011

boyfriend

 

“Yes, I heard it. I still have no idea how the market will look like after that move.” Sejin replied, Mr. Park nodded in agreement.

“We had to sell our shares before news hit the public, good thing it was reported immediately, don’t you think, Sejin-ah?”

“It might be unfair to others, but I agree, uncle.” Sejin said, she was chatting with Chanyeol’s father while went around to greet guests and other directors of the company. She remained poised and calm as she took small sips from her drink. Some males in the party wanted to approach her and say hi, but there was something with her stoic expression that made them hesitate. And of course, the girl had two guards who were constantly a few feet away from her, but she had no idea about that. Yet.

“How are you lately? I heard about Clover Group reaching out to you.”

“Yes, uncle. But, its still under the wraps as of now, things haven’t been finalized and,” Sejin saw Daniel walk up the stage and he was introduced to the guests.

“You should come join us for lunch sometime, you like steak, right?”

“Beef is everything, uncle.” She joked back, her eyes went to Daniel again, and then he looked back. He gave her a small knowing smile from the stage and Sejin was so tempted to toss her glass of champagne at him.

“Hey,” She felt a palm on her bare shoulder, Mr. Park nodded at his son.

“You didn’t eat much earlier, are you okay?” Chanyeol asked, she faced him and nodded.

“I’m good, your father and I were just~”

“Excuse me, president, vice president,”

Sejin turned and her brows went up as Kang Daniel and another male were standing before them, she stepped back.

“Oh, director Song and our new brand ambassador.” Mr. Park said, Chanyeol had a ready smile on his face.

You brand ambassador was trying another brand of lips earlier too.

Lee Sejin, stop!

“Nice to meet you, sir.” Daniel said politely, and then he looked at Chanyeol.

“Hello, hyung.” He said, keeping his tone polite but his words casual. Sejin saw the surprise in the other males’ faces.

“You two know each other?” Mr. Park looked at his son, the latter nodded back.

“Yes, abeoji.”

“The vice president and I have a common friend, it’s Sejin noona.”

Sejin’s eyes doubled in size as the men looked at her.

“Really? Sejin you know Daniel? Why didn~”

“Actually no. I don’t know him, uncle.” Sejin stated, her tone cool and casual. Chanyeol tensed and he gently placed his palm on her back, but she moved. Mr. Park glanced at his sound questioningly.

Daniel paused, stunned by her words.

“Noona, I~”

“Please don’t be too comfortable.” Sejin said, she bowed politely before leaving the group.

 

 

Jena leaned across the table and smiled with content, she was out with some college friends for a girls’ night out and she was loving every single moment of it.

It had been a while since she last had drinks and loosened up. Work had kept her from having an actual life and it wasn’t like she could invite Daniel out for drinks too.

And, Sejin had a distaste for clubs.

She paused and looked around her, since when did Kang Daniel become a priority to her? She thought of him before she remembered her older cousin.

She shook her head and downed another shot.

“Hey, we haven’t seen you in months, how’s life been treating you?” Her friend asked, Jena rolled her eyes.

“. Like .” She called back, the music was too loud but she was enjoying it.

“But, nothing tequila can’t fix!” Her friends cheered as they all took shots, Jena put her glass down and looked around the club. The whole place was packed despite of being a weekday, she brushed her hair away from her face and slid down from her stool.

“I think I need to step out for a bit.”

“Why? Are you okay?” Her friend reached for her arm, Jena shook her head.

“I’m okay, I just need a little air. It’s so stuffy here.” She reasoned, she grabbed her purse and made her towards the doors, she inhaled deeply as soon as she was out.

She leaned against the wall and observed as more people lined in just to get inside the club, she looked up and smiled at the sky.

She needed this, a night without thinking, a night with just her friends. She checked her phone and opened her messages. She had no new calls or messages, she chewed on her lower lip. Her older cousin usually sent her random texts, but now, nothing.

“Okay, maybe I overreacted,” She whispered to herself, she chucked her phone back in her bag and was about to head back to the doors when a shadow loomed over her.

“Why, hello there, pretty face.”

 

 

Sejin was mumbling to herself as she pushed the glass doors before her, she removed the pins that were holding her hair up and she shook her head.

“Noona? Noona!” She muttered as she stepped out to the hotel’s rooftop garden.

“I will never understand this casual dating thing.” She murmured as she crossed her arms, she closed her eyes as she tried to erase the memory of Daniel exchanging saliva with another girl from earlier.

She set her purse down and walked closer to the ledge, her forehead creased.

Why did I have to witness that?

It’s already bad enough that Jena’s not talking to me.

Sejin shivered when a gust of wind touched her bare shoulders, she puffed her cheeks.

Her thoughts went to Chanyeol again, it didn’t make any sense to her. The bodyguards, his reaction from the other day at Suwon and now, he had cuts and bruises on his hands.

She heard the doors open behind her, she almost smiled.

“Took you long enough to find me,” She mused, she turned, her eyes widened when she realized it wasn’t Chanyeol. Instead, it was a group of four men, wearing dark clothes and ski masks.

Sejin stepped back, she winced when her heel caught into something on the ground.

“Young miss,” One spoke as they moved towards her.

“What~”

The other two suddenly moved forward and pinned her arms on her back, Sejin flinched in pain.

“Let go of me!” She screamed, they laughed and shook their heads.

“No one will hear you here, young miss.” One spoke as he leaned his face towards her neck, Sejin pulled back and yelped as they tightened the rope around her wrists.

“Stay still before we decide to rip this dress off you.”

Before Sejin could react, one of them produced a thick scarf and covered her eyes with it, she tried to squirm but the men would only laugh and pushed her forward.

“Time to move, darling.” One whispered before he lifted her over his shoulder.

 

 

“Why, hello there, pretty face.”

Jena looked at the two males with disdain, they were blocking her way.

“Excuse me,” She murmured as she tried to move past them, she heard them laugh and then she was being pinned against the wall.

Jena opened , but one of them pressed his palm against her lips, effectively silencing her.

“Make one more sound and we’ll finish you right here.”

Jena looked at the two males who were holding her, she noticed the tattoos on their necks, her forehead creased.

She remembered the news about the series of gang fights happening around the metropolitan, her forehead creased. And then, they let go of her, she dropped on the pavement with a thud.

And then they started dragging her away from the people, she tried to yank them off her but it didn’t work. She almost tripped on her heels as she was pulled forward, she halted when she realized that the man managed to trap her at a dark alley.

“What do you want?” She hissed at them, the other male took off his cap to meet her gaze evenly.

“You and your lovely cousin, hmm, both deadly.”

The male leaned down, and he grabbed her chin, making her face him.

“I wonder how much we’ll get once we~”

“What kind of mess is this?” Another voice chimed in, Jena turned her head and noticed a tall silhouette at the end of the alleyway.

“Why are you dragging such a beautiful young lady in all this?” He spoke again, Jena couldn’t pinpoint it, but she thought that the he sounded familiar.

“Back off, or we’ll~”

“You will what? Hurt her?” He sounded amused, his hearty laugh echoed through the walls.

“Try doing that.” He challenged them, and then Jena was suddenly yanked up, she felt something drip down her leg, she looked down and realized that she had skinned her knee.

“You think you’re all that. Seoul isn’t yours, it’s no longer yours!”

The male started to move forward, Jena’s eyes focused on him as he neared them. Jena froze when she recognized him, his eyes darted to her briefly and she saw how the newcomer smirked. He had his hands in his pockets as he closed in on them.

“We can discuss that after you let her go.” He said again, the two men started to laugh at him, and to Jena’s surprise, Kai laughed along.

Definitely a psycho.

And then he stopped, the look on his face completely changed, Kai started to moving, and before she knew it, the male’s grip on her was gone. Jena turned her head and watched as Kai held the man’s throat, he pushed him against the wall and slowly, his feet left the ground.

“H—He has a knife!” Jena yelped as he saw the other male approaching him, Kai shook his head and sighed.

“Or, we can discuss that now.” Kai mused as he pressed on his throat harder, Jena was stunned, she tried to move away but her left ankle wouldn’t let her.

Kai then, spun around and kicked the other man squarely in the chest, he slipped back and landed on his head with a loud thud.

“So, what did you want to say again?” He spoke again as he leaned down to look at the choking man, Jena realized that his airways were probably permanently blocked.

And yet, it all looked like a game to the tall male, he was even smiling as he brushed off his jacket.

Kai’s eyes went to her and she halted, he stood up and looked at her, no, really looked at her.

“You’re bleeding.” She heard him murmur, he proceeded to shake his leather jacket off and draped it around her.

“Th—They’re going to die.” She said to him, Kai glanced over his shoulder and shrugged.

“Can you walk?” He asked her, Jena was about to nod but then Kai grabbed her by the waist and effortlessly lifted her up in his arms.

“Put me~”

“I would love to put you down, but then, I’m kind of in a rush.” He replied as he moved forward, Jena didn’t notice the group of men move behind them as they left the scene. Kai paused briefly, he turned his head and watched as his people pick up the two males he had just “taken care” of.

So, it’s war.

“What was that, Kai?” He heard Jena ask, Kai’s brows went up.

“What?”

“Oh, so you’re acting blind now? You almost killed two people in front of me.” She muttered back, Kai smiled, amused.

“Oh, I forgot to ask, are you okay?” He asked, Jena shook her head, she was still bothered by the fact that she was being carried across the street by a man she just met, also, the alcohol was starting to kick in her system as well.

“You just said I’m bleeding.” She pointed out, she felt Kai quietly chuckle. And then, he slowly put her down and made her lean against his car.

“I did.” He said, he took out something from his jean pocket, and knelt down, Jena tensed as she watched him.

“What are you~”

Kai tied his handkerchief over her knee and tightened it to stop the bleeding. He stood up and faced her again.

“There are a lot of idiots out there, some of them needs to be fixed.” He told her, Jena pursed her lips.

“Fixing....here?” Jena replied as she pointed to , Kai grinned and shook his head at her.

“Come on, I’ll take you home.”

“We literally just met, and you want me to get in your car?”

“Would you rather walk?” Kai challenged, Jena’s eyes narrowed at him, he started to grin.

She sighed and simply got inside the front seat of the Maserati, Kai discreetly took out his phone and dialed.

“We’ve already loaded them in the van, sir. Just like you said, they seem to be working for Scorpion.”

“Good, call Chanyeol hyung. Tell them Scorpion is on the move.”

“What about these two men, sir?”

Kai yanked the door open and his lips curled up.

"I'll talk to them later. Keep them breathing."

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++