013

boyfriend

 

The guards looked on uneasily as their boss’s girlfriend leaned against the Suburban, she had refused to get inside the car. Leaving her so exposed and they couldn’t even guard her properly because Chanyeol warned them not to hover over her.

Sejin crossed her arms, not minding the chilly air as it touched her bare skin. The young lady looked shaken, but they could feel that she was worried.

She spotted Chanyeol crossing the lobby and he got through the doors quickly, his brows rose when he saw her.

“Why didn’t you wait in the car? It’s cold.” He asked as he took off his coat and draped it around her.

“What was that? Did you call the police?” She asked him, Chanyeol nodded and opened the car’s door for her.

“I already have people taking care of it, come on.” He nudged her, Sejin climbed into the SUV, Chanyeol sat own beside her.

“Wait,” Sejin paused, Chanyeol’s eyes widened as he looked at her, even the guards stopped moving.

“When did you get this car? It’s very…unlike you.”

Chanyeol let out a mental sigh of relief, he was about to reply when Sejin started to talk again.

“I mean, no hate or anything, but it’s not y. That’s why it’s unlike you.” She explained, now Chanyeol grew amused, it was typical of her to focus on the most random things. Or, she chose not to talk about what happened earlier.

“Are you okay? Did they hurt you?”

“Well, aside from the blindfold and me being manhandled, everything’s peachy.” She shrugged at him, she didn’t want to aggravate him more.

“Peachy.” He repeated as he gently tugged the coat and her shoulder came into view, and he traced the bruise on her flesh.

“It doesn’t hurt.”

“Did they say something?”

“What’s going on, Chanyeol?” She spoke, Chanyeol’s forehead creased, he exhaled and ed the first buttons of his shirt before speaking.

“I was almost kidnapped two weeks ago, and they failed. Soon after that,”

Sejin froze, he noticed how her forehead crumpled.

“Chanyeol, why didn’t you tell me?”

“I didn’t want to worry you, and I thought I could…solve the problem, but it only got worse. And, Sejin, I am so sorry for letting you be dragged into this.” Chanyeol held onto her hand, Sejin shook her head.

“I’m more annoyed that you didn’t tell me anything. I mean, something as dangerous as this, how could you~” She exhaled, the driver’s met Chanyeol’s gaze through the rearview mirror.

“I’d like to get something to eat. Can we pull over?” She spoke, Chanyeol nodded at the male.

The slowly pulled to a full stop, Sejin immediately slid down from the car, and the guards scrambled after her. Chanyeol exhaled and leaned his head back on the seat.

“Sir?”

“Yes?”

“She’ll come for you once she finds out the truth.”

 

 

Jena glanced back behind at her and found Kai already out of the car.

“Thanks for the save, although it might have traumatized me a bit.” She spoke, Kai grinned and buried his hands in his pockets.

“You can’t deny my perfect timing though,” He added, Jena smiled and shook her head.

“I wasn’t going to,” She mused back as she handed his jacket back to him.

“I still can’t reach unnie though, she must be busy at that party.”

Kai paused briefly, his forehead creased, but he nodded back.

“Surely, she’ll call you back later.” Kai murmured, Jena shrugged.

“Well, you know her, she’s always been greedy with her time, but, Chanyeol oppa changed that.”

“You mean, she’s more sociable now.” Kai said teasingly, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket again.

“I know how this sounds but, we kind of have to thank Park Chanyeol for that.” Jena replied, she glanced at her house again, her parents were probably in bed by now.

But, she didn’t want to come off as rude, or ungrateful.

“Would you..Would you like to come in for some tea or coffee?” She asked awkwardly.

“Hmm, can I hold on to that?” Kai replied, Jena’s brows went up, confused.

“What?”

And then his smirk started to appear, he walked back towards his car.

“I’m quite in a rush right now, but I will surely be back for some coffee.” He winked at her, Jena grimaced.

“Back? As in here? My house?”

“That would be too much, we just became friends though. But if you’re game with staying in~”

“Stop it,” She hissed at him, Kai laughed and opened the car’s door.

“I’ll swing by at work for coffee then.” He mused before getting inside the vehicle, Jena watched as he sped away from the property. And then she paused, she scratched the back of her head.

“He’s coming over at my workplace? Oh, hell no.” She mumbled darkly as she made her way towards the house.

“He looks like trouble and I bet he is.”

 

 

Chanyeol jogged after the girl while she was in the process of getting inside a fast food restaurant, her guards could only look on, not knowing what to do.

Chanyeol pushed the doors open and she walked past him, he puffed his cheeks and followed her.

“A cheeseburger, yes. Large fries, and, do you have a milkshake?” She was speaking with the man behind the counter.

“Yes, we have a strawberry flavored one and~”

“Strawberry,” Chanyeol piped in, knowing her preferences, he felt the girl sigh in front of him, he pursed his lips.

“I don’t have my wallet with me.” She murmured, Chanyeol nodded back at her. Sejin faced him, her forehead creasing.

“You’re mad at me.” He stated.

“No.”

“Sure.” He murmured, and then, Sejin smiled, the guards blinked in confusion.

“I just don’t want to discuss these things when I’m hungry, because when I am, I tend to be a little crabby and impatient. And, I sure as hell don’t want to fight you.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened, Sejin did see the man bleeding on the floor earlier, and he was worried she would want to talk about that.

“I need to eat before you walk me through this whole…thing, and, you needing bodyguards is already worrying enough.” She explained as she took his hand and pulled him to the nearest vacant table.

Chanyeol paused, not knowing how to react. He was expecting for her to be mad at him, but it felt like she wasn’t. Sejin sat down and looked at him expectantly.

“I didn’t want you to worry about me, I wanted to tell you but,” Chanyeol trailed off, not knowing what to say, he was already seated right in front of her.

“And yet you’re fine with worrying about me? Even beating up people for me.” She murmured, Chanyeol paused, he looked away. Their food arrived as she picked up a fry before continuing.

“Who are those people? Who..wants to kidnap you?”

Chanyeol shook his head, he pushed the food towards her. Sejin picked at her burger.

“Nobody knows, abeoji has sent out private investigators but still nothing.”

She puffed her cheeks and looked at him, Chanyeol was chewing on the insides of his cheeks, anxious as hell.

“Is this why you have guards also following me at that party?”

Chanyeol nodded.

“And, it would help you sleep better if I had them around?”

“Are you okay with that?”

Sejin scrunched her nose at him, but she nodded.

“If it helps you…If it helps lessen your problems, then, it’s okay. I understand the purpose. But, next time, Yeol,” Her forehead creased and she pushed her strawberry shake towards him.

“Just tell me things, I mean, look where that got us.”

“You’re not going to yell at me?” Chanyeol blinked at her, she broke into a smile before transferring to the seat beside his.

“Now I feel bad, I noticed you were acting odd but I kinda shook it off. Little did I know you were going through so much.” She said as she leaned against his shoulder and took a bite of her burger.

“So, those men from earlier~”

“They probably wanted to use you to get to me.” Chanyeol said quickly, Sejin shrugged and glanced at the guards again. She faced him again and paused when she realized that Chanyeol was staring back at her.

“Like I said, I’m fine with the bodyguards.” She murmured, her cheeks turning pink, Chanyeol smiled and leaned in to kiss her cheek.

“I’m sorry.”

 

 

Chanyeol slowly sat up and turned his head again, Sejin was fast asleep on her side of the bed. It had taken him a while to persuade the girl to stay the night, she loves the comfort of her own room.

Chanyeol slid down from the bed, he took off his shirt and walked towards the closet. He picked out a black sweater and quickly put it on.

His phone buzzed on the table and he chucked it in his pant pocket, he grabbed his car keys from the bedside table and knelt down to check on Sejin.

He smiled, seeing her on his bed made him realize how comfortable Sejin was with him, and she trusted him enough to sleep beside him.

“I wont let them touch you. Not you.” He whispered as he pulled the covers closer to her, Chanyeol touched her hair before standing up. He ran his fingers through his hair before stepping out of the room, he made his way towards the garage and found his men waiting.

“Over here, hyung!” Kai called out, the doors lifted up, he was standing before six men, they were all blindfolded and gagged as they huddled on the floor together.

“Don’t worry, the blood wont stain.” Kai chuckled as he nudged his shoe against the bleeding man’s wound.

“How’s Jena?” Chanyeol asked, not up for jokes.

“She’s home and safe, I drove her myself.” Kai assured the older male, Chanyeol exhaled and his eyes focused on the males before him.

“What does your boss want? Wasn’t the message I sent enough? Or,” He crouched down to look at them, his gaze turning cold.

“Perhaps, the messenger didn’t make it?” He smirked, Kai his lips and picked up a hammer from the toolbox nearby, their men stepped back.

“They wont spill, hyung. The other day, at that building we raided they had photos of Jena and Sejin.”

Chanyeol nodded, took out a small lighter from his pocket and lit it up, the men before him squirmed.

“Who goes first? You?” Chanyeol asked Kai, the younger male fiddled with the hammer in his hand before leaning down, the male right across him tried to move away.

“I was just planning on a quiet night, and yet,” He cleared his throat as he slammed the hammer on the male’s palm, the latter howled in pain.

“I get that you have issues with our clan, but dragging those women into this, is going to be the end of Scorpion.”

One of them scoffed, Chanyeol tilted his head. Kai grinned and he stood up, he kicked the hammer away before burying his jeans in his pocket.

“Let’s see if you still find it funny once we do this.” Chanyeol nodded back, he lit the lighter again and tossed it on the same man’s pant leg. The flames stared to crawl up and it even crossed to his friend’s shirt beside him.

Chanyeol stepped back, he crossed his arms and watched in amusement. Kai took a long sip from his beer as he looked on, his eyes went to his friend.

Chanyeol had a lot on his plate right now, usually he was patient with these things, but now Sejin was involved and the girl also had no idea about this side of their family business.

His friend looked so angry, cold even. It was unlike him, but Kai could understand that. Sejin mattered a lot to his friend, no, Sejin was probably something more.

She kept him sane. She kept him going.

“Our boss!” One finally let out a muffled scream, Kai glanced behind him and two of their men immediately hosed the fire down. He was ungagged by one of the guards.

“He wants you to give up Seoul,” One sputtered, his eye was swollen and there was a bruise across his cheek.

“Or else,” He choked, Chanyeol looked at Kai, his forehead creasing.

“He won’t stop. We won’t stop until we get what we want!” He yelled at the two, Kai shook his head.

“So, why won’t he show his face?” Kai challenged back, the male spat before replying.

One of their men moved towards Chanyeol and discreetly whispered something in his ear, the tall male’s lips quirked up.

“Because you two aren’t worth it, our boss knows that!” He laughed maniacally, Chanyeol sighed, he leaned down and grabbed the man’s arm, he looked at the tattoo.

“Well, now you know that you also aren’t worthy of being Scorpion.” He said to him as he pressed as pocket knife against the tattoo and he pushed it harder, the male started to scream in pain.

“Thanks to your cellphone, we tracked your safehouse.” He smirked as he stood up, the bleeding male’s other colleagues glanced at each other worriedly.

“We have another thing to light up.” Chanyeol commented as he turned back towards the garage, the males watched as he disappeared into the darkness again.

“Send them back and make sure,” Kai said to the guards before following the older male, but he stopped and turned to the Scorpion men again.

“They get the message this time.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++