010

boyfriend

 

Kai slid down from his Maserati and looked at the building before him, he grinned and leaned against his car.

“Working at an accounting firm, and yet her family owns one of the biggest law firms in the country. Interesting.”

His eyes zeroed in one the revolving doors, but something caught his attention. A silver Mercedes Benz had pulled over across the street, he looked at the vehicle with interest. His brows went up when a young male slid down, he had face mask and cap on.

“Why do people think that those things actually work? Life isn’t a Marvel movie.” Kai murmured to himself. And then the male raised his hand and started to wave at someone, Kai followed his gaze and his brows went up.

He pushed himself off that car and saw Hong Jena going down the steps. His lips quirked up as he stopped right in front of the girl.

She immediately stopped and looked at him.

“You look familiar.” Kai spoke, the girl’s brows went up.

“My cousin probably knows you as well.” She replied, her tone firm.

“You’re Sejin’s younger cousin, right?”

“You’re asking me that as if you’re not sure. And yet, you’re here right in front of me, bold enough to strike up a conversation.” She said, Kai grew amused.

Not sure who’s worse, this young lady or Chanyeol’s ice queen.

“I was just being polite. It’s Kai, by the way.” He extended one palm to her, the girl eyed him briefly before shaking his hand.

“Jena.”

“So, did you notice anything strange happen around you lately?”

Jena tilted her head at him, her eyes went past the male’s shoulder, Daniel was looking at them oddly.

“Except for you, nothing so far. Why are we talking again?”

“Because we have common friends.”

“I don’t see how that makes sense, but I kind of have to go.” Jena said to him, he could hear the annoyance in her town.

“Off on a date, I see.” Kai said to her, Jena halted and looked at him.

“Excuse me?”

Kai glanced behind him and shrugged.

“A secret relationship, how exciting.”

“W—What are~” Jena was stunned, she started to look around them.

“Look, I don’t mean~”

“Don’t worry, I won’t spill. I just wanted to see you in person, you look better in real life though.”

“Are you…some kind of stalker?” Jena sounded angry, he shook his head again. His eyes went to the revolving doors behind the girl. He spotted two males retreating back to the lobby, he could see the tattoos on their wrists, Kai mentally sighed.

“No,” Kai said as he leaned forward, Jena balked when he reached to brush her hair away from her cheek.

“What are you~”

“I just wanted to say hi to Sejin’s cousin. Bye.” Kai winked at her before jogging up the steps, Jena stared as the male dashed through her office’s building and he disappeared through the doors.

“Is he..a psycho?”

 

 

 

“This is what you wanted to discuss about?” Sejin asked her father as she sat down across him, the elder had just arrived from Moscow.

“They’re a Korean-American company that I want you to welcome here.”

“They want to bank with us?” She asked as she pulled the portfolio closer to her.

“Yes, they reached out to my office two weeks ago.”

Sejin nodded, she opened the file and she halted, she pursed her lips before setting the folder back on the table.

“I’m afraid I might not be able to welcome them here next week, I have to accompany your mother to Singapore.”

“By myself?” Sejin asked, her father nodded, a little confused at her reaction.

“Why are you acting as if it’s your first time meeting a new client?” He chuckled, Sejin shook her head.

“N—No, it’s not like that, appa.”

“Well, I’ll leave that to you. How about we get lunch together? Your mother wants to see you.”

“We live in one house.” Sejin stated, her father gave her a look. She grinned before standing up.

“I’ll look into this, don’t worry.” She got the folder from the table, the elder nodded back.

“And, lunch?”

“Yes, let’s use one car later. I have to be home early today.”

“Right, you have that party with Park Holdings. How’s Chanyeol doing?”

“He’s doing great, he’ll be at halmae’s birthday lunch this weekend.” Sejin informed him, her father nodded, pleased.

“That’s good to hear. You may go.”

Sejin bowed politely before stepping out of the office, she opened the folder again and puffed her cheeks.

“Well, this is a bit difficult.” She said to herself as she walked towards the elevator.

 

 

Sejin looked at the hotel’s front as the driver went around the vehicle to open the door for her.

“Should I wait for you, vice president? Or, will the vice chairman drive you home?” He asked as she slid down from the Rolls Royce.

“You can go home early, ahjussi. Chanyeol’s already inside.” She said good-naturedly, Sejin headed straight for the lobby. She was welcomed in by Chanyeol’s secretary.

“Ma’am, this way.” The male gestured for her to follow him, Sejin arrived at a huge hall that was already filled with guests.

“Should I call the vice chairman, ma’am?”

“No, I’ll look for him myself. Thank you.” Sejin patted his arm before moving forward, she tensed when she felt eyes on her as she walked in the event. She puffed her cheeks before looking up, her eyes quickly scanned the room.

She heard a familiar laugh and she turned her head, her brows rose in relief.

“Sejin, dear. Finally!”

Someone called her, before she could react she was approached by Mrs. Park, the girl smiled.

“Auntie, sorry for being late. I got caught up at work and I couldn’t leave early.” Sejin said apologetically, the elder smiled before taking her hand.

“It’s okay, we were a little late too. But, why did you arrive alone? That son of mine, really!”

“It’s not his fault, auntie. He offered to pick me up, but I was busy.” She chuckled and hooked arms with the lady, Mrs. Park rolled her eyes.

“Still, he could have waited and~”

“Eomma,” Chanyeol intervened, Sejin grinned at him. Her mother slapped his arm and the latter flinched.

“How could you let her walk in alone? What if someone steps in and take her away from you? What will you do then?” Mrs. Park nagged, Sejin laughed and shook her head.

“Then, I’ll take it from here, mother.” Chanyeol sighed, the elder grinned at Sejin before moving away.

“She loves you more than she loves me. Wow.” Chanyeol said to the girl as he offered his arm to her, Sejin smiled and looked around. And then she felt Chanyeol’s palm on the middle of her chest, she balked at him.

“That doesn’t make you uncomfortable?” He asked, referring to the bit of cleavage she was showing, she chuckled softly.

“Now I am. Because of your hand.”

His eyes widened and he immediately dropped his arm, he pursed his lips, a little peeved. Sejin smiled and nudged for him to talk.

“What kept you busy? Is this about the client your father wants you to meet?” Chanyeol asked, and then he paused, his eyes travelled from her neck to the skirt of her dress, he started to smile.

“What is it? Is it too much? I let Jena talk me into wearing~”

“It looks perfect. You look perfect, as always.” Chanyeol giggled, Sejin shook her head at him, she was about to speak when she noticed his knuckles.

“Do you want something to drink? Champagne~”

Sejin grabbed his hand and he halted, Chanyeol followed her gaze and he tensed.

“When did you get hurt? Did you get in an accident?” Sejin asked as she stared at his knuckles, they were all bruised and the back of his hand had small cuts as well.

“N—No, earlier I was sparring with Kai, you know, exercising.” Chanyeol replied, her forehead creased and she looked up to meet his gaze.

“Let’s say I’ll buy that story for now.” Sejin stated, Chanyeol froze, but the girl grinned at him.

“Sejin-ah, it’s~”

“You’ve been acting strange lately, while I’m sure that it’s not because of me, duh.” She said lightly, Chanyeol frowned, the girl was making him relax. Because he knew she could feel that something was wrong, but Sejin would never force him to talk about it.

“But, if it gets too much,” She said softly.

“I’m just a phone call away. Or, you can come over, whichever you prefer.” Sejin shrugged, playful. She noticed a waiter nearby and was about to wave him over when Chanyeol tugged her back and made the girl face him.

“What if it’s something really bad? Will you hate me for it?” He asked her, Sejin pursed her lips, her eyes went to the doors.

“Bad? Like how? What~ How dare you invite him here?” She blurted out, Chanyeol grew confused and he glanced back. He paused when he saw Kang Daniel walk into the party.

“I—I don’t know.” Chanyeol was just as stunned as her, he heard Sejin sigh.

“Look, Park Chanyeol,” She spoke, her focus returning to him.

“I don’t think I can ever hate you, I mean, you’re…you’ve always been you. And, whatever’s bothering you right now, I’m sure it’s nothing I can’t handle.” Sejin said to him, her eyes soft and understanding. For a moment, Chanyeol wanted to tell her everything. To tell her what’s really going on and who he really was. And what his family’s other side of the business is.

“I want to kiss you right now.” He whispered, Sejin pulled back, peeved.

“Nope.” She said before turning away from him, Chanyeol watched as the girl approached his father and greeted him with familiarity.

I don’t deserve her.

 

 

Sejin made her way towards the doors and stepped out of the party, she paused when she spotted two familiar males walking towards her.

“Vice president, are you heading somewhere?”

Chanyeol’s bodyguards.

Why does he need guards?

“Just the restroom. Can~”

“We’ll walk you there, ma’am.” The male replied and gestured for her to walk first, Sejin scrunched her nose and nodded.

So, Kang Poodle is now spokesperson for Park Holdings. Of all the celebrities their team could choose, why does it have to be him?

Isn’t it enough that I see his face from my office everyday, now he’s working with the boyfriend too?

The boyfriend.

Sejin exhaled, she mentally sighed.

Something’s bothering him. And I feel bad that I don’t know what’s going on with him.

They reached the ladies’ room and she walked inside, she took out her lipstick and checked her reflection.

“He’s always the chatty one, but he seems to be holding back.” Sejin murmured before retouching her makeup, she checked her hair again.

She gathered her things and made her way towards the door, she pushed it open and stepped out. Sejin looked around, the guards must have left her.

She was about to move forward when she heard voices, she turned her head and saw the two guards leaning against the wall, they seem to be looking at something.

Sejin approached them and quietly peeked over their shoulders and then she gasped, the guards jumped back as soon as they saw her.

“V-Vice president, we were just~”

Sejin stepped back as she watched the two people from afar, the male had his arms around the unknown woman as their lips moved against each other.

“I—I…have to go back inside.” Sejin blurted out, her jaw grew taut as she turned back and marched towards the party.

She felt anger rise up to her neck and her lips thinned, the doors were opened before her and Sejin walked in the party.

She closed her eyes briefly and glanced behind her again.

What a sick bastard.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++