023

boyfriend

 

Jena had a towel wrapped around her head as she walked back into the room, she made her way towards her iMac and powered it on.

She leaned back on her seat and her thoughts went back to Jooheon and her cousin.

“He’s in Seoul.” She murmured, she leaned forward and opened her Facebook account. She quickly typed in his name and his profile appeared.

Jena chewed on her lower lip as she browsed through his tagged pictures. She found out that the older male had been in Seoul for months now.

“What’s this? Why is she meeting up with him in the middle of the night?” She sighed before shaking the towel off her head, she checked her emails and started to play some music.

Jena was about to shut down the device when something caught her eye, it was a link to an article and attached to it was a grainy photo of Daniel. Her brows rose as she clicked on it, and it sent her to a different website. She felt her stomach churn as the page began to load in front of her.

Please, no. It can’t be.

And then she was met with a set of photos that confused her.

Superstar Kang Daniel spotted with girlfriend?

Jena’s brows rose as photos of Daniel hugging a young lady flashed on the screen, she clicked on the next photo. It looked they were right outside a club, they were holding hands and Daniel was smiling at her.

That’s not me.

There was a picture of them kissing, and the site had blurred the lady’s face. Her fingers froze over the mouse and she pulled away from her table.

Jena’s brows furrowed, she grabbed her phone and quickly tried calling him.

But he wasn’t picking up.

Jena puffed her cheeks, she stood up and walked towards her bed.

“N—No, this…this shouldn’t bother me.” She said to herself before laying down, she let out a shaky breath before closing her eyes.

But, it bothers me.

 

 

Sejin exhaled as she reached the kitchen, she put phone down and let out a breath.

What was that?

What just happened?

She closed her eyes briefly, and then she felt a palm on her waist.

“Hey, are you okay?”

She turned, Chanyeol’s small smile could be seen under the dim lighting and it made her smile back.

“It was a bad idea to have two serving of ricecake this late.” She said as she pouted herself a glass of water, Chanyeol chuckled and he leaned against the counter. Sejin looked at him, here he was, standing topless in her kitchen, his eyes focused on her, waiting for her to talk.

“At least, you got your cravings satisfied.” He mused back, Sejin nodded back.

“But, going out alone is kind of risky.”

Sejin put her glass down and lifted herself to the counter, Chanyeol turned to her.

“Jena was mean to me the whole day, it was harsh. Was I ever mean to her because of you? I don’t think so.” She mumbled, Chanyeol stood between her legs.

“But, seeing as I’m the older one here, I have to hold it in.”

“And not shove your tongue at another person’s throat?” Chanyeol chimed in jokingly, Sejin paused and she looked away.

He could sense it, his girl was tensed and something was bothering her.

Something bigger than Jena and the poodle. He pursed his lips before speaking again.

“Hey,” Chanyeol said soothingly as he put his hands on her waist.

“You said it’s time for bed, you can stress over that tomorrow.” He said playfully, Sejin scrunched her nose at him.

Chanyeol sighed, he leaned over and put his chin on the girl’s shoulder.

“I’m glad you’re back home safe. I was worried when I found out you stepped out alone.” He said softly, Sejin nodded back and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Chanyeol?”

“Hmm?” He hummed back before placing his hands under her thighs and lifting her up, Sejin yelped.

“You keep on sleeping over, you sneaky bastard.” She said jokingly, Chanyeol laughed.

“I was hoping you wouldn’t notice.”

“Sure.” Sejin hummed back and clung onto him tightly.

You keep me sane, always.

 

 

Kai stretched his arms and leaned further down as his secretary collected the documents he had just signed.

“You’re meeting with GukJe Group has been moved to next week, sir. Just as you intrsucted, the contracts and other materials will be ready by then.”

He nodded back and gently shut his laptop close.

“You’ve been reading those articles, sir. Do you know that celebrity personally?”

Kai looked at the male and shook his head.

“No, I…just feel bad for the lady in the pictures, I heard fans can be…”

“Crazy?”

“Yes.” Kai said, the latter chuckled.

“Yes, I’ve seen worst scenarios when a celebrity decides to be in a public relationship, it’s ususally the partner who gets more crap, sir.”

Kai’s thoughts went to the photos again.

It wasn’t her. Then, who?

“Really? Let~” His phone started to ring, the other male excused himself and quietly left the room. Kai picked up his phone and looked at the screen.

“Jena,” He answered quickly, he stood up from his seat.

“Hi, so,”

“I saw the articles. I—I’m sorry, Jen.”

“Don’t be, thank god, it’s not me.” Jena replied, her tone cheery. Kai nodded, his forehead creasing.

The girl didn’t sound like herself.

“What’s up?” Kai spoke again, Jena turned quiet and he smiled.

“It isn’t like you to be quiet, Jena. Are you being shy?” He said, teasing her.

“It’s just..I made reservations for two at this buffet place, I already paid for them. I would call unnie, but then~”

“Right, you two aren’t on speaking terms. And that leaves you with me, your last choice.” Kai recited, Jena snorted back.

“Only if you’re free, it would be so awkward to grab lunch alone.”

“I think going to a buffet alone would be a liberating experience.” Kai countered.

“Kai, i-if you’re busy, it’s okay. You know, what? I shouldn’t have called, I know you have a lot~”

“I was just playing you, miss Hong. I’ll be there to pick you up in a bit. Thanks for asking me out.”

“I was not asking~”

“See ya.” Kai chuckled before ending the call, he was smiling as he grabbed his car keys and he jogged out of his office.

 

 

“Who would have known, posh and always put together Hong Jena, loves buffet.” Kai commented as they walked in the restaurant, Jena grinned at him.

“Well, when you’re hungry, you gotta eat.”

“So, did your superstar idol boyfriend ditch you today?” Kai asked, not mincing his words, rather, he wanted to know what was on the girl’s mind.

“He’s not my boyfriend, and, I don’t know.” Jena said quietly as they were led to their table, he pulled the chair for her and smiled.

“You don’t know what?”

“I was trying to call him to ask if he can come since we already talked about eating here, but…he wouldn’t pick up.” Jena said, her forehead creasing.

“I saw the articles, it..didnt look good.” Kai replied, careful. Jena sighed and nodded, she looked around them and her eyes focused on the buffet table.

“You don’t mind if I eat like there’s no tomorrow, right? Although, feel free to judge,” Jena said as she stood up, Kai laughed and followed her.

“The concept of ladies should eat less always confused me.”

“Really?” Jena said, Kai got them plates and handed one to her.

“Women have to deal with men, therefore, they need more energy for that.”

“So, you admit that you can be quite a pain in the ?” Jena turned to him, she smiling now.

“Ouch.” Kai replied as they walked over towards the food, Jena glanced at him.

“Thanks for accompanying me here, Kim Jongin. I know you’re busy as it is, and we’re not even that close.”

“Sejin’s family is also family to me.” Kai’s reply was playful, he glanced over his shoulder and spotted his two guards taking their seats at a table.

“And, you’re not totally a pain in the . I take that back,” She said as she put a lobster on his plate, Kai chuckled and he gently held onto her elbow, nudging for her to move forward.

Jena turned her head to look at him, but she paused not realizing how close he was standing right behind her.

Kai didn’t seem to be taken aback at how their noses were almost touching, instead, he was smiling at her.

“Of course, I’m not.” He scrunched his nose at her and Jena could only look away.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++