001

boyfriend

“So, you’re really still seeing her?”

The young male looked up from his iPad, he took off his cap and faced his friend.

“We talked that it would be a casual thing.”

“Casual? Are you sure about that?”

He leaned back and buried his hands further into the front pocket of his oversized hoodie. He felt exhausted because of yesterday’s activities, but he still had training for the rest of the day.

“She’s fun to be with, I’ve ever connected like this with someone, hyung.” He replied openly, the male paused, sensing his sincerity.

“Casual, you said that.” He told him, the younger male paused, his forehead creasing.

“I know, I have to be honest, hyung. That’s what I want right now, meeting new people, hanging out and~”

“What if you get attached? It’s gonna bite you in the .” He snorted at him, the male smiled and shook his head.

“I have things to think about, hyung. I have other stuff to prioritize. And she knows that.”

The male shrugged back at him and stared at the mirrors on the wall.

“Is she pretty?”

“Very. She’s career-oriented too.”

“Which family?”

“Let’s just say if the company finds out, I’m done for.” He chuckled to himself, his phone beeped and he took it out.

“Hey, aren’t you being too risky? You just started.” The male chided, but the latter shook his head.

“I like hanging out with her, it’s okay, hyung. It’s not that bad.” He said with confidence as he checked his reflection.

“You and casually dating this lady, I’m worried. You better not get caught.”

“I won’t.”

 

 

“Ma’am, it’s your phone.”

The girl grimaced behind her sunglasses and took the phone from the male, her eyes went to screen and saw her younger cousin’s name flashing back at her.

“I can’t right now.” She replied as she walked ahead and chuckled her phone in her purse, letting it be buried deep inside the depths of the Hermes bag. The male paused, stunned. His boss never ignored a call from her younger cousin.

“What’s on my schedule today? Do I have to be in Ulsan for the festival?” She asked as they got inside the elevator, the male nodded back.

“Yes, ma’am. And, Mrs. Eom sends her regards and would want to invite you over for some tea at her place.”

The girl remained quiet, a sign for him to continue.

“It was also mentioned that for the opening at one of our mall branches, the directors would like it if you could come personally,”

No reaction from the young lady, typical.

“Also, regarding the new system developments, we might have to do a server clean up this week. Announcements are being submitted as drafts to the main office as of now.”

The elevator doors opened again, the lady nodded back.

“Yes. No. Tell them to hurry up with the drafts, it’s just a short notice, no need to go all nitpicky over the grammar. Remind them to keep it simple and straight to the point, so that our clients wont have to rush and call our hotline.” She spoke, her tone flat.

“Yes for Ulsan and you are not going to Mrs. Eom place, right, ma’am?” He asked as he walked behind her, his ever stoic boss nodded back.

“I don’t have time for tea, and I don’t want to be paired up with her son again. I’m not interested.” She replied as they crossed the lobby, the male nodded back and her black Bentley pulled into the front curb, the valet quickly went down from the vehicle.

He saw how his boss tilted her head briefly, and then she faced him.

“What shall I tell miss Hong, ma’am? She scheduled dinner with you and the young master this Saturday.”

“For three?”

“No, for four.” He said, not wanting to lie. Her lips pursed, it was clear she was contemplating. Contemplating a million ways just to stay away from that dinner.

“No.” She said before turning towards her car and getting inside.

“No, as in she refuses to meet with her cousin for the fourth time this month.”

 

 

“Oh, did you wait long?” The girl, dressed in a pair of gray slacks and a white blouse said as she approached the hooded male across the street.

“I just got here, how was your day?” He gave her a small sweet smile as he wrapped his arms around the girl’s frame.

“It was okay, my seniors are giving me just because….well, whatever.” She sighed at him, he took her hand as they walked through a dim alley.

“They’re judging you because you went to a prestigious university, nice.” He said, humoring her. She groaned and shook her head.

“What time should I come back to pick you up?” He asked her, she smiled and met his gaze.

“I can come to you, you don’t have to be here and risked being seen.”

He let out a soft chuckle before putting his hood down to plant a soft kiss on her forehead.

“That’s good, I’ll buy us dinner. My place?”

She nodded back before reaching upward to fix his hood, he caught her wrist and smiled.

“You don’t have to be paranoid, it’s fine.”

“I’d rather be safe.”

“Oh, I’m doing this for me, not you.” She replied with a cheeky grin.

“Then, you mentioned about meeting up with your cousin again,”

The girl paused, and nodded.

“You don’t have to worry, she won’t tell anyone.”

He cupped her cheek and nodded back.

“I know, I would love to hang out with her again, she seems fun.”

“Hmm, she probably likes you by now.” She said wistfully as she hooked arms with the male.

 

 

“Hey, where are you?” The tall male asked as he put his car on park, he grabbed his phone and slid down from the Mustang.

“I had to step out for a bit, I have lunch with my aunt. You?” She asked, he smiled as he grabbed his leather jacket and walked towards the glass doors.

“I just got in the office, can I see you tonight?”

“Why are you acting as if you don’t randomly show up at my house?” She replied, he broke into a grin.

“I was just being polite. Do you want me to bring something to eat?”

“Jena wants to get dinner again. With the poodle.”

“My poodle?” He blinked, confused.

“No, the other one.” She replied, wanting him to keep up. He went through the doors and the employees who were passing by took the time to greet the young CEO of Park Holdings with a polite bow. While some of the female staff would opt to stare at him as he passed by, he was quite famous for his looks and impressive stature. Also, the young executive always had a welcoming smile for others and his warm personality was a plus too.

“He seems okay, we met him~”

“You met him, I didn’t.”

“Well, he said hi and you pretended it was just a gust of wind, baby.” He mused at her, unfazed by her cold tone.

“Call me later, you just got in the office.” She said to him, he nodded.

“I’ll text before calling, enjoy your day.”

“Hmm, you too.”

“Be nice.”

“I’m nicely ending the call now.” She replied and the line went dead, he smiled to himself and put his phone back in his jean pocket.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

Foreword has been updated :>