015

boyfriend

Jena watched as the black van drove away from the building, she let out sigh and started to walk towards the nearby mini mart.

She couldn’t believe it, her cousin had always remained quiet and poised no matter what was happening.

But, to do that Daniel right in front of his employers, that was in another level.

She had never felt so angry and disappointed with the older girl, although she had a feeling that Sejin wasn’t comfortable with Daniel. She didn’t expect for her to act this way, it wasn’t like her at all, but Jena knew her cousin was capable of many things too. She was one powerful woman; she just didn’t expect for her to go down to that level.

Jena walked past through the glass doors.

“Aren’t you supposed to be at work?” A deep masculine voice made her jump, she turned behind her.

“Employees are actually allowed to breathe and grab a snack.” She replied, her tone sharp. But he seemed unfazed by it as he took the shopping basket from her.

“Look who woke up in the wrong side of the bed,”

“Should I explain why I couldn’t sleep well, or do you recall what happened last night?”

Kai paused, and then he nodded.

“Point well made, Jena.”

She rolled her eyes at him as she walked towards the snack aisle, Kai followed her while glancing around, he noticed the three men who were watching them from afar. He gave them a small nod and they disappeared into the crowd.

“How’s your knee?” Kai asked her, Jena shrugged.

“It’s okay, wait, do you even have a job? Or are you one of those rich kids who have way too much~”

“Yup, totally one of those kids with way too much time in their hands.” Kai intervened, Jena chuckled.

“No, actually, I just wanted to check on you and see how you were doing.” He replied honestly, Jena paused and she glanced at him.

Kai picked up a box of Choco pies and placed them in a basket.

“Consider that as payment, come on, let’s get something to drink.” Kai patted her shoulder before moving forward. Jena exhaled and watched as he walked towards the next aisle, she didn’t miss females would glance at him as he passed by.

Jena crossed her arms as she followed him, she had to admit. Kai was attractive in a dark and dangerous manner, he was always in dark denim jeans, well fitted shirts and a leather jacket always hung on his shoulder.

“How did he get along with my prick of a cousin?”

 

 

“I didn’t know you’d personally go to something like this.” Sejin spoke softly as they were all seated.

“I wasn’t supposed to, but then I saw the papers and realized it was your company. So,”

Sejin glanced at him again.

“Why not?” He smiled, the girl shook her head, they both quieted down when the lights were dimmed in the room and the presentation begun.

Sejin felt her phone vibrate and she discreetly took it out.

I’ll pick you up for lunch. –Chanyeol

She typed in a quick reply telling him that she’ll be waiting and also asked him what they were eating.

I made reservations at a hotpot place. Is that okay? Or do you have something else in mind? –Chanyeol

She sent him a thumbs up emoji before keeping her phone away, she felt her secretary tap her on the shoulder.

“Ma’am,”

She turned her head just as she was handed the folder that contained the proposal for Clover Group.

“Right, this presentation,” She spoke, eyes went to her.

“It was prepared by the main office, the president had a hand in making this for Clover Group. We would like your side to have it reviewed as well,” Sejin continued, she glanced at the male beside her again, he was nodding along.

“So that we can reach to a mutual agreement and, I wish to have a pleasant time doing business with your company as well.”

The male cleared his throat before speaking.

“What vice president Lee said is right, I for one would like this to go well because,”

“Sejin and I, we go way back, and I don’t want any issues to happen.” He said with a smile, the other executives in the room nodded in unison.

“This might just go smoothly, you know.” He whispered to the girl beside him, Sejin smiled and nodded. Her secretary blinked in confusion, it was his first time seeing his boss act casually at a business meeting.

 

 

“Can I ask you a question?” Kai said as they sat down, the two were right outside the mart, enjoying some snacks.

“Do I have a choice?” Jena replied as she opened a packet of peanuts.

“Why did you choose working at an accounting firm? And please don’t give me a half-assed reply claiming that was your major in college.” Kai said, Jena shut , he did read her mind.

“I wanted the experience.”

“And your family’s law firm couldn’t give you that?” Kai asked, his tone soft, curious.

“If I work for my parents, it would be too easy, you know. I mean, no offense to other people who have decided to join their family businesses, but,” She trailed off, her fingers encircling around her can of coffee.

“You wanted a challenge.” Kai stated, Jena smiled.

“Exactly.”

“There’s nothing bad about that, but surely, it’s not easy.” Kai told her, Jena leaned back on her seat and crossed her legs.

“My co-workers and my boss found out who my mother is a few days after I started, I got a lot…talk around me for that.”

Kai nodded and picked up a few pieces of chips before munching on them, he glanced to his left and noticed a group of men standing across the street, they were looking elsewhere but their body language said it all.

“You? If you aren’t related to Chanyeol oppa, then, who are you?” Jena asked him, Kai grinned at her and he shook his head.

“That’s unfair, you know so much about me, it’s almost creepy. And, you don’t want to talk about yourself?”

“Hmm, by title, I am Mondo Group’s only son, at work, they call me chairman, but really, it’s just a name given to me.”

“Mondo, wow.” Jena nodded and took another sip of her coffee, Kai shrugged.

“I’m guessing Mondo’s fine with their boss roaming around like this?” Jena asked him again, Kai laughed.

“Mondo is totally cool with me hanging out with badass rebellious women.” Kai winked at her, Jena shuddered.

“And I assumed it would have been our first normal conversation.” She said to him, Kai finished his drink and glanced at the men again, they were gone.

“Never a boring time with me, miss Hong.”

 

 

The black Mustang pulled over at Lee Banking Group’s curb and the driver slid down, he broke into a grin as the valet approached him.

“Would you like to have it parked, sir?”

“No need, hyung. I’m here to pick up Sejin, I mean, vice president Lee.” He said, the male nodded and stepped away. Chanyeol leaned against his car’s hood and crossed his arms. He noticed the black Suburban parked a few meters away from him, his two men gave him polite nods.

Chanyeol was about to walk towards them when a black Bentley pulled over, he saw a familiar silhouette approached the car.

“Why~” His phone started to ring in his pocket and he picked up.

“Hi, I’m already on my way down.” Sejin spoke from the other line, Chanyeol slid inside the car.

“Okay, I’m at the front.” He nodded back, he quickly tucked the pistol under his seat and his eyes went to the doors again just as the Bentley drove past him.

A few seconds afterward, Sejin appeared by the doors, she had two men follow her as she walked towards the car.

“Hungry?” Chanyeol asked as he opened the car’s door for her, Sejin faced him, she leaned back and exhaled.

“Last night was crazy, and I’m not talking about those men.” She said to him, Chanyeol stilled.

“What do you mean?”

They didn’t notice the Bentley stopping from the other side of the curb, the windows rolled down slightly.

“It was disturbing enough to keep me up.” She murmured before leaning her forehead against his chest.

“Oh, Kang Poodle.” Chanyeol said in relief, she nodded in reply.

“Well,” He said as he playfully cupped both of her cheeks.

“I think this will soothe you a bit.” He mused before leaning down to press his lips against hers, Sejin’s eyes widened briefly, but before she could react, Chanyeol pulled back.

“Really? Right in front of my workplace?” She said warily, he beamed at her before running to his side of the car, Sejin was smiling as she shook her head, she got inside the car and the Mustang sped away from the building.

The Bentley’s windows rolled up and the Clover Group boss leaned back on his seat.

“I did come back a little too late, huh?”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++