022

boyfriend

 

Chanyeol exhaled as he leaned against the table behind him, his palms were resting on the rough surface as he looked at Kai.

“All we need is just a few answers, and we’ll let you go.”

“You think I’ll buy that?!” The man yelled back, he was bound to a wooden chair, his lip was busted.

“You want Seoul.” Kai spat, the male laughed back.

“You think we just want the territory. That’s how blind you are, rich boy.”

Chanyeol’s forehead creased at his words.

“Why are you bringing strangers into this?” Chanyeol asked, the male’s eyes went to him and his lips curled up.

“You two have weaknesses, especially you, young master Park.”

Chanyeol crossed his arms and walked towards them, the guards tensed up.

“Parading your girl around like it’s nothing, does she even know who you really are?”

“You want to circulate drugs in Seoul. We intercepted one of your…larger shipments.” Chanyeol spoke ignoring his comment as he stepped closer, Kai looked away.

Shin Manbok paused, his forehead creasing.

“It probably has your prints and, your friends’ as well all over it.” Chanyeol leaned over, and then he stepped on the man’s foot.

“Y—You~”

“So, before you start throwing threats, make sure you weren’t stupid enough to use a car’s plate that’s being traced by us and, right,” He took out a knife and slowly pushed it down against the man’s thigh.

Manbok screamed in agony and Kai stepped back.

“When we ask questions, you give us answers. Now,” Chanyeol moved away from him, leaving the knife on the man’s thigh.

“Shall we give it another try?”

 

 

Sejin rolled out of bed and let out a huge sigh, she reached for her phone to check the time. It was already almost midnight, and she couldn’t sleep at all.

The girl stood up, she put on a pair of sweats, grabbed one of the hoodies she “borrowed” from Chanyeol and left her room. Sejin took her car keys and silently stepped out of the house.

“I need to eat, then maybe, maybe I can finally sleep.” She muttered to herself as she got inside her car, she paused when she saw her two bodyguards jogging up to her.

“Young~”

“It’s fine, I’ll be back in no time. I’m off to buy something to snack on.”

“But, it’s quite~

“I—I’d like some space, I’m sure Chanyeol would understand. I have my phone with me.” She said reassuringly before closing the car door, the two males could only watch as the BMW sped out of the property.

Sejin was drumming her fingers on the wheel as she drove around downtown, she wanted to eat but had no idea what she wanted. She pursed her lips, Chanyeol usually decided when it comes to restaurants.

And then she paused when she noticed a street stall, she eased down the vehicle and parked right across the street. Sejin quickly slid down from the car and walked up towards the lady manning the stall.

“Do you have fishcakes? Ricecakes~”

“Sejin-ah?”

Sejin stopped and turned behind her, her eyes widened as she recognized the male.

“Jooheon,”

“What’s this? Dinner didn’t do its job?” He said jokingly as he joined her, Sejin pursed her lips and nodded.

“Kind of, were you out…clubbing?” She asked, taking note of his clothes and the smell of alcohol coming from him.

“I got invited to a party, wait,” He stopped her from taking out her wallet.

“This is on me.” He grinned as he paid for her order, Sejin nodded back, not wanting to argue with him.

“So, you staying here for a long time? Or, just because of the project?” She asked him as they walked towards the empty bench beside her car. Jooheon smiled and shrugged.

“There are quite a lot of things in my head right now,” He said as they sat down, Sejin took out the bowl of rice cakes and started eating.

“Same here, work’s been keeping me up lately. Well, it’s eating all of my time.” She said with a smile, Jooheon glanced at her.

“It’s not that, Sejin.”

She glanced at him, her brows going up.

“What is it?”

“I never told you this, I mean, I didn’t want to,” Jooheon chewed on his lower lip, Sejin tilted her head at him.

“What are you saying?”

“Sejin, I—I never got over you. I don’t even know why I let you go.”

Sejin stilled, she put the chopsticks down.

“Jooheon~”

“But, I see you still have my number saved as Honey. It got me thinking~”

“Jooheon, no.” She breathed, Jooheon gave her a small sad smile before leaning over, attempting to kiss her. Sejin pushed herself off the bench, not minding as the food stained her pants.

“Sejin~”

She shook her head and jogged towards her car.

 

 

“I’m sorry, I really needed to drop by the company before heading home.” Daniel said softly as Jena let out a yawn again. The two were cruising along downtown, on their way to Jena’s place.

“It’s fine, it’s my fault for suddenly pulling you to that party.” Jena murmured with a smile as she leaned her head against the window.

“Your cousin’s cool. It’s amazing how everyone seems to know everybody.”

“Oh, you mean Kai, Sehun oppa and Chanyeol oppa? Right, it’s like they have their own circle or something.”

“Jena, you are part of that circle too.” Daniel chuckled, Jena shook her head, not wanting to talk about her cousins.

Daniel’s phone suddenly rang, he quickly picked it up and answered, it was his manager.

“Hey, hyung,”

Daniel paused, he his lips and listened as his manager continued to speak in low tone, his grip on the wheel tightened.

Jena tuned him out and looked out the window, they were passing through a belt of street food vendors when she recognized two people.

She suddenly sat up, her brows going up.

Sejin and Jooheon.

They were sitting on a bench; her cousin was eating while the man beside her was talking.

“J—Jooheon?” She breathed and then they were already far away, Jena blinked to herself.

He’s in Seoul?

“Why is she~”

“Jen,” Daniel spoke, the girl turned to him, she noticed the worried look written on his face.

“Yeah?”

“Uhm, I may have to cancel on next week. My…schedule just got reshuffled.” He stuttered, Jena nodded back.

“It’s fine.” She murmured back, she heard Daniel let out a sigh.

“Is everything alright?” Jena asked him, Daniel gave her a nod and he didn’t speak for the rest of their drive to her home.

 

 

The Rolls Royce pulled to a full stop, the guards moved forward to greet the tall male.

“Did she step out?” Chanyeol asked as he noticed that one of her cars was missing, the guard nodded back.

“Yes, sir. We were about to accompany the young miss, but she..refused, sir. She didn’t look so well.”

Chanyeol’s forehead creased, he had been calling her, but she wasn’t picking up. And it was unlike her to leave the house at night.

“Her car,”

“Yes, we have tracking device on the vehicle and she also sent a text message earlier informing us where she was.”

Chanyeol sighed and nodded, he made his way towards the house and showed himself in. He looked around the house, his forehead creasing.

Things weren’t going so well.

Shin Manbok knew things about Scorpion’s movements, but he didn’t know much. Only names of their other members and which political figures they’ve managed to bribe so that they can ship in drug within the country.

And that solidified one thing, Scorpion was really back in Korea.

He exhaled and made her way towards the garden, he saw that the pool lights were still on. He took off his coat before fetching his swimming shorts inside the house.

The BMW pulled to a swift stop and Sejin got down from her car, her brows rose when she noticed the Rolls Royce in her garage. She stopped walking and pursed her lips.

Chanyeol was carrying a gun around, were things really that intense?

She glanced over her shoulder and the guards bowed at her.

“The young master is at the swimming pool, ma’am.”

Sejin thanked them before moving along, she started to walk fast as Jooheon’s words echoed in her head. She was panicking, she didn’t like that feeling.

She never thought of it that way, in her head, she still addressed him as Honey. That was his nickname, and people knew that.

She jogged towards the pool and almost tripped, she saw Chanyeol pulling himself up the railings.

“Hey, where were you?” He asked as he shook the water from his hair, Sejin exhaled, her fingers were shaking.

Is this karma? Am I a Kang Daniel now?

“Sejin-ah,” Chanyeol spoke again, he was on his way to the lounge chair to get his towel.

Sejin started to move, she walked towards him and quickly wrapped her arms around his waist. Chanyeol halted, his brows going up, confused.

Sejin’s forehead creased as she pressed the side of her head against his chest, somehow she found the steady beats of his heart calming.

“Hey, is something wrong?” Chanyeol spoke as he wrapped his arms around her, Sejin chewed on the insides of her cheeks, she pulled back to meet his gaze.

“Now, I’m really worried. What’s wrong?” Chanyeol spoke again, he frowned when he noticed that girl’s clothes were already soaked.

Sejin shook her head before stretching her toes and pressing her lips against his, Chanyeol stilled for a moment before pulling the girl closer to him. Sejin pressed her palm against his chest and slowly pulled back, Chanyeol smiled kissed her cheek before letting go.

“Is everything okay?” He asked her again, Sejin shook her head and fixed her shirt.

She reached out to cup his cheek before speaking.

“It’s time for bed, come inside.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++