030

boyfriend

 

Flanked by three men, Kang Daniel was escorted out of the room while still writhing in pain.

“Uhm,” Sejin blinked at her cousin, Jena sighed, she grabbed her purse before jogging out of the room.

“See? Nothing to worry about.” Chanyeol said as the doors closed before them.

“I just watched my friend assault a public figure in my office, Park Chanyeol.” Sejin sighed as she walked to her desk.

“You have to admit, babe,”

“He deserved that. You probably wanted to do it yourself.” He joked, Sejin looked at him and shook her head.

“Kai was so mad, I was starting to panic.” She murmured softly as she opened the files on her desk, and then she stopped.

Kim Jongin getting all worked up over Kang Daniel. Was he just being protective, or was there something else?

She her lips, she was curious. It wasn’t like Kai to loose his cool.

“Sejin-ah?”

Chanyeol had risen up from the couch and he was walking towards her.

“Where do you want to eat for lunch? It’s already pretty late.” He spoke, Sejin puffed her cheeks.

“Kim Jongin got angry. Why?”

Chanyeol paused, his brows went up.

“I don’t…I don’t know, maybe he just didn’t like the unwelcomed guest?” He said coyly, Sejin rolled her eyes.

“Look, Se~”

“Kang Daniel pitting himself against Kim Jongin, that would be something to see.” She hummed with a smile, Chanyeol blinked at her.

“You’re okay with Kai and Jena?” Chanyeol asked, the girl just shrugged back at him.

 

 

“Kai!” Jena was panting as she reached the lobby, Kai and his long legs walked way too fast for her. The male halted and turned to face her, Jena frowned as she noticed how tensed he was still.

“I thought we were going to eat out.” She murmured, she paused when she heard Daniel’s voice, she turned and saw him being dragged by Sejin’s bodyguards.

“Are you sure?” He asked her, Jena faced him and nodded.

“I’m sorry you had to see that, and..thank you for making him go away.”

“I was thinking that you’d tell me that he might sue me for that.” Kai said, his tone a little playful.

“He might, but then, I doubt you don’t have a legal team backing you up.” She murmured, Kai pursed his lips before stretching his hand to her.

“I did that because I didn’t like how he was bothering you. He can sue me if he wants.” He stated softly, Jena placed her hand in his and he smiled.

“That might put you in a difficult situation, Kim Jongin. I’m sure you wont like it if people start talking about you.” She said to him, Kai nodded at the valet and asked for his car to be brought around.

“You’re not mad because I handled your friend?”

“Is that your other term for almost sending him to the hospital? What are you, a gangster?” Jena managed to joke, Kai paused briefly, his forehead creasing.

“What if I am?”

Jena blinked at him, she saw his car being driven towards the curb.

“What?”

“A part of the mafia?” Kai replied, Jena looked at him funny.

“I…So?” She replied.

“It doesn’t bother you?” He asked as the valet started to approach them.

“No, why would I be bothered if that’s part of who you are?” She mused back before nodding for Kai to walk first.

Kai grinned at her before moving along.

He doesn’t deserve you.

 

 

Sejin looked at her father and she pursed her lips.

“Something’s bothering you, daughter.”

She looked at her palms before speaking.

“Abeoji, I’d like to be excused from the project with Clover Group, I already spoke with manager Seo about it. She has agreed that we switch projects, she’s currently handling the deal with JM Group.”

Her father grew silent and Sejin looked away.

“Why? Did working with Jooheon cause probems?”

Sejin bit on the insides of her cheeks, not knowing how to reply.

“I should have said something when you first told me about it, I’m sorry.”

“It was my mistake as well for thinking it wouldn’t cause problems. Next time I’ll talk to you about it before assigning them to you.”

Sejin smiled at her father.

“Chanyeol didn’t like it?” He asked, Sejin her lips before replying.

“Act ually, I didn’t tell him that I would be working with my ex-boyfriend. And, he accidentally found out, well, that didn’t work so well for me.”

The elder smiled and nodded.

“Understandable.”

“You’re not worried that your daughter’s boyfriend might be the overpossessive type?” Sejin asked, being playful.

“I never really had problems with Chanyeol, Sejin. And, I can see how he wouldn’t be comfortable with you and Jooheon working closely together,”

“It’s just work, abeoji.” She murmured, not enjoying the talk about her past.

“I know you see things black and white, but it’s not always like that. So, all I can say is that,”

“Oh my god, are you going to give me relationship advice right now? In your office? Your workspace?“ She grimaced, her father rolled his eyes at her.

“Take care of what you two have. That young man is special, and it’s safe to say, that he’s the only person I trust my daughter with.”

“Ugh, may I be dismissed now?” Sejin grumbled, but she was smiling.

 

 

“Any update?” Chanyeol asked as he loosened his tie, Sejin had left him in her office.

“The media covered it up as a terrorist attack for now, but the police will claim the incidents as gas leaks and faulty wiring problems tonight, sir.”

He nodded back, his forehead creasing.

“Like you suggested, Shin Manbok was taken by his men as soon as we tried to transfer him to Jeju.”

“Did you let him go? How many of us got hurt?” He was drumming his fingers on the couch.

“Yes, they came armed, sir. Only two of us got hurt. They were armed and ready when they came to attack us.”

“What’s his latest movement?” Chanyeol asked, his lips quirking up.

Scorpion was bad at playing their own game, Chanyeol knew that they wanted to get their second-in-command back. And he let them.

But not before planting a tracking device on his phone and wristwatch.

“He’s still in Jeju, I already sent some of our men to keep track on his whereabouts, he’s staying at a resthouse near the beach.”

Chanyeol’s forehead creased.

“A resthouse by the beach? Whose house is it?”

They never heard of Scorpion owning property in Jeju, he stood up from the couch and walked towards the windows.

“We are still working on it, sir. And, like you asked, we have doubled the vice president’s security details. We have six guys from our team, all of them will be invisible to her, while the remaining four will always be beside her.”

Chanyeol exhaled and nodded.

“Let’s finish this once and for all.” He said before ending the call, he chucked the phone in his pant pocket.

He heard the doors open behind.

“Sejin-ah, let’s~”

Chanyeol stopped when he realized that it wasn’t his girlfriend.

“Wow, I guess I really am a threat to you.” Jooheon smirked as he casually strolled into the room.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++