021

boyfriend

The table grew silent, Kai glanced at the two cousins again. Chanyeol looked at Jena, she was looking at Sejin intently.

Don’t start.” Sejin muttered back, Sehun let out a sweet smile.

“Excuse us, Daniel-ssi. Noona and I, we both studied in Japan for a bit.” He said diplomatically, Sejin pushed her wine away from her.

“Ah, it’s always good to practice languages you’ve learned.” Daniel replied good-naturedly, Sejin looked at her plate.

“So, what else do you do? Aside from being in the entertainment industry,” Sehun continued, Kai grinned at Jena.

“Is this considered as practice when he meets your parents?” He said jokingly, Jena sighed at him.

“Don’t talk.” Jena replied, Kai chuckled.

“I’m just curious, and, why,” He spoke loud enough for everyone to hear.

“Are you two ladies not speaking to each other?” He finished, Chanyeol balked on his seat, he noticed how Sejin grew stiff beside him.

“Could it be that someone finally got between you two?” Sehun said in a joking tone, Sejin’s eyes went to him.

“Oppa, do we always have to talk? I have other people to talk to.” Jena said, her tone neutral. Sehun paused, his brows went up.

Jena was talking back, meaning, the girl meant business. And this fight wasn’t a small one.

“Sehun-ah, are you staying for long? Or, do you have to fly back?” Chanyeol cleared his throat, an attempt to swtitch topics.

Sejin glanced at Kang Daniel and she pursed her lips.

This poodle with his overly styled hair and flashy clothes.

“It’s not important if someone got between us,” Sejin spoke up before Sehun could reply to Chanyeol.

Kai looked at her, he chewed on his lower lip.

“But, I would never shove my tongue into another person’s throat.” She said with a small smile, Daniel halted, his eyes widened.

“What? Did Chanyeol hyung cheat on you?” Sehun mused, but his interest piqued. Sejin looked up, she pushed her plate away from her.

“Did I say it was him? It’s just that images of tongues clashing flashed in my head, it was as if I witnessed something like that.” Sejin let out a hearty chuckle before leaning over to kiss Chanyeol’s cheek and then she left the table.

 

 

“Shim Manbok.” Chanyeol stated, Kai nodded back. The two were in Sehun’s study, they needed to talk before deciding what to do next.

“Where did they catch him?” Kai asked, Chanyeol was standing by the windows.

“He was trying to leave Seoul, we ran their license plates, remember? The car was spotted.”

Kai smirked and shook his head.

“Stupid mistake.” He commented, Chanyeol glanced at the windows again. He saw Daniel walking towards his car, and then Sejin got out.

“He had photos of us, Jongin. Our family, Sejin, he even has photos of you and Jena. Have you two been hanging out?” Chanyeol asked, Kai paused briefly and he shrugged.

“I ran into her a couple of times.”

Chanyeol nodded back, Kai followed his gaze and he shook his head.

“What a brave kid. Confronting the great Lee Sejin.”

“What are we going to do with him?” Chanyeol asked, he buried his hands in his pockets, his eyes focused on Sejin’s face.

“We ask questions.”

“Do you actually think he’ll talk?” Chanyeol snorted.

“We don’t ask questions nicely.” Kai replied, the older male smirked.

“Okay, should I be worried for Daniel?” Chanyeol asked, Kai chuckled and shook his head.

“Sejin hates him. She was referring to him earlier, huh?” Kai asked, Chanyeol nodded back.

“To be honest, he’s not good for her.”

 

 

Sejin reached Chanyeol’s car and then she let out a sigh. She was glad he decided not to take bodyguards with them tonight, letting out a fit would have been embarrassing.

But she couldn’t really control it, she was just too annoyed.

She got inside the Wraith’s backseat and stretched her legs before her, Sejin was about to send Chanyeol a text when her feet accidentally hit on something beneath the driver’s seat.

She paused before leaning down to reach in under the chair, her fingers came in contact with something cold to the touch. She gently pulled it out and gasped.

Underneath Sehun’s porch lights, she could identify the gun in her hands, it was a 9mm pistol, right underneath the driver’s seat of her boyfriend’s car.

Sejin almost jumped when she heard footsteps outside, she turned and found Daniel looking at her intently. She quickly shoved the gun back in and slid down from the car.

“C—an I talk to you, noona?”

Her brows creased together, but she nodded back and shut the door behind her.

“I know I am the reason why you and Jena aren’t on good terms, and I…feel bad about it.” He begun, Sejin leaned against the vehicle.

Yeah, I feel bad for Toben too. You bring all poodles shame.

“You feel bad about it.” Sejin repeated, he nodded back.

“I understand you must have had your reasons at that party, you were right, I shouldn’t have acted way too casually and I must always know my place.”

Is he making me feel bad?

Know whose place? You were exchanging saliva with another woman while holding my cousin’s hand on your freaking secret dates!

“I wanted to apologize, noona. I know that Jena has been really cold to you, but don’t worry, I’ll talk to her about it. And make her understand.” Daniel said with an easy smile.

 

 

“Oh, you’re out here.”

Daniel glanced over his shoulder, Jena was making her way towards them. Sejin exhaled and looked away.

“Yeah, I was just chatting with Sejin noona.”

“Really? You should be careful. She bites.” Jena stated, Sejin tilted her head and bit her tongue.

“Jena, don’t be like that. We were just~”

“Hey guys,”

Jena halted, Kai was walking towards them with that huge grin of his. Sejin eyed him warily.

“Sehun just kicked me out of the house, what are you up to, Hong Jen?” He asked playfully as he wrapped one arm around the girl’s neck.

Sejin leaned back against the car, amused.

“I still don’t understand how my cousins put up with you.” Jena replied with a sigh, Daniel glanced at the two, his forehead creasing.

“Oh, don’t be like that, Sejin’s one of the most important women in my life, right, babe?” Kai turned to his friend, the latter puffed her cheeks at him.

“Please don’t say I’m the seco~” Jena started to speak, but Kai tugged her closer.

“Oh, of course, you are one of them two. But not the second one, we just met, darling.” Kai mused at Jena.

Daniel looked away and cleared his throat, Sejin’s brows went up and she looked at the two.

Kai.

Kai’s eyes were doing that thing.

The thing where he was really looking at someone.

Oh my goodness, the poodle has competition.

“Does that make me number one?” Sejin chimed in, her lips curling up. She looked at Daniel again, he had gone silent and his eyes were on Kim Jongin.

“No, that would make me number one on Chanyeol hyung’s hit list.” Kai joked back as he dropped his arm to his side, Jena glanced at him and grinned.

“I’ll see you guys around.” Kai winked at Sejin, she nodded back. And then he turned to Jena and he reached for her hand and gave it a small squeeze.

“Take it easy on your cousin. She’s actually a nice person” He said playfully before jogging towards his car, Jena was about to react but the Lamborghini was already speeding away from them.

Sejin turned her back on the two as she made her way towards the house, she had a small smirk on her face as she walked up the steps.

I doubt there’s competition.

We’re talking about Kim Jongin here.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++