004

boyfriend

 

 

“I figured since this is place is fairly new, not a lot of people would drive here. And, it’s a bit out of the way, don’t you think?” He asked as they walked in the restaurant. Jena nodded and looked around them.

“A bit fancy, don’t you think?” She asked him, the male shrugged.

“Well, their setup is quite~”

Jena was looking elsewhere, he followed her gaze and he paused.

“It’s your cousin.” He said, Jena looked at him and smiled.

“I’ll go say hi, stay here.” She told him as she stood up, she straightened her skirt as she walked across the hall.

Chanyeol was already facing her, there was a friendly smile on his face.

“Hong Jena,” Chanyeol greeted her first too, she bumped fists with him.

“Unnie,” She spoke, Sejin looked up from her glass of wine and smiled at her cousin.

“I thought you had overtime at work tonight. Did your monster of a boss finally become human?” She said jokingly, Chanyeol’s eyes went to the girl.

“Well, I had to come up with that. Will you forgive me?” She said lightly, Sejin chuckled and faced her.

“Go back to your table, you don’t want to keep him waiting.”

“By him, you mean Daniel. You can call him by his name, unnie.” Jena mused at her, and then before she could reply, a tall male suddenly joined them.

“I had to take that call, sorry.” He spoke, his deep voice distracting Jena. Her eyes went to him, the latter met her gaze and his brows rose.

“Are we having another guest for~”

“No, my cousin was just leaving.” Sejin said to him, Chanyeol grimaced on his seat.

“Go back, people might notice if you leave him alone for long.” Sejin spoke to her, her tone mild.

“Promise me we’ll hang out this Sunday?” Jena asked, Sejin nodded back.

“I’ll pass by your house.” Sejin promised, Jena nodded back, she patted Chanyeol’s shoulder before leaving them.

“What was that? I’ve never seen you so fake my whole life.” Kai mused at her, Sejin sent him a look before shaking her head.

“What’s wrong?” Chanyeol asked quietly, Sejin looked at him.

“She lied to me.”

 

 

“Did she get mad? You cancelled plans with her.” Daniel murmured as their food was being served, he glanced across the hall and watched as three chatted while eating.

“No, unnie understands. We never had problems with that.” Jena said.

“Her and the Park Holdings guy, how long have they been together?”

“Chanyeol oppa? Uhmm, about three years now, I think. It was so funny when he was first introduced to the family.”

“Really? Did her parents give him a hard time?”

“Oh no, but he was about to be questioned. Oppa is kind of different, you know. He met the family by accident, he had just finished a race back then. He was wearing nothing but a loose shirt and ripped jeans. The moment my aunt and her other siblings spotted the tattoos on his arms, they all panicked.”

Daniel chuckled and nodded for her to continue.

“You know how elders are so shady and judgmental when it comes to body art.”

“I know the feeling,” Daniel said to her.

“But it didn’t take long for him to be accepted, he simply just chatted up everyone and the whole family was in love with him,” Jena chuckled, she glanced at her cousin again and her forehead creased briefly.

Something was wrong. She could feel it, there was something about Sejin’s tone that made her worry.

“It could be also that, they found out which family he belonged to.” Daniel stated, Jena looked at him.

“Actually, they found out who he was weeks after meeting him. And he was already being invited to family parties even before that.”

And then Sejin met her gaze, she tilted her head at her. Jena grinned at her, Sejin nodded back before diverting her gaze away.

 

 

“I’ll see you when I see you.” Sejin said, Kai gave her a thumbs up from the backseat of the Range Rover. Sejin slid down from the car. Chanyeol followed her and walked the girl towards the house.

“Hey,”

Sejin halted and she turned to face him.

“You okay?”

“Yes, of course.” She replied as she straightened his jacket, Chanyeol frowned.

“Does it bother you that much?”

“What?”

“Jena and Kang Daniel.”

“Kang Poodle.” She said, trying to joke around. Chanyeol sighed at her, their roles reversing.

“Let’s just talk about something else.” She half-whined, he chuckled before pulling the girl to his chest. Sejin sighed and hugged him back.

“I don’t like how this is getting between you two, you know.” He said in a soft chiding manner.

“It’s not.”

“Oh, it is. I can see that.”

“But, is Kai okay? After that call earlier, he seems so tensed up, as if he’s ready to bolt.” She asked as she pulled back to meet his gaze. Chanyeol glanced over his shoulder and shook his head at her.

“It’s probably just work or something. You know how he is.”

“Sure, always running away from work.” Sejin added, Chanyeol smiled before leaning down to press his lips against hers.

“Can I disturb you tomorrow?” She asked him.

“Of course, you can.” He mused as he leaned his nose against hers, then a loud honk came from the Range Rover. Sejin broke into a smile and gave Kai a wave.

“Good night, baby.”

“You two take care.” Sejin brushed her lipstick off the side of his lips before getting inside the house, Chanyeol sighed and padded back to the car. Kai had transferred on the front seat.

“What is it? What happened?” Chanyeol asked him as he put the car on drive, Kai handed his phone to the male.

“There’s trouble again, can you drop me off on the way?” Kai asked, Chanyeol looked at the text and he winced.

“It better stay out of Seoul.” The older male said as they sped away from the Lee property.

“Hell, it should never touch Seoul.” Kai replied and pinched the bridge of his nose.

 

 

Jena walked in the dining hall and broke into a smile as she saw her father.

“Good morning,” She greeted her parents as she took her seat, mister Hong looked up from the paper and smiled.

“You went home late last night, how was work?”

“This girl, what did I tell you? If only you went to law school right away instead of~”

“Honey, please.” Mister Hong glanced at his wife, the latter rolled her eyes and looked away. Jena shared grins with her father before replying.

“Work isn’t easy, appa. But I’m learning new things everyday and it keeps me happy.”

“Happy? With all the late nights you’ve been having?” Mrs. Hong couldn’t help it, but Jena brushed her off.

“I’m okay, eomma. I’m getting a taste of the real world; didn’t you want that from me?”

“Sure, after law school.”

Jena shook her head and began to pull the butter towards her, her father put a piece of bread on her plate before asking.

“How’s everything going? Is Sejin still working for her father?”

“Yes, unnie’s vice chairman now. She still has people tiptoeing around her, as usual.”

“Our silent and gentle Sejin. I haven’t seen her in a while.” Mrs. Hong asked, Jena paused briefly.

“We don’t really have a lot of time to meet up lately, eomma. She’s well, always been busy. And I have work.”

“Your unnie might be busy, but you two always had time to catch up. Is it because she spends too much time with her boyfriend now?”

“No, Chanyeol oppa has work too. I think, she just feels pressured that’s why she’s…unreachable most of the time lately.”

“Well, she is an only child.” Her father shrugged, Jena nodded back and took a quick bite from her toast.

“How about you? Have you been meeting someone lately? With all the late night you’ve been spending out, shouldn’t you have met a man~”

“Eomma, please no. Ew.” Jena laughed, Mrs. Hong started to smile and picked up her coffee.

“I want to focus on work right now, eomma. I can do that later.” She fibbed as she finished her tea.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++