033

boyfriend

 

Kai quickly slid down from his horse as he realized what was happening, Lee Jooheon was standing before his friend, challenging him.

Kim Jongin wanted to laugh and roll around the grass in frustration, why must Jooheon do this? It’s already stressing enough with the Park heir always being on the edge lately, and now he wants to add flames to the raging fire that is Park Chanyeol?

“Jooheon-ah, stop this.” Sejin stepped between them, she turned to Jooheon but was pulled back by the taller male.

“Sejin, he’s not good for you. He’s trouble!” Jooheon yelled at her, Sejin’s forehead creased and she glanced around them.

Kai puffed his cheeks and stood beside Jena, she nudged her.

“Wanna bet?” He spoke, Jena looked at him, bewildered.

“What?” Jena whispered back, Kai’s lips curled up and he looked at the scene before them again.

“He’s about to be pummeled down. Down to the ground.” Kai hummed, Jena balked and slapped his arm.

“Don’t~”

“Why don’t you mind your own business and leave us alone?” Chanyeol finally spoke up in a tone that Jena had never heard him use before, her eyes widened.

Kai let out a soft chuckle.

“He’s about to become the biggest part of this match.” He mused as he glanced at the crowd around them.

 

 

“Why don’t you mind your own business and leave us alone?”

Sejin panicked, he was using that tone. She knew her boyfriend, Chanyeol was slow to anger, in fact, he almost never gets angry.

Annoyed, yes. But he was never the type to lose his cool, that wasn’t him.

But now, she could feel how frustrated he was.

“I don’t think I can just turn a blind eye and watch as you destroy her.” Jooheon shot back still pointing the bottle towards them.

“Put that down.” Chanyeol shot back, and then he gently pulled Sejin to his back, his forehead was creased as he looked at the male. Kai noticed how the male’s fists were curled tightly, but he remained calm.

“Jooheon, please stop this. People are watching.” Sejin murmured, but the male only shook his head. Sejin spotted her cousin in the crowd, Jena stood beside Kai. She was staring at Jooheon with disdain while Kai looked amused and preoccupied. 

Sejin felt Chanyeol's grip on her tighened and she started to gently massaged the back of his palm.

“Sejin-ah, it took you years to build a name for yourself, you care about how people see you and yet, by being with him you’re risking all that.” Jooheon explained, Sejin felt Chanyeol tense, his grip on her wrist became more viselike. Sejin turned her head again, Kai was staring back at her. His foehaded creased, as if signalling her to move before Chanyeol does something.

Sejin sighed and she gently shook his hand off and moved forward, she stood between the two males.

“This has to stop, Jooheon. I chose to be with him, so whatever happens, it’s on me. Just, please, let this go.” She asked, but Jooheon yanked her arm forward.

Sejin winced as the bottle collided with her shoulder, and that was when hell broke loose.

 

 

“This is stressing. What the hell is wrong with him?” Jena murmured, she noticed several men in dark suits appear in the crowd, her brows rose, thinking it was just security.

“This has to stop, Jooheon. I chose to be with him, so whatever happens, it’s on me. Just, please, let this go.”

“Imagine being this desperate.” Jena sighed, she glanced at Kai and realized that he was checking his phone.

“Kim Jongin, I think you should~”

Gasps were heard as Chanyeol grabbed the bottle from the male and he kicked him down to ground.

“Just why,” Chanyeol asked as the heel of his shoe dug deeper into his chest, Sejin could only stare at them.

“Why can’t you leave her alone?” Chanyeol yelled at him, Jooheon was coughing, trying to catch his breath. Chanyeol dropped the bottle a few inches above Jooheon’s head.

“I don’t understand what part of mind your own business you do not understand, but,” Chanyeol was seething now.

“Chanyeol-ah,” Sejin said softly, he felt her fingers lace with his and his jaw tightened. Chanyeol’s brows rose briefly and he pulled his foot off Jooheon’s chest, the latter started coughing.

“Bother her again and I’ll make sure you’ll get to meet the real me.” He spat before turning away from him, Sejin glanced at Jooheon briefly and let Chanyeol pull her along.

 

 

“What is he saying?” Kai murmured as they walked towards the clubhouse, Jena was padding alongside him.

“Jooheon is trying to meet the real him, then that wouldn’t be nice.” He hummed, Jena glanced at him.

“What are you talking about? We just witnessed Chanyeol oppa go full on The Hulk on Jooheon. It looked like a lawsuit waiting to happen.” She mumbled, Kai ran his fingers through his hair before laughing.

“It felt satisfying seeing Jooheon being muddy and gasping for air, oh, and he did look like he was about to cry.”

“Kai,” Jena sighed, the male glanced at her and shrugged.

“He’s the one who created trouble during the match.”

“Congratulations on your team winning, you play really well.” Jena started, Kai nodded and offered his arm to her.

“I’m glad you came, I usually only have Sejin cheering me on.”

“Really? I heard a lot of ladies call out your name,” Jena said lightly, Kai glanced back before replying.

“Well, I didn’t hear you calling my name. Should I be offended?” Kai shot back in a playful tone, Jena paused, her eyes focusing on his face.

“I cheered you on, you were just focused on the game.” She replied, Kai grinned and then he reached out to tuck a lock of her hair behind her ear. Jena felt her stomach tighten but she kept her gaze steady.

“Let me just change and I’ll join you for brunch inside. Sejin’s probably already seated as well.” Kai winked before turning away from her, Jena let out a huge sigh before dashing for the doors.

Oh my god, I cannot do this. He’s too much.

She glanced back again, only to see Kai joining his teammates from earlier, he was in the process of ing the buttons of his polo shirt.

The girl quickly looked away and got inside the hall.

I can’t be on his radar, right?

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++