027

boyfriend

 

Jena stopped when she realized that Kai was standing right behind her, she blinked at him.

“Y—You! When did you get here?” She grinned at him, Kai’s forehead creased at her but he stretched one hand towards the girl.

“Do you want to dance together?” Jena chuckled at him before placing her hand in his.

“Jena, we have to go.” Kai said over the loud beats of the music, the girl shook her head at him.

“But, Kai, it’s so fun here!”

Kai exhaled, he could feel his phone pulsing in his jean pocket, he looked at the girl again and their intertwined fingers.

“Jen.”

Jena faced him, and then he gently tugged her to him and started to pull her away from the crowd.

“Kai!”

“I know, you can yell at me later, but we really need to go.” Kai said, his guards followed the two of them as they made their way towards the doors.

“But, unnie is~”

“Sejin already went ahead,” Kai breathed as they were outside, his car was already waiting by the corner.

“She’s bothered. But, she didn’t tell.” Jena murmured as she held on to his arm, Kai looked at her.

“I think…” She said as she fixed her shirt and ran her fingers through her hair.

“She and her Park Chanyeol had a fight or…I don’t know, I just noticed how she’s been trying to reach him, but…oppa never calls her back. How mean.” She puffed her already pinkish cheeks, Kai realized that Jena was a little tipsy.

“So, you two are friends now?” Kai asked as he guided her to his car, he glanced behind his shoulder and noticed a black van pulling over. One of his guards hauled in a male into the vehicle, he exhaled and focused on Jena again.

“But, you,” She was smiling at him, Kai paused, feeling knots starting to form in his stomach.

“Have you always been this nice?” Jena giggled, Kai grew amused and just slowly pushed her into the vehicle.

“You’re drunk, Jen.”

“Hmm, drunk enough to think that you look really y under the moonlight, Kim Jongin.” She pressed her palms together, Kai laughed and simply closed the car’s door.

 

 

“What?” Chanyeol’s deep voice echoed through the walls, the men looked away.

“We were told to receive her here, sir. But, the young miss took a cab and~”

“Do we have the taxicab tailed? Where are they?”

A still silence took over the garage, the men glanced at each other, not knowing what to reply.

“Do we have them tailed?” Chanyeol repeated again, one male shook his head.

“Two of young master Kim’s guards went after her, but, they lost the cab, young master.”

Chanyeol exhaled, he took out his phone and started to dial for Sejin’s number, he cursed as soon as his call went to voicemail.

“We already have people roaming around downtown for the cab, sir. They managed to get the plates~”

“That’s not the point here!” He snapped as he opened the Mustang’s door.

“How could you lose track of one person?” Chanyeol got in the car and sped off, his phone started to ring and he picked up.

“Hyung, I have Jena with me. I’ll drop her off at her place.”

“Good, can you stay with her until I clear this up?”

Kai exhaled from the other line.

“Still no clue where she might be?”

“No and,” Chanyeol’s knuckles whitened as he held onto the wheel tightly.

“I have a bad feeling about this, what about the man from earlier?”

“We already have him, we sent him to your warehouse. He should be there by now.”

Chanyeol tossed his phone away and stepped on the gas, something didn’t feel right. Sejin was nowhere to be found and he couldn’t reach her. Not that he could blame the girl, he had been dodging her calls all day.

But not knowing where she was drove him insane.

“Please be safe. Please be safe.” Chanyeol murmured under his breath as he switched lanes.

 

 

“This…This isn’t my place.” Jena said as she wobbled out of the car, Kai stretched his hand to the girl.

“Yes, this is where I live.” Kai replied, waiting for the girl to take his hand, Jena looked at him and she smiled.

“Wow, this friendship is progressing. How smooth of you, Kim Jongin.” She mused back as she took his offered arm instead. Kai let out a chuckle, he glanced behind him. His men gave him solemn looks, meaning, no word from Sejin still.

“Unnie seems down.”

“You seem down.” Kai replied, Jena shook her head, as if shaking a bad memory.

“Boys .” She said to him, Kai grew pensive but he nodded back.

“I mean, no offense but,”

“But, what?” Kai held onto her elbow as they reached the porch.

“I deserve a hearty “I told you so.”.”

“I don’t think you should blame yourself for that, Jen. Granted, you knew what you were putting yourself in, but…”

“I let some random boy be a big part of my life?” She continued, Kai scrunched his nose at her.

“If he was special to you, then he was worth it.”

Jena paused, Kai’s forehead creased.

“But, he hurt you. So, in my dictionary, he’s not worth it.” He added, Jena shook her head.

“Maybe, I don’t need a boyfriend.” She claimed as they walked in the house.

Kai exhaled and made the girl face him, he didn’t like how Jena sounded so degrading to herself.

“Look, Jen, you are so much more than what you’re claiming. Yes, you don’t need a boyfriend, but don’t ever let someone invalidate how you feel.” He said as he gently cupped her face.

“Are you..flirting with me right now?” She blurted out, Kai let out a laugh and he actually nodded back.

“I might as well take advantage of this situation, right? His loss, my gain.” He scrunched his nose at her.

“Ew,” Jena shot back, Kai chuckled before leaning over to kiss the top of her head.

“I mean it, he doesn’t deserve you, he’s just a boy.” Kai said softly before guiding her towards the living room.

 

 

“Scorpion? The insect?” Sejin asked from the backseat, the driver hummed back.

“No, it’s actually an organization, miss.”

Sejin scratched the back of her head, she had no idea why the cab driver was chatting with her. And she didn’t feel like talking, she leaned back on her seat and crossed her arms.

“I don’t really know a lot of organizatons, mister.”

The cab pulled to a slow halt, Sejin looked around and recognized the building before her.

“We’re here, miss.” The driver turned to her and Sejin finally saw his face through the streetlight, he had a wide grin but what disturbed her the most was the tattoo on his cheekbone that ran down through his jaw.

Sejin hurriedly took out some bills from her wallet and slid down from the cab, she made her way towards the building’s doors. She froze as she heard the cab’s door shut close.

“Hey, miss!” The driver called out, Sejin mentally winced as she realized that the building was close.

Good move, Lee Sejin, going to an office in the middle of the night,

“Miss,” She could hear his footsteps behind her, she panicked and turned to face him.

“You left your change.” He grinned as he extended one palm to her, Sejin blinked back.

“J—Just take it, sir. It’s fine.” She replied, his gaze went to the glass doors behind her and his smile widened.

“It seems like no one is inside.” He told her, Sejin swallowed and looked around them. The street was empty as well. She felt the man’s gaze on her face, she was about to ask him to move away when another car arrived.

“Vice president!”

Sejin recognized the black Suburban across them, three males clad in black suits were suddenly standing before them.

“Please step back from the vice president.” One of them spoke as he between Sejin and the cab driver.

“I was just asking~” The male raised one hand and pushed him back, Sejin was about to move when she noticed a Mustang pull over.

“You can keep the change, sir. Just please step back.”

Sejin’s eyes were on the vehicle, her forehead creased when the car moved again.

“What is he~” The Mustang’s engine revved up, she felt the guard before her tense up and he turned to Sejin.

“Vice president, let us you home.” He said politely, Sejin was about to speak when she noticed the Mustang already speeding away from them.

She exhaled before giving the man a small nod.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++