025

boyfriend

 

Sejin curled her fingers around her cup of coffee, she felt Chanyeol’s gaze on her.

“I bumped into him last night, I was..craving for street food.”

“You knew he was home.” Chanyeol replied, he picked up his fork and got a bit of his cupcake.

“Yes.”

“For how long?”

“Around two months now.” Sejin puffed her cheeks, she looked at him.

“Chanyeol, I…I wanted…I~”

“Something’s wrong, huh?” Chanyeol said softly, his gaze probing hers, she chewed on her lower lip.

“You’re out of words. This isn’t like you.”

Sejin exhaled and leaned against her chair, her forehead creased as she took a small sip of her drink.

“I ran into him at a rice cake stand, he..seems like he came from a party, I could smell the alcohol on him.”

“Did he touch you?” Chanyeol’s jaw clenched, Sejin quickly shook her head.

“No, we got talking, and he said some things that would make it really difficult for me to continue working with him.”

Now, he was stunned. Chanyeol put his fork down, and really looked at the girl.

“Working with him?” He repeated, as if not hearing it right the first time. Sejin nodded back at him.

“What..What did he say?”

“He told me that, he….he said that..that,” Sejin trailed off, not knowing how to continue.

“What did he say?” Chanyeol exhaled and loosened his tie, he could sense it, something must have happened, the Sejin he knows would never be like this. Sejin doesn’t mince words.

“Sejin-ah.”

“He said he never got over me. And he,..he,” Sejin looked at him, Chanyeol could see the worry in her eyes, something was bothering her.

“He, what, Sejin?”

“He tried to kiss me.” Sejin said, Chanyeol exhaled and pushed his plate away from him.

“Chanyeol~”

“And, you’ve been working with him for months now. You didn’t even care to mention that to me?”

“I thought it didn’t really matter, it’s just work. And we were getting along fine.”

Chanyeol remained quiet, Sejin looked away, not knowing what to do and what else to say.

“Chanyeol, I~”

His hand reached up to his coat pocket, Sejin watched as he took out his car key and put it on the table, her brows went up. He pushed the key towards her before speaking.

“Okay.” Chanyeol slowly stood up, Sejin looked at him.

“Chanyeol, what~”

“I’ll head out first. Drive safely.” He leaned down to kiss the top of her head before walking away from her.

 

 

The taxi cab pulled over infront of a familiar building, Jena exhaled and slid down from the vehicle. Her eyes went to LeeSan Group’s familiar logo, she chewed on her lower lip and marched towards the sliding glass doors.

And then a loud purr of an engine made her halt, she turned her head just as a familiar vehicle came to view.

“Chanyeol oppa,” She murmured, but Sejin was the one who went down from the driver’s side. Jena chewed on the insides of her cheeks, she needed her cousin. But, she knew she messed up big time, it was so wrong of her to take Daniel’s side.

Sejin has always been there for her, no matter how big or small the issue was, the older girl always stood by her.

Heck, she even fought the bullies who used to torment her while they were kids.

Sejin is family.

And, she should never have taken Daniel’s side when her cousin would never turn her back on her.

Jena turned towards Sejin’s direction when another familiar figure appeared. Jena paused as she watched Jooheon approach the Lee heiress.

Jena grew confused as her cousin faced the male

“She’s~”

Sejin was shaking her head at him, and she started to back away.

“Sejin, wait, I~”

“Just leave, Jooheon. Now’s not the time. Please.” Jena heard her cousins’ voice, it sounded strained. She saw men in dark suits approach the scene and they silently positioned themselves behind Sejin.

What does he want?

“Sejin-ah, please.” Jooheon grabbed her arm, Jena saw the discomfort on her cousin’s face and she hurriedly stepped in before the bodyguards could.

“Jena,” Jooheon’s eyes focused on her, Jena sighed.

“Oppa, she asked you to leave.” She said softly, she could feel Sejin’s gaze on the back of her head.

“Jen, you don’t understand, I just need~”

“Please leave, or we will have to use force, sir. You are causing the young miss discomfort.” One of the guards spoke, Sejin looked away and Jooheon let go of her.

Jooheon exhaled, he turned away from them and jogged back towards his car, Jena turned to her cousin, still confused.

“Unnie,” She breathed, the girl nodded back as if sensing how she was feeling.

“Let’s talk inside.” Sejin gave her a small smile before taking her hand.

 

 

“These two women,” The male spoke from behind his desk, he was looking at the set of photos laid before him.

“Hong Jena and Lee Sejin, sir.”

“This Sejin, I know her. The young master Park’s lady love, she’s the one with guards assigned to her. Yes?”

“Yes, sir.”

The male leaned on his desk, his shirt sleeves hiked up revealing a very prominent tattoo on his arm.

“She’s not an easy target. How about this other lady?”

“She’s a cousin of the LeeSan’s heiress, sir. Hong Jena, lately, young master Kim is seen around her a lot.”

“Jongin? And a girl?” The male almost laughed, his assistant nodded back.

“There isn’t much information about her, but she works at an accounting firm. Both of her parents are top lawyers and they own a law firm.”

The male nodded back and leaned back on his seat.

“They still have Manbok?”

“Yes, so far, we’ve already lost three of our safehouses ever since, sir. And, our shipments have been blocked, most of them were taken by the authorities. We’re doing everything we can to delay the investigation.”

“They’re causing too many problems, what should I do?” The man grinned and shook his head, his assistant nodded back.

“There will be a polo game in a few days, it is expected that miss Lee, young master Park will be attending since, Kim Jongin is one of the players.”

“Hmm, that would be good. Maybe it’s time we teach those kids a lesson.”

 

 

Kai looked at the male and pursed his lips, Chanyeol had called him to meet up. It confused him because, he assumed the older male wanted to question Shin Manbok some more, but no, Chanyeol wanted to drink.

“Sejin found a gun in my car. I had to…come up with an alibi for that.” He murmured, Kai glanced at him and sighed.

“Hyung, she has to know.”

Chanyeol shook her head, dismissing the thought.

“You don’t understand, Sejin…Sejin is all about keeping her pristine reputation, the clean image she’s built for herself so that she could run the business peacefully. I…I don’t want her…”

“You think she’s going to leave you because of your family’s other’s side of the business?”

“I don’t want her to realize that..I’m bad for her.” Chanyeol took another sip from his glass, Kai exhaled and shook his head.

“You were never bad for her, hyung. I mean, the old Sejin, she used to be so isolated, she rarely went out and you could rarely hear her speak. But, after you…she’s changed a lot, and for the better too.”

Chanyeol remained quiet, Kai looked at his friend.

“You might think that way, but Sejin’s not like that. She would never leave you just because of this.”

“And, does Sejin know that you’ve been poking around her mortal enemy?” Chanyeol spoke, wanting to change the subject.

“I heard Jooheon’s in town. Is this why we’re here?” Kai replied, Chanyeol shook his head.

“Don’t you ever hurt Jena, Kim Jongin. You’re going to get it from me too.” He replied, Kai smiled and shook his head.

“I just want to be friends with her, hyung.”

Chanyeol snorted at his reply, Kai grinned and took a small sip from his glass.

“You don’t like that Lee Jooheon’s in town. Why?”

Chanyeol’s fingers hovered over his glass, his forehead creased before speaking.

“You know who he is.” He replied, Kai blinked, confused.

“O—Of course, I do. We took the same major.”

“No, you know who he is to Sejin.” Chanyeol swallowed, he took another sip from his glass again.

“What do you~” Kai paused, memories from their college days flashed in his mind, Chanyeol turned to him and shrugged, but he could see the discomfort in his friend’s eyes.

“Her great love, Lee Jooheon.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++