016

boyfriend

 

“What?” Chanyeol paused, he set his steak knife down.

“You can even ask your guards, they saw it too.” Sejin nodded, she leaned forward to get another slice of his chicken again.

“Isn’t he..with Jena? Or, are things really different now?” Chanyeol murmured, Sejin rolled her eyes and took a long sip of her cola.

Chanyeol studied the expression on her face, Sejin did look troubled, but it irked him that this Kang Daniel and Jena issue seem a lot more worrying for her than the other thing.

Sejin was harassed because of him.

He exhaled and slowly pushed his plate towards her.

“Why aren’t you eating? Did I talk too much?” She asked, Chanyeol shook his head and she gave him one of her rare shy smiles.

“Usually you’re the one talking, I felt like I had to make up for it.”

“Sejin, it’s~”

“I know, you don’t have to explain. We you have a lot on your plate right now, well, figuratively, since I’m the one finishing your food.” She told him, Chanyeol smiled.

“Spend the rest of the afternoon with me?” He asked her, Sejin nodded back.

“Let’s do that.”

Chanyeol’s brows rose and then he stood up and transferred to the seat beside hers.

“Are you really that bothered with what Daniel did?”

“He’s being an , mister Park, I’m more than bothered. I want Jena to know, but at the same time I am sure this will just make things a lot more complicated between us. She…She’s really protective of him. “ She said as she let go of her fork.

“But, can’t you focus on me instead?” Chanyeol said childishly, wanting her to relax. Sejin blinked and she looked at him.

“I get that you’re worried about Jena, but what about you? Are you sure you’re okay?” He asked as he met her gaze evenly.

“We can go over and over this again, and all I can say is that I’m fine. And I’m more worried about people wanting to kidnap me, because, I’m not the target. You are. My boyfriend is the target and yet he keeps on asking me~”

“Whoa, you just exceeded your word count for the day.” Chanyeol interrupted her with a small smile, Sejin shut , peeved.

“Alright, I got it. Spend the afternoon with me then.” He said as he took her hand in his.

“I already said I would.” She grumbled under her breath, Chanyeol chuckled and kissed the side of her head.

“Park Chanyeol, do that again and I swear to~”

“Alright, no PDA.” He said jokingly before letting go of her palm, Sejin glanced at him and she carefully laced her pinky with his.

“Keep me sane, please.” She whispered, Chanyeol looked at her and he nodded back.

“Alright.”

 

 

Jena exhaled as she took her seat across her mother.

“What’s with you? You look tired.” The woman said, her father was out of town for some business and they were left to themselves.

“Just work, eomma. I’m good.”

“You should be, you chose that path.”

Jena looked away, not wanting to reply.

“By the way, your cousin called me today, she said she’s been trying to reach you. Sejin sounded really worried.”

“She should be.” Jena replied, her mother paused and looked at her.

“Why? Did something happen?”

Jena shook her head and helped herself with the food, her mother glanced at the help, dismissing them so that they could talk.

“No, unnie just expects me to talk to her everyday and she knows I’m quite preoccupied with work. You know her, eomma, she has a lot free time on some days.”

“That’s because she chose a career that enables her to do that,” The elder simply replied, Jena sighed and put her utensils down.

“When will you ever respect my decisions?” She replied, her mother paused and looked at her.

“I understand that you’re busy but to have people worry over you is another thing. You could have at least sent her a text, she called me up because she was worried.”

Jena pushed her chair back and stood up.

“I’m done eating, good night.”

“Jena,” Her mother spoke, she stopped and looked at her.

“What’s going on with you? You’ve been coming home late, I rarely see you at home and now, you’re avoiding your cousin?”

Jena shook her head and took a step back from the table.

“I don’t always have to answer to her, eomma. She has her own life, and I have to live my own.”

“I wasn’t~”

“Everyone takes her side!”

 

 

Sejin slid down from the Mustang and waited for Chanyeol. She slung her purse over her shoulder before speaking.

“Where are we going? Why do you have to switch cars?” She asked, Chanyeol stretched his hand to her as they walked towards the building.

He had decided to drop by his condo unit in Apgujeong after eating, Chanyeol wanted to rest for a bit.

“How about…we go visit an arcade or an amusement park?” He asked as they got inside the lobby, Sejin let go of his hand, she was more comfortable with hooking arms with him.

“I’m okay with that, I do have clothes at your place, right? I’m not dressed for your version of fun.” She mused as they got inside the elevator.

“Yes, you do.”

The doors closed before them, Chanyeol took out his phone and he frowned.

“Your battery’s dead. Better charge up before we head off. Do you need to call someone?” She took out her phone and offered it to him.

“No, no. It’s okay.”

The doors pinged open again, Sejin walked ahead and she reached the door. She glanced at Chanyeol, he gave her a small nod.

She quickly typed in the code and shower herself in, Sejin took off her heels and padded to the kitchen.

“Do you want something to drink?” She called out, Chanyeol puffed his cheeks as he strolled by the living room, Sejin had already discarded her coat, it was draped over the couch.

“Water would be nice, babe.” He called out as he made his way up to his room, and then he paused. The door to his study was half open.

“Sejin-ah,” He called out, he could hear Sejin’s movements from downstairs. Chanyeol slowly walked towards the study, he pressed his ear against the wall and his brows went up. He padded back towards the stairs before speaking.

“Can you make popcorn too?” He called out in a louder voice.

“Do you have butter overload?” Sejin’s reply came muffled, Chanyeol glanced over his shoulder.

“Of course, they’re in the pantry. Thank you.”

Chanyeol quietly slid inside his room, he made his way towards his safe, he took out the Glock 22 and swiftly attached the silencer.

He walked towards the study and he silently pushed the door open, he noticed a hooded figure hovering over his laptop.

Chanyeol exhaled, intentionally making a sound. The male froze and he looked up, he had a ski mask on to hide his face.

“What are you doing?” Chanyeol spoke, his tone low. The male tilted his head in reply, and then the Park Holdings heir yanked out the gun and pointed it at the stranger.

Chanyeol cocked his gun, then, before he could speak again, he felt something cold and hard press against the back of his head.

The male started to chuckle back at him, his fingers still on the laptop.

“How about you let us finish the job, young master?” The person behind him whispered as he pressed the pistol harder against Chanyeol’s skull.

“And then, we can finish you.”

 

 

Kai leaned against his car as he watched the building before him, almost an hour ago he and his men had ransacked the place. It was almost empty, except for the few Scorpion men inside but they discovered something else.

And it was unsettling.

They had a large amount of illegal drugs inside, and not just that, they had weapons as well. Enough weapons to shut down a police station, they even had hand grenades. He heard footsteps approaching him, his brows rose.

“Young master,” The police officer spoke, Kai nodded and shook his offered hand.

“We were just doing our routinely checks, I believe,” Kai gestured towards the drugs and the guns, the officer grimaced.

“Don’t worry, I already ordered a news blackout on this, it wont go out to the public.” Kai told the male, the latter nodded back.

“Who is this, sir? Someone your family knows?”

Kai’s eyes went to the group of Scorpion members again, he exhaled.

“Need to know, officer.” Kai said to him before walking towards the group, he crouched over to see them face to face.

“What do you want? Why are you back here?” Kai asked, the men remained silent, but they were all staring daggers at him.

“What does Scorpion want?”

One of them looked up and spat at him, Kai’s guards grew tensed, they were about to move but the young master raised his hand.

“What makes you think we would tell you!”

Kai’s lips quirked up, and then the male started to laugh at his face. The guards glanced at each other, and then before anyone could react, Kai’s fist connected with the male’s nose and his eyes rolled backward.

Kai stood up again, he walked in the building and grimaced as he realized how musky it was inside.

“They must want something.” He murmured as he noticed a lone table, he made his way towards it and paused.

“This,” Kai recognized the blueprint before him, it was Chanyeol’s triplex unit in Apgujeong. He jogged out of the room with the papers in hand, and then the males started to laugh at him.

“Get Chanyeol hyung’s security on the line, now!” He yelled at his men, Kai walked towards their captives and shook his head.

“You have no idea what you just started.” Kai hissed at them, they snorted at him.

“He was never of help to you anyway.” One replied, Kai’s jaw clenched, he grabbed one of the guns on the ground and shot the man on the toe, then at his knee and next, his arm. He did that without blinking, Kai’s eyes turned cold as he looked at the man.

The group turned quiet as the male started to yowl in pain, blood was spilling everywhere.

“Sure, and you have no idea what will happen next.” Kai threw the gun away before going to his car.

The Maserati’s engine roared to life as it raced away from the scene, Kai slammed his palms against the steering wheel as his call went to voicemail.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++