reached him, she shook her head before giving him a quick hug.

“Same.” Jena chuckled as she let go, Daniel met her gaze evenly and for a moment, he paused. Jena noticed how his forehead creased and he pulled back.

“Is something wrong?”

“No, I got your text. Sorry, I couldn’t reply, I had rehearsals today, it was extreme.”

“Are things going okay? I saw articles, I can only imagine the amount of pressure on you.” She said, Daniel pulled his mask back and nodded at her.

“I can feel the pressure, but I’ve always been preparing for this to come, ever since..the show and everything.” He replied as he took her hand in his, Jena smiled and nodded back.

“We didn’t really have to meet up, you should be resting.”

“It’s fine, I’ll drive you home.” Daniel nodded at her, and then he exhaled.

“About the party you mentioned, the one with your family,”

Jena paused, her eyes widened in realization.

“You know what, forget it. Forget that I said that, I did not think it through, I’m sorry. You’re a celebrity, of course.”

Daniel laughed and he nodded back.

“Yes, and,”

Jena glanced at him, waiting for him to continue.

“And, I don’t think me meeting your family is in line with our whole casual thing, Jen. I mean, think about it.” He said lightly, Jena paused, her brows furrowed together.

“R—Right, sorry.”

“You don’t have to apologize. We all make mistakes. I just think that it’s not good for me to meet everyone in your family.”

“Yes, of course.” Jena replied, she looked away and her lips. Daniel glanced at her again and gave her hand a tight squeeze.

“Let’s get coffee before heading out, alright?” He told her, Jena nodded and watched as he walked towards the café just across them.

She let out shaky breath before tying her hair in a loose ponytail.

“Right, casual.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++