031

boyfriend

 

 

“I’ve always wondered but, how does Jooheon fit into the picture?” Kai asked, Jena looked up from her pecan pie.

“What do you mean?”

“They fought because of him. While, I understand that he’s uncomfortable with Sejin and Jooheon to be working together. I just don’t understand why he’s so worked up with it.”

Jena pursed her lips before speaking.

“The elders didn’t like Jooheon. Back then, I could hear them openly talk about him, no one approved of him. Not even Sehun oppa.”

“Why?” Kai was stunned.

“They knew he was bad for her, Jooheon oppa, back then, he had a lot of problems. My aunt heard about his temper issues and there were rumors about him being involved in gambling.”

“Oh.” Kai murmured, Jena nodded back.

“But, unnie fought for him. She fought back, she even almost left home just to be with him. And I think, Chanyeol oppa knows that. That’s why he’s worried because,”

“Sejin fought for Jooheon. He thinks Jooheon could still win her over.” Kai continued.

“I think it’s that, which is kind of stupid, you know.” She muttered as she took a small sip of her coffee.

“Why would Lee Sejin look at another man?”

“Hyung really loves her. I can see that.” Kai added with a smile, Jena grinned back.

“Not a lot of people can put up with my cousin, and I admire Park Chanyeol for that. But, sometimes I think he spoils her too much.” She joked, Kai laughed and pushed the fruit platter towards her.

“Your cousin was also ready to fight him, you know.”

Jena paused, her forehead creasing.

“But you did more damage.” She replied, Kai halted, he looked away.

Sejin would have done the most damage with that video.

 

 

“Wow, I guess I really am a threat to you.”

Chanyeol watched as the male sauntered in to the room, his brows furrowed together.

“Look at you, standing guard here in her office like some bulldog.” Jooheon chuckled humorlessly.

“I don’t think you should be walking in here unannounced.” Chanyeol said, his tone neutral.

“Sejin doesn’t mind. She never does.” He hummed back, Chanyeol exhaled and leaned back against Sejin’s table.

“She’s not here. You can come back later.”

“Look at you, already hounding me out. You must feel threatened.” Jooheon replied, Chanyeol crossed his arms, his jaw clenched.

“Well, you should be. Sejin has always chosen me, even over family.”

The double doors suddenly swung open and Sejin hopped into the office without looking around, Chanyeol’s eyes widened as the girl stopped right infront of him.

“I know you wanted to go for Italian food, but,” She started mumble as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

“I want fastfood instead. The unhealthy kind.” Sejin beamed at him, Chanyeol’s brows rose and opened his arms to her.

“Can we get that instead? I”ll just finish up some work and we can leave. Please?”

He gave her a small nod, Sejin smiled before leaning upwards to kiss his cheek.

“Park Chanyeol, you’re the best.” She said happily before kissing his cheek again, it was one of those rare moments when the girl was playful and affectionate.

“I’ll get the car ready, you have a guest.” Chanyeol finally spoke, he patted her lower back twice before letting go.

Sejin’s eyes widened and she turned.

“Jooheon-ah.” She spoke, the male was staring back at them, his forehead creased.

“I’ll see you downstairs.” Chanyeol smirked from behind the girl before leaving the room.

 

 

Chanyeol stepped down from the Audi R8 with his phone in hand.

“That Jeju property.” He spoke.

“We found a blueprint for the house, sir. But there’s something strange about the land’s title.”

His forehead creased.

“The owner died about twenty years ago, and up to now, taxes and all the fees are still being paid under his name.”

Chanyeol leaned against the car and his face crumpled.

“I’ve already informed young master Kim about this, he has people looking into it.”

“Good.”

“But sir,”

Chanyeol remained quiet, signaling for the man to continue.

“We intercepted some of their emails to each other, sir. And it contained a lot of sensitive data about the vice president and her family.”

Chanyeol exhaled, he glanced behind him and saw the men he assigned to Sejin.

“I know I may be overstepping boundaries here, sir, but I think it is better to have the young miss informed regarding this.”

“I…That may put her in further danger. I..can’t have that.” Chanyeol murmured and ran his fingers through his hair.

“When shall we leave for Jeju, sir?”

“After this weekend, coordinate with Jongin’s team for the match, Jena will be joining us.”

Chanyeol saw Sejin stepped out from the building from the way she had her arms crossed and her face crumpled, he knew that Jooheon’s visit didn’t sit well with her.

“And, one thing,”

“Yes, sir?”

“I don’t like how Jooheon can easily access Sejin’s office. Do something about it.”

“But, sir, he is currently working with the vice president. If she notices~”

“Take care of him before I have to.” He stated before ending the call, he looked up and grinned at Sejin.

“Hungry?” He asked, Sejin rolled her eyes and simply got in the car.

“I’m surprised you didn’t go full on gangster on him like Kim Jongin.” She commented as Chanyeol started the car, the male paused, his eyes went to her.

“Full on, what?” He blurted out, Sejin chuckled and simply fixed her hair.

“I told him that I handed the project to another department. If you’re uncomfortable with me working with him, then I’ll adjust.” She stated, Chanyeol nodded back.

“But, what did he say to you?” Sejin asked as the car started to move forward.

“Nothing important. Thank you for ditching him for me.” He said jokingly, Sejin shook her head at him.

“Very petty, but you’re welcome.”

 

 

The Lamborghini pulled over in front of the Hong residence, Kai leaned towards the wheel to look at the house.

“Would you like to come in?” Jena offered, the male looked at her and nodded.

“I called in saying that you were having dinner with us, my mom made some of her signature dishes.”

“I’d love that.” Kai smiled and slid down from the car. Jena followed him and she paused when a black sedan rolled in and pulled to a full stop behind Kai’s car.

“Kai~”

“Oh,” Kai strolled towards her as four men in dark suits went down from the other vehicle.

“You have a security detail?” She asked him, the male followed her gaze and he nodded back.

“Well,” Kai started to speak as he offered his arm to her, Jena hooked arms with him as they walked towards the house.

“Things can get complicated sometimes, I’m sure you’ve heard about Chanyeol hyung almost being kidnapped, right?”

“I have, Sejin unnie seems on edge about that.”

“It’s not~” Kai paused when another car sped into the property, he yanked Jena behind him as it halted before them.

Jena gasped and gripped onto his coat in surprise, she peeked from behin him and instantly recognized the vehicle.

Daniel appeared from the driver’s side and walked towards them. The male had a bruise on his forehead from earlier, and it amused Kai that he was here now.

It was as if, he was asking for more.

“You!” Danile hissed as he came face to face with the older male. Kai’s eyes went to his guards and gave them a slight shake of the head, signaling for them to back down.

“You think you can get away from this?” Daniel told him.

“You started it, mister Kang.” Kai replied, his grip on Jena’s wrist tightened fractionally.

“Let go of her!”

Kai’s lips quirked up.

“I don’t think you have the right to say that after what you’ve done. Or, what you’ve been doing behind her back.”

Jena saw her father standing by the frontdoor, his brows were raised up as he watched the scene unfold.

I am so dead.

“Stay out of this. Let go of her.” Daniel countered, his fists were curled.

“Only if she asks me to.” Kai took a step towards him and towered over the male.

“You see, if you were a real man as your music claims you to be, you should be apologizing to her and not antagonizing people around her.” Kai stated.

“She chose me, rich boy. We’ve been together for months.” Daniel hissed back, Kai glanced behind his shoulder and smiled.

“Kai,” Jena said softly, his brows rose for a moment.

“Make him leave, I’m tired.” She continued as she gently shooke his grip on her, Kai dropped his arm and looked at the male.

“Jena, wait, please let’s talk,” Daniel tried to move forward, but the older male blocked him. Daniel’s steely gaze went to him.

“Trust me, I’m not afraid of you, rich boy.” Daniel hissed at him, Kai shrugged and buried his hands in his pant pockets.

“Trust me, I don’t care what you think.” Kai winked at him before turning for the house, his jaw clenched as he walked away from the male.

Don’t tempt me, midget.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++