005

boyfriend

 

“Sundays are the best, don’t you think? A day without responsibilities and yet, it’s like you’re counting down till Monday again.”

Sejin chuckled from the bed, Jena was on the floor, arranging some old books and magazines.

“Just another day to laze around the house, being bra less and all.” Jena joked back, Sejin shook her head and lay flat on the bed.

“How’s work treating you so far?” Sejin asked, Jena snorted.

“Work is , but I chose this path. I should deal with it.” Jena replied, Sejin shook her head, the girl sat up and stretched her arms.

“When do you start law school? Next year?”

“Yes, and the thought alone is a bit…terrifying, but I’m anticipating it.”

Sejin pulled her hair up and looked at her cousin, Jena was typing away on her phone. She leaned forward to see the name on the screen, Sejin puffed her cheeks and plopped down beside the girl.

“What else are you anticipating?” Sejin spoke, Jena looked up from her phone and smiled.

“Being free from the firm, and well, did I mention?” Jena grinned as she faced her, Sejin blinked.

“Daniel asked me if I could visit his studio, he started his own company, remember?”

“Yes, I saw on the news, or I heard you talk about it.” Sejin nodded and leaned back against the foot of her bed.

“It’s a bit of a step, huh? His people will see us together there, his manager, his~”

“Jena,”

The younger girl paused, she set the pile of books away from her.

“I want to hear about you,”

“Oh, unnie, sorry. Well, eomma wants us to do this Southeast Asian tour this year.”

“Sounds perfect.” Sejin nodded along as she helped the girl with the books.

“But, unnie, can I ask you something?”

“Go ahead, it’s not like you don’t give ask me weird stuff on a daily basis.” She chuckled at the girl.

“I have…I don’t know how to explain this, but lately I think that this thing with Daniel and I..it may be working. And,”

Sejin wanted to cry.

“And?” Sejin cleared and wanted to roll her eyes.

“It’s…It’s exciting but the same time, I’m afraid, unnie.”

“Afraid?”

“He’s like, well, technically, he’s my first. If things go well for us, he would be my first. And, I so badly want things to end up nicely, you know.”

“Jena, you…you said you wanted it to be casual.” Sejin was confused.

“I know, I did. But unnie~”

“You got attached to him.” Sejin finished, Jena giggled.

“I think, I did.”

 

 

Chanyeol had his Bluetooth headphones on as he finished some work on his laptop, he didn’t even notice how someone had entered his unit.

The door to his study opened, and he was still busy with work. Sejin put her purse down and padded towards him, Chanyeol looked up in surprise.

“Sejin-ah!” He beamed as he put his headphones away, Sejin was dressed casually, a pair of shorts and an oversized shirt.

“I thought you had the whole day with Jena.” He said as he checked the time, it was just three in the afternoon.

“Yes, supposedly.” She rubbed her eyes and looked around, Chanyeol’s brows rose.

“Supposedly? Come here.” Chanyeol grabbed her wrist and gently pulled her to his lap.

“We just had lunch when Kang Poodle came by to pick her up. And, we already bought movie tickets for tonight too.” She muttered in a dark tone, Chanyeol frowned and just wrapped his arms around her.

“I mean, I’m used to always being open to her, honest and everything. But, just today, she called her mom and told her that she’d be out late because we were heading to Everland. She’s lying to her parents, and now she’s also dragging me into it. And it..scares me.” She breathed, between the two of them, Chanyeol was always the one with a lot to say. He was the chatty one, very open to conversation and with his feelings.

But there were days when Sejin was like this, uneasy and tensed.

“So, she’s with Daniel at Everland, but what your aunt knows is that…”

“No one’s at Everland, they’re off on a date, I think. I don’t know, dates .” She mumbled before leaning her head against his shoulder.

“I just hope she’s safe and that nothing bad happens.” She sighed, Chanyeol smiled and kissed the top of her head.

“Should we go on one? Since they so much?” Chanyeol said lightly, trying to lighten up the mood, he heard Toben race into the room.

“Can we just spend the afternoon here? Let’s make spicy rice cakes too.” She murmured while tracing on the tattoo on his arm.

“I know what you’re feeling, you don’t like how Jena’s lying to everyone and it might put you in danger too, but baby,”

Sejin pressed her cheek against his chest as he rubbed circles on her back.

“I don’t wish for you and Jena to be in a bad place because of this, you both need each other. She’s not just a cousin to you, she’s a sister. So, don’t overthink this, okay? If it bothers you so much, then I think it’s best for you to avoid her. You don’t have to force yourself to understand everything, I know you’re like that with everybody.”

“I don’t force myself to understand you.” She murmured, Chanyeol broke into a smile.

“Was that your attempt at being cheerful?”

“I tried.” She replied.

“Did you hear me?” Chanyeol nudged her, wanting to go back to the topic.

“You were heard, thank you.” She said softly before closing her eyes, Chanyeol nodded and pulled the girl closer to him.

 

 

Jena paused and she looked around the shop, they were at a street wear concept store at Hongdae.

“My friend just opened this shop a few weeks ago, I thought I could check it out with you.” Daniel said silently as he stood beside her, he was wearing a black face mask with a matching bucket hat.

“If only I could wear these to work.” She mused as she pulled out a pair of heavily distressed jeans from the shelf, he smiled.

“Weekends or, shopping trips with the family.”

“Maybe, if my mother doesn’t disown me by then, it could work.” She joked back as she looped arms with him, but the male tensed up.

Jena’s eyes widened and she immediately let go.

“S—Sorry, I forgot~”

“It’s okay, you don’t have to apologize. Sometimes, I forget too.” He said to her, he looked around the store, no one was able to recognize him yet.

“This one looks nice.” Jena said as she pulled out an oversized sweater, Daniel walked towards her.

“You like it?” He asked her, Jena nodded as she examined the clothing and then he suddenly took it from her.

“Hey, Dan~”

“Take it as a gift, you’ve been really nice to me despite how difficult I am.” He winked at her before heading to the counter, Jena exhaled and fixed the strap of her purse on her shoulder. Jena was about to walk towards Daniel when she noticed a bunch of men running outside, she halted when she saw that they were carrying what looked like to be metal rods.

“What are~”

“Is that a gang fight? Where are the police?” She heard one of the customers say, and then almost immediately, the security personnel locked down the doors. Jena watched as more men, dressed in dark clothes filled the streets.

“What~”

“The police are on their way, we have a back door exit!”

Jena heard Daniel calling for her, she felt someone grab her hand.

“Come on, I parked the car nearby, I think we should leave.”

 

 

Sejin was barefoot as she padded around the kitchen, Chanyeol was busy preparing the rice cakes and she was bored.

“I got the invitation for next week, do you need me to come?”

“I want you to come.” Chanyeol replied, she gagged at his words and he chuckled.

“I mean, you know, some parties, you just want it with your family and colleagues.”

“I hate how you’re very careful with the whole space thing.” Chanyeol glanced at her, she grinned back at him.

“You mean, I’m respectful, and I don’t want people to misunderstand.” She said as she sat on one of the stools.

“Misunderstand, what? Are we still not dating?” He shot back jokingly, Sejin smiled and picked up a piece of cheese off the counter.

“I’ll be there then.”

“You better be.” He hummed back, Sejin was about to hand him the chili sauce when Chanyeol’s phone started to ring on the table.

“Can you take that for me?” He called out from the stove, she nodded and picked up the device.

“It’s Kai.” She announced before answering.

“Jongin, whe~”

“Hyung, it’s an emergency!” Kai sounded distressed, Sejin slid down from the seat.

“Hong~”

“Hey, it’s me. I’ll pass you to Chanyeol.” Sejin said, Kai stopped talking. The girl walked towards Chanyeol.

“It’s Kai, let me finish this.” Sejin said as she handed the phone to him, Chanyeol nodded and handed the spatula to her.

He glanced at the screen before pressing the device against his ear.

“What’s up?” He spoke, Sejin transferred the pan on the table and waved for Toben to come to her.

“Something big happened, and I’m at the hospital.”

“What are you talking about? Are you okay?” He asked in low tones as he walked towards the terrace, Sejin glanced at him as she lifted Toben in her arms.

“You’re always so pretty, unlike someone I know.” Sejin said as she kissed Toben’s head. Lee Sejin can be petty too, not everyone is aware that.

“I’m okay, hyung. But, it’s already in Seoul.” Kai’s words made him freeze and then the younger male ended the call.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++