019

boyfriend

 

Chanyeol broke into a smile as he was led into the living room, Sejin’s mother stood up to greet him.

“Chanyeol-ah, what happened?” She said jokingly before giving the male a hug.

“Sejin got tied up in some meetings, so she’s running a bit late, auntie. I’m sorry.” He said apologetically, the elder waved him off.

“Knowing my daughter, it’s not your fault.” She said, Chanyeol walked towards the birthday celebrant.

“I heard that a certain young lady is celebrating her birthday today,” He said in a playful tone as he neared her, Sejin’s father and uncle laughed.

“Mister Park, how nice of you to be on time, unlike my granddaughter.” She replied before patting his cheek.

“I heard you cooked your specialty today, halmeoni.” Chanyeol said as he sat down beside her, Sejin’s mother smiled to herself. The boy was basically family now, everyone was already comfortable around him to the point that they weren’t used to seeing Sejin without him.

“I did, but, can you eat crabs? I cooked some too.”

“Of course, I can. Your cooking has always been the best, halmae.” Chanyeol chuckled, and then he looked up as Jena walked in the room.

“Oh, oppa,” She said as she joined them in the living room, her eyes scanned the room, but she didn’t say anything else.

Chanyeol mentally sighed, he had no idea what was going on between the two and he didn’t want intrude. But it was so weird seeing Sejin and Jena not being in good terms, and he was also having a hard time with this too.

“How’s work lately, Jen?” He asked as the elders slowly walked towards the garden patio, lunch was being served there.

“Stressing, oppa. But, what’s new?” She said to him, her tone light.

“And, I do keep on seeing your friend around. Jongin’s not the busiest, huh?”

Chanyeol chuckled as he walked with the girl.

“He’s almost not busy sometimes. He’s not bullying you into talking to him, right?”

“Never.” Jena mused back before walking ahead of him, Chanyeol felt his phone buzz in his pocket and he took it out.

We got someone.

 

 

Sejin ran her fingers through her hair as she padded towards the front door, her grandmother’s butler welcomed her warmly and walked her to the patio. She could hear Chanyeol’s voice, he was chatting with her uncle and father. Sejin smiled to herself, it was always so easy for him to talk to people.

The man can even joke around with her grandmother, thank the heavens for Park Chanyeol.

She paused when she noticed that everyone was already seated, she let out a small sheepish smile.

“Sejin-ah,” Her mother sighed, Sejin scrunched her nose as she made her way towards her grandmother, the elder had a stern but playful look on her face as the girl leaned to kiss her cheek.

“Sorry for being late, did you save some for me?” She said playfully.

“I was thinking not to, but I did.” The elder replied, Sejin chuckled.

“Happy birthday, halmae.”

“Go and sit down, you must be hungry.” She nudged the girl, Sejin took her seat between Chanyeol and Jena’s mother.

“How have you been, auntie?”

“I’ve been well, Sejin-ah. You look pretty as always.” She patted her hand, Sejin thanked her, her head turned to Chanyeol.

“I asked them to go ahead since you’re here.” She said quietly, Chanyeol nodded back and put some crabs on her plate.

“With your older brother always being away, it’s rare to have a meal together, huh?” The elder spoke, Jena’s mother nodded back.

“Oppa said he’ll be spending Christmas here, his son will be coming too, eomma.”

Sejin focused on her plate, she picked up her utensils, she looked across her, Jena was eating quietly. She her lips before opening .

“I thought they didn’t give you the Sundays off, Jen?” She said in a light tone, but Jena didn’t react. The girl continued to eat, not even bothering to look up.

The elders paused, as if sensing the tension between the two. Chanyeol leaned back on his seat, stunned.

“Jen~”

“What’s this? I was supposed to surprise everyone, and yet the living room was empty.” A familiar voice said, everyone looked up.

“Oppa!” Jena blurted out.

“Sehun-ah!”

 

 

“It’s been almost a year, how are you?” Sejin said before giving her cousin a hug, the latter chuckled and patted her back.

“I’ve been well, I have news that you might like.”

The two cousins were at the veranda that overlooked the garden and garage.

“What news?”

“Abeoji has finally put his foot down. I was fired.” Sehun spoke, Sejin had to stifle a laugh. The younger male eyed her warily.

“I have two months till I leave my position.”

“Well, you’ve been a pilot for a good three years, Sehun. I mean, time’s…kinda up.” She replied, she glanced down as she saw Chanyeol and her father crowding over the family’s old Mercedes Benz W116.

The two were chatting along as Mr. Lee popped the hood and Chanyeol was checking out the engine. Sejin smiled to herself and her cousin caught that.

“I always knew you found the right one, noona.” He said, Sejin turned to him, her eyes narrowing.

“He gets along with the family, hyung’s perfect for you.” He chuckled.

“Well, he’s~”

“However, you and Jena aren’t speaking to each other. Why?” Sehun crossed his arms as he leaned against the balustrade, Sejin paused and shook her head.

The glass doors slid open, revealing Jena.

“Oppa, aren’t you going to join us for some dessert?” She spoke, her eyes focusing on the older male. Sehun’s brows furrowed deeply before replying.

“I am, but you two better in attendance later. Dinner at my place.” Sehun pushed himself off the balustrade and rubbed his palms together.

“Of course.” Sejin replied, Jena’s lips quirked up.

“Then, oppa, can I bring a friend with me?” She asked, Sehun nodded back and kissed the side of her head.

“Of course, I’m glad to see that you are well, Jen.” Sehun said before leaving the two girls alone.

“Jena, what~”

“Don’t act too chummy now, unnie. It isn’t like you.” Jena spat before moving away.

 

 

Sejin exhaled as she stared at the pool’s still waters, the staff should be draining it by now in preparation for colder months.

There a few things running on her mind.

Jooheon had called her earlier, inviting her to lunch. He wanted to talk with her in another environment, he even joked about working together.

And then, there was Jena. Sejin didn’t want her younger cousin to be hurt, but she had a feeling that it was a little too late for that. Jena got attached to him, she sighed.

“Just, why did I have t~”

She felt a palm press on her back and a familiar scent engulfed her. Chanyeol let out a small chuckle, knowing he caught her off guard.

“I already said goodbye to everyone, they’re looking for you inside.” He spoke to her, Sejin nodded.

“I’ll just~”

“Wait,” Chanyeol held onto her hand, the girl halted and looked at him. Then, she felt Chanyeol’s fingers on her wrist, she looked down and paused.

“Chanyeol~”

“Things have been really stressing lately, I know you’re bothered with what’s going on with me, the whole kidnapping thing. And, I feel bad.” He said quickly, Sejin looked at the tennis bracelet on her wrist.

“This…is the fourth tennis bracelet, mister Park. You got to stop.” She said with a smile, Chanyeol shrugged, he just leaned over to kiss her forehead.

“I feel bad for making you worry about me.”

Sejin met his gaze and then she let out a sigh before wrapping her arms around his waist. Chanyeol chuckled and hugged her back.

“Of course I worry about you, it would be wrong if I don’t. But, you don’t have to feel bad over it.” She mused as she patted his back and then her palm landed on something hard and solid.

She paused, her brows going up, she felt Chanyeol stiffen and he gently pushed her back.

“What was~”

“I’ll go start the car for us.” He said with a smile.

“There’s something~”

Chanyeol leaned down to press his lips against hers, and then he gave her another a smile.

“I’ll wait outside.” He said before turning his back to her, he wordlessly marched towards his waiting Mustang.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++