020

boyfriend

 

Jena crossed her arms as she sat down, most of the guests have left. Her parents had also driven back home, except for her.

She decided to linger for a bit.

Well, she usually had spent Sundays with her mother, but lately, the elder didn’t seem to like speaking with her.

Or sometimes, she spent it with Sejin.

She sighed and shook her head.

“You know,”

She looked up just as her older cousin plopped down beside her.

“I’m used to Sejin noona being gloomy, not you.” Sehun said jokingly as he handed her a popsicle.

“It’s your favorite.” He mused at her.

“As much as I don’t want to worry, I am worried. What happened between you two?” Sehun asked the girl, Jena set the popsicle away.

“I just…unnie’s being difficult, oppa.”

“Aren’t we all?” Sehun replied, Jena shook her head.

“I’ve been…seeing this guy, while things aren’t official yet, unnie seems to be..very spiteful against him.”

“Jen, noona has never bee a people person. Not that I’m taking her side, but it takes time for her~”

“You don’t get it, oppa.” Jena sighed at him, Sehun frowned.

“Is there a reason why Sejin noona would be against him?” He asked softly.

“No, I don’t see any. If not, he’s always been patient with her. And, we both know how she is.”

Sehun’s brows went up, he didn’t want to comment. Knowing Sejin, she must have had her reasons.

But, who was this guy?

Is he really that special for Jena to actually ignore Sejin?

“Will I meet him later?”

“You will, oppa.”

“Good, I’ll see if I can talk to noona for you, for now, enjoy your ice cream.”

 

 

“Sehun invited us over for dinner,” Sejin said as they walked in her place, she heard Chanyeol take off his coat.

“He did tell me, do we bring him something? Wine?“

“We can bring wine, I think.”

Sejin made her way towards the steps and went up to her room, Chanyeol followed her but the girl paused.

“You still…don’t know who tried to take you?” She blurted out.

“Yes, we have nothing yet, even the police.” Chanyeol replied with ease as he tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear, Sejin nodded back.

“Our Sundays have been busy lately, huh?”

“It has been, oddly. I don’t even know how a normal Sunday feels like anymore.” Sejin murmured as she let out a yawn.

“I think she should know.” Chanyeol said as he opened the door for her, he made himself comfortable on the sofa.

Sejin paused, she glanced at the male.

“You asked me what you should do, I didn’t want to…get in the way of things. But, Jena’s like a sister to me, as well. And, I think, she deserves a heads up.”

“She’ll not only get mad at me, babe. She’ll hate me. She’ll think I’m getting in the way of things.” Sejin murmured as she walked towards the walk-in closet to change into a pair of shorts and a loose shirt.

“At least you tried protecting her, it’s better than not doing anything, right?” He spoke in soft tones, knowing she would still hear him.

“Hanging out with Toben’s better, he doesn’t guilt trip me into doing things.” She murmured as she padded towards him.

“Toben, the better looking poodle.” He added.

“What? He’s the best looking poodle out there. Don’t even start with the poodle talk.” She hissed, Chanyeol smiled and he opened his arms to her. Sejin curled onto his lap and wrapped her arms around his neck, her forehead creased.

Something didn’t feel right, but she couldn’t pinpoint what it was.

“Did you manage to talk to Jena?” Chanyeol asked, his puffed his cheeks as he glanced at his phone on the coffee table.

His thoughts went back to the text earlier.

They had caught someone, one of Scorpion’s higher ups.

“No, and please don’t assume that I didn’t notice you added more bodyguards, should I remind you who the target is?” She asked dryly, Chanyeol blinked, stunned.

“It’s you they’re after, not me.”

“But, if they take you,” Chanyeol gently pushed her back to make the girl face him, Sejin frowned.

“It’s the same as taking me down. You know that, right?”

Sejin pursed her lips, not wanting to argue.

“I just wish..that this thing is over, and they catch whoever’s trying to hurt you.” She said softly, Chanyeol smiled and nodded.

“Yeah, same.”

 

 

“What does your older cousin do?” Daniel asked as the gates opened before them, he slowly eased into the property.

“Sehun oppa is a pilot, actually. He works for Korea Air.”

Daniel paused, he glanced at Jena.

“A pilot?” Daniel repeated, the property they just drove in was large, even the house inside intimidated him.

“And, this is his place? His parents live in another~”

“Well, his..father owns the airline.” Jena murmured, careful. Daniel blinked but he nodded back.

“Right.” He offered her a small smile, Jena smiled back.

“Oh, wow, he seems to have important guests too.” Daniel commented as he parked the Audi, Jena followed his gaze, she spotted Chanyeol’s gunmetal black Rolls Royce Wraith.

“Probably, come on.” She pushed the door open and slid down, she was about to call for Daniel when a white Lamborghini Aventador sped into the property.

“Whoa,” She heard Daniel murmur as the car parked right beside them.

“Miss Hong,” The driver was grinning as he slid down from the vehicle, Jena paused.

“Kai,” She blurted, Kai winked at her before shutting the car’s door close.

“So, you..know my cousin too?”

“I probably know all of your cousins. How’s it going?” Kai sauntered over to her, his eyes went to Daniel and he paused.

Jena paused as she noticed the look in his eyes.

“Don’t you dare.” She said through gritted teeth, Kai chuckled.

“I see you’ve brought a friend,” Kai said as they walked towards the house’s porch.

“Yes, uhm, Daniel this is Jongin, he’s a family friend. Jongin, this is Daniel. He’s a good friend of mine.” Jena said quickly, Daniel gave the male a guarded smile before shaking his hand.

“It’s weird not seeing you at your workplace, and not dressed in boring blacks and blues.” Kai said jokingly, Jena elbowed him.

“Really? You think I dress boringly?”

Kai nodded back, being honest. Daniel’s eyes flitted towards the two, his forehead creased briefly.

“Maybe adding a bit of color would liven up your mood, right?” Kai said teasingly.

“How about I add a bit of color to your face and we can~”

The doors suddenly opened, Sehun was looking at the two quizzically.

“Oh Sehun!” Kai bumped fists with the male before going straight into the house, Jena smiled at her older cousin.

“Jena and guest.” Sehun tilted his head, he had a polite smile as he looked at Daniel.

“Oppa, this is Daniel. Daniel, this is my older cousin, Sehun oppa.”

 

 

Sejin put her phone down, she glanced over at the table, Sehun and Kai were chatting with Daniel.

Her eyebrows went up.

“Noona, let’s eat.” Sehun called, Chanyeol stepped back in the house, he was carrying the cooked meat from the griller outside.

She felt Jena’s gaze at her for a short moment, Sejin stood up and walked towards them. She ran her fingers through her hair as she looked at the dining table.

“Aigoo, you’re in trouble.” Kai commented, Sejin looked at him.

“It’s all grilled pork, babe.” He winked at her, Chanyeol grinned at the girl.

“I’m sure we have something else.” She muttered back, Kai paused, sensing the girl’s mood.

“We have beef and sausages too, noona.” Sehun said, Jena sat down and Daniel took the seat next to hers.

“So, it’s your first time meeting Sehun?” Kai said, Daniel turned to him and nodded back.

“Yes, actually, it’s my first time meeting other members of her family.” Daniel replied, Chanyeol plopped down beside Sejin.

“Really? Then, you’ve met Sejin too?” Kai added, Chanyeol scrunched his nose, his friend had the worse timing.

“Yes, of course. Sejin..I mean, I’ve known vice president Lee for quite a while now.”

“I don’t think you have to call her that, Daniel.” Jena hummed, Sehun looked up from his plate.

“I was just being polite. It’s fine.” Daniel said to her with a smile, Kai paused, his eyes went to Sejin then to Jena.

“Do you like salad?” Sehun spoke to Sejin.

“It has carrots.” Sejin grimaced as she forked around her plate, Jena leaned back on her seat and continued eating.

“Sehun hyung, Jena says you’re a pilot.” Daniel spoke, Chanyeol nudged the girl and gave her knee a small squeeze.

Kai remained quiet, he met gazes with Jena across the table and he wiggled his eyebrows at her. Jena glared at him, Daniel noticed the two but he was speaking with Sehun.

“Ah, you got your debut via that show. Interesting.” Sehun said to him, Sejin picked up her glass of wine.

The meat is tender, isn’t it? But I don’t like how it’s seasoned.” Sehun suddenly switched to Japanese, his eyes were on his plate as he sliced his steak. Sejin looked up, she was the only other person in the table who could speak the language.

It tastes okay to me,” She replied as she brought the glass to her lips.

So, who’s the midget?” Sehun shot back, Sejin choked on the wine and immediately put her glass down. Chanyeol quickly handed her a napkin.

“Oh Sehun!” Sejin could feel everyone’s gazes on her.

Isn’t he one?” Sehun looked up from his plate, he set his utensils down and looked at his older cousin with a small smirk on his face.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++