026

boyfriend

 

“He’s in Seoul.” Jena said as they reached the older girl’s office, Sejin exhaled and nodded back.

“Months ago, abeoji assigned this project to me. It turns out, its with them, Clover Group.”

Jena tilted her head and sighed.

“Anyway, what brings you here?” Sejin shook her head before sitting down, Jena stared at her cousin, she chewed on her lower lip before speaking.

“U—Unnie, I came here to..apologize,”

Sejin’s eyes widened and she looked at the girl.

“Jena, what are you~”

The girl suddenly ran towards her and enveloped her cousin in a tight hug, Sejin grew confused and then she heard Jena’s sobs.

She paused before gently wrapping her arms around the younger girl.

“I—I’m really sorry, unnie. I thought….I forgot what we were doing, and I—I admit I got too attached to him. I didn’t see how you were just looking out for me,” She breathed.

“Jen, what happened?” Sejin asked, the girl sniffed before pulling back to meet her gaze.

“I made a mistake, unnie.”

“Did he hurt you?” Sejin grew astounded, Jena shook her head and let got of her.

“No, I hurt myself, unnie. I got too attached and forgot what we really were.” Jena wiped her tears away, Sejin’s fists curled but she could only nod back.

“Are you busy, unnie?” Jena looked at her, Sejin glanced at full desk, but she shook her head.

“I’m not.”

“I’m really sorry, unnie. Will you forgive me?” Jena took her hand, the girl smiled and nodded.

“Well, now it’s your turn to yell at me.” Sejin stated, Jena paused, stunned at her words.

“What?”

“I’ve been working with Jooheon for months now, we’ve been meeting up and all.”

Jena’s eyes doubled in size at her words.

“And, the other night….he tried to kiss me. He wanted to get back together.”

“What?”

“And, Park Chanyeol just found out because….we ran into Jooheon.”

“Lee Sejin!”

 

 

Sejin watched as her cousin joined the crowd at the dancefloor, she exhaled and turned to her drink. She shook her head in disdain before slowly pushing the glass away from her.

Was I wrong?

It was just work; I didn’t know it would bother him this much.

She glanced at her phone, she had been trying to reach Chanyeol for hours now, but he wouldn’t pick up or reply to her text messages.

Sejin crossed her arms and looked around her, she still couldn’t believe it.

Jena crying over Daniel. It was just so wrong.

She ran her fingers through her hair, she didn’t like how Jooheon was so gutsy to approach her at the company earlier.

She didn’t like how her cousin seem so broken over Kang Daniel.

And of course, Park Chanyeol was ignoring her calls.

“Hi, are you alone tonight?” She heard a masculine voice speak, she turned her head just as a male sat down beside her, he had an easy smile and he leaned towards her.

Sejin pulled back, almost falling on the chair in the process.

“Mind if I join you for some drinks?” He asked as he wrapped his fingers around her wrist, Sejin was about to yell at him but someone pulled her away.

“Look, someone will mind if you touch her again. And that someone might break your neck, so, back off.” Kai snapped, the male blinked back and he gave Sejin a cheesy wink before moving along.

“Kai,” Sejin breathed, the male looked at her, confused.

“Why are you here? You hate clubs and human interaction.” Kai replied, Sejin nodded towards the dancefloor, the male’s eyes zeroed in on Jena.

“W—What happened?” Kai asked, Sejin shook her head.

“Kang Daniel happened. I should have finished him earlier, that way~”

“Finished?” Kai gently guided her to a seat, he glanced over his shoulder and eyed his men, the two nodded and stood by the dancefloor.

“Here,” Sejin puffed her cheeks as she handed her phone to him, Kai looked at the screen as a video played before him.

“This was taken at that Park Holdings event months ago, now, do I still have to explain myself why I hate him? And now, my cousin comes crying because of him, I don’t even know what he said to her, and I don’t want to know. it’s just wrong, Kai. Jena….Jena’s always been so guarded, I don’t know how he did this. How he,” Sejin’s eyes went to her cousin and she frowned.

“How he made her open her heart to him, only for him to break it after.”

Kai pursed his lips and shook his head, he put the phone down and looked at his friend.

“Let’s get out of here, I don’t want to get in trouble. I have a match in a few days.” He stood up and stretched her hand for the girl. Sejin shook her head and grabbed her purse.

“I have to head out first, can…can you take care of her?”

Kai blinked back, but he nodded.

“I just…I have a lot on my plate right now, I don’t think I can~”

“I know, Chanyeol hyung went home early. You two need to talk.” Kai murmured, Sejin stopped and looked at him.

“Just go, don’t worry, I’ll make sure Jena gets home safe, but, you really need to talk to your Park Chanyeol.”

“Sejin-ah,” Kai reached for her arm, Sejin saw how her guards had rushed in the club as well, she looked at her friend but he was already on his phone.

“Kai, what~” She stopped when she noticed the evident frown on his face, she tugged on his sleeve.

Kai turned his head and two unfamiliar men walked towards them, Sejin paused in confusion.

“I’ll drive Chanyeol hyung’s car myself. These guys are my security detail. They can take you to him.” Kai said in a rash manner, Sejin glanced at Jena again.

“Sejin-ah, trust me. I’ll take care of her, go now. Please.”

Sejin slowly nodded back and turned her back to him, Kai watched as the girl made her way towards the club’s exit.

Go now before he blows up.

 

 

Chanyeol pulled his laptop closer and his forehead creased, there really was an ongoing project between Clover Group and LeeSan.

He shook his head and leaned back on his seat.

It irked him that Sejin never mentioned this to him, it might all just business for her, but Jooheon was her ex. He will always be her exboyfriend no matter what.

“Sir,”

He looked up from his desk just as one of his men walked in the room, Chanyeol shut his laptop close.

“What is it?”

“There’s been some movements, sir. At Itaewon and Chuncheon. Here,” He handed him a printed photos of CCTV images, Chanyeol exhaled and shook his head.

“These trucks were caught on camera, all of them were carrying the same license plates, we traced it to a single sedan that is under the name of Shin Manbok.”

“He wasn’t lying then. But, this feels like a trap, how could he give that up so easily?” Chanyeol murmured, his phone beeped again. His forehead creased before putting the screen away from him. The male before him chewed on his lip before speaking.

“And, sir, vice president Lee is with her cousin, miss Hong. They are at Octagon Club, and,” The male trailed off, Chanyeol’s gaze was on him.

“And what?”

“Something happened, but it has been solved right away, sir.”

“What do you mean?” Chanyeol asked sharply.

“We were distracted for a moment, sir. Some random man approached the vice president while she was alone, good thing young master Kim was there, however,”

Chanyeol shook his head and loosened his tie.

“We intercepted someone trying to break into your car, sir. We found several explosives with him. We believe that he was planning to plant a bomb on the car.”

 

 

Sejin stepped out of the club flankes by Kai’s bodyguards, she scratched the back of her head and looked at them.

“You know, sirs, I’m just gonna take a cab and go home. I can see Chanyeol tomorrow.” She reasoned, the guards stared at her, stunned.

“Y—Young miss, we were instructed to take you~”

“I know, but, tonight, I would rather be alone. No, I’d like to be alone.” She murmured, the men looked at each other.

“Then, at least let us drive you to your home, please, young miss.”

“It’s okay, I’ll be fine.” Sejin nodded at them, the males scrambled after her, but Sejin was already across the street. They watched as the young lady got in a cab and the vehicle sped away, the two guards sighed and got inside the black Audi sedan and tailed after the said taxi.

Sejin pursed her lips as she looked at her phone, in the heat of the moment, she quickly turned it off and leaned on the seat.

“Where to, miss?” The cab driver spoke to her, Sejin pursed her lips.

“Somewhere…quiet.”

The driver paused briefly, but he nodded back, understanding the girl.

“No, wait,” She spoke again.

She fished out a business card from her purse and handed it to the male.

“Oh, do you know the young man who runs this company then? He’s kind of amazing, he runs his company and also manages himself.”

Sejin nodded back and chucked her phone back in her purse.

“I’m not a fan, however, I think I need a word with him.” She replied, the cabdriver glanced at her through the rearview mirror and nodded back.

“Then, miss?”

Sejin peeled her gaze away from the window.

“Yes?”

“Have you ever heard of Scorpion?”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++