035

boyfriend

 

“A rose garden, how fitting.” Jena murmured as she looked at the flowers before her, Kaiw as walking right behind her, smiling.

“So, is the popstar still bothering you? I don’t hear Sejin badmouthing him lately.” He said lightly, Jena shook her head.

“I haven’t been in contact with him. I don’t plan to…be around him either.”

Kai glanced at her, his brows furrowed.

“I don’t want to be in that kind of environment again. Ever.”

“He was kind of toxic, huh?”

“No, I became toxic because of him. I mean, I almost lost Sejin unnie because I kept on taking his side.”

“You can never lose Sejin, Jen. She’s family, she’d do anything to protect you.”

Jena sighed and hooked her arm with his.

“I know, and I’d like to pay her back someday.”

Kai smiled and patted her hand, Jena paused, she blinked at him.

“I’m happy he didn’t choose to sue you.”

“Who? Daniel? He can try.”

“Don’t be cocky, Kim Jongin. I know you prepared your very own muscle.”

Kai grew amused.

“Muscle?”

“Your legal team.”

Kai let out a hearty chuckle, Jena smiled to herself.

“I don’t think~” Jena pause when it suddenly turned dark around them, she felt Kai tense up. She looked around and realized that they were surrounded by men dressed in dark suits.

“Sir,”

 

 

“Hong Jena,” The male repeated as he looked at the photos before him, Daniel nodded back and took a small sip of his citrus tea.

“Is she one of the Hongs? The law firm?”

“Yes, her father is the one running the firm, that’s what she told me,” Daniel said with a small smile, the reporter started to type on his laptop.

“But, what’s the problem here? Why do you want to go public with this? You could lose so much because of this.”

“Jena is a very nice young lady, she understood me, she was patient with me. But, I don’t know how this happened, her cousin. She’s always been against us, you know.”

“A cousin?”

“I don’t know if you’ve heard of her, her name’s Lee Sejin. She’s the big boss of Lee Banking Group?”

“They’re cousins?”

Daniel nodded back and looked around them.

“So, you two broke up because of this Lee Sejin?”

“You have no idea what that lady is capable of, she’s…lethal.”

“Of course, you just said she’s Lee Banking daughter.” The male shook his head behind his laptop, Daniel’s forehead creased.

“She’s been forcing another man on Jena too, she’s been trying to pair them ever since. And, I think she’s successful. Jena doesn’t even answer my calls.”

“Wait, so you two broke up because this cousin wants Jena to end up with another guy?”

“I will never be good enough for that family, but it’s unfair.” Daniel explained.

“How could this person, this man take my girlfriend from me?”

“If you don’t mind, just who is this other man?”

Daniel hid his smirk before speaking.

“Kim Jongin, he goes by Kai to his friends.”

“I think I’ve heard of that name before.”

“Lotte Holdings, that’s him.”

“You’ve…You’ve been victimized by these rich kids, huh?”

 

 

Sehun stretched his arms as soon he walked into his condo unit, he had just arrived from his last flight as a commercial pilot and he felt dead tired.

He didn’t even have the time to get in touch with his cousins. He looked around him before making his way towards the kitchen.

The young executive took out his phone and called Jena, he put the device on speaker and inspected his fridge. He frowned when he realized it was empty.

He glanced up when his phone wnet to voicemail.

“She must be busy. But it’s a weekend,” He murmured as he got his phone again and proceeded to swipe the green icon right next to Sejin’s name.

Sejin answered after a few rings.

“Sejin~”

“Stop!” Sejin yelled.

Sehun paused, his eyes went to his phone again and he picked it up.

“Sejin, what are you~”

He heard a loud bang, Sehun tensed when he realized he could also hear Sejin screaming from the other line.

“He’s not going to come! Stop!”

“Sejin-ah, where are you~” Sehun froze when a deafening sound echoed from the device, Sejin could no longer be heard.

“Sejin!” He shouted.

The line went dead and Sehun stood there, stunned. He ran out of his unit while trying to reach Chanyeol.

 

 

Chanyeol ran his fingers through his hair as he walked in the stables, he had been trying to reach Sejin for the past hour. But all his calls went straight to voicemail and that bothered the hell out of him.

He knows he shouldn’t have let Jooheon get to him. Jooheon no longer mattered to her.

He was work, just like she claimed.

“I can’t lose her.” He breathed as he looked around him.There was also the matter of telling Sejin the truth about him and their other side of the business.

Chanyeol was terrified that she might change her mind about him, that the girl would finally realize that he wasn’t good for her. Jooheon was the better option for her, Chanyeol dealt with dirty things. And he knew that.

If Sejin found out, she would come into realization that he wasn’t worth her time, he would dirty her name.

He was a gangster, for crying out loud.

He leaned back against the wooden gates and ignored the horse as it neighed behind him. He could feel the gun holstered on his back and he frowned.

He had noticed Sejin in school, back then, she was still with Jooheon. And somehow, he found out that the girl was friends with Kai. He got himself introduced and he was thrown into her circle. And that alone elated him.

It wasn’t long before they became good friends, and somehow, he managed to gain her trust.

And the breakup happened. Chanyeol felt genuinely bad for the girl, Jooheon had affected her so much.

That was why it took him a long time before asking her out.

Chanyeol let out a shaky breath, Sejin had become his everything. She kept him sane in the crazy double life he’s been living. And he’d do anything to protect her, if only he would let him.

Chanyeol heard the doors open widely and he looked up, he saw his men rushing towards him and judging from the looks on their faces, they probably came with bad news.

“What is it?” He spoke, the males glanced at each other.

“Sir, it’s the vice president.”

His ears perked up and he pushed himself upwards.

“What about Sejin?”

“We found her car at the bottom of a hill. There was blood all over the place, sir.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++